SOTD: Saturday 8 - Friday 14 October 2022.

RAZOR: Henson AL13 Med
BLADE: Bic Chrome (3)
BRUSH: Simpson Duke 3
SOAP: Southern Witchcraft Samhain

Ahh, what a relief to move to the Henson after the last few butcherings with the Parker Semi Slant. Although it feels disconcertingly light the Henson easily ploughs through stubble with a blade with no risk to my face. It's a shame this had been relegated to the razor graveyard, it easily and consistently gives a damn fine shave. It really puts the safety in safety razor, if you have a big day coming up and need to look your best this will deliver and never bite back. However, it's so effortlessly good I do find myself ruining all that by trying to chase perfection. With the fixed angle and tiny blade exposure you just can't quite get perfection, however tantalisingly close you feel. A great everyday razor that's going back in rotation. I'm still enjoying the sweetness of the Samhain splash too, it reminds me of demerara sugar, and has a stronger scent than the SW Necromantic whilst being less earthy and more warmly pleasant. All in all I quite enjoyed this one.

SOTD 14-Oct

Brush: C&H 'Finned'
Soap: B&M Famine
Razor: WR3 OC 0.50
Blade: GEM PTFE (4)

This one I wasn't too sure about in terms of scent off the sample. It seemed a little too floral for my tastes but in use it's actually quite nice, I get the floral side but that mellows and there's something a little darker there. Plague is still my favourite but tomorrow's test with death will finalise the roundup.

Otherwise a good close shave with no irritation. I wish I'd got my hands on thayers a while ago, been able to substitute this in with the majority of random soaps I have without sacrificing any of the lingering scent from the soap.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Good morning,
My shave today consisted of...
Brush Mountain Best 100% pure badger brush.
Soap Extro The End.
Razors Razorock Hawk V3 A plate and Leaf Razor for my head.
Blade Derby Extra.
Aftershave Brut.
Shaving Bowl Captains Choice Obsidian Copper Bowl.

Todays shave was a big improvement with the Hawk, no cuts at all and very smooth.
The difference I have found well my wife has found anyway lol, is that the regular plate although BBS it leaves a slight shadow and the A plate does not.
I love my bowl it's heavy it's wide and creates a great lather but I dread the day I drop it into my sink and break the sink lol.
I finished with a big splash of Brut and now I am set for an amazing day ahead.
Have a goodun.

The Hawk 'A' plate really does get a closer shave without sacrificing smoothness.
Have you ventured in to the OC plate yet?

SOTD: 14/10/2022

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: KAI Captain Protouch MG, 2nd use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Surprise Sample Croap
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Lycanthropy Aftershave
Additional Care: Random 60's Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Devine

This week is another of the sample soap theme weeks. You know what it's like, we all get soap samples from time to time. I pick a week to use some of them up.

Todays soap is Signature Soaps Hibernia. An absolute delight to lather and really is a step up from the other samples I have been using this week. Had a Mail Drop from Southern Witchcrafts so finished off with some Lycanthropy splash which complimented the soap perfectly.

Thank you for the comment, it’s appreciated. Best Regards Brian

Friday

I was going to just finish off with the Wizamet blade, but then thought, "stop being a tight-arse, trying to get a week out of a single blade".

1950s English flare tip with a super thin blade. Nearly done in 2 passes, but needed a bit more on one side, so half of a pass to finish. Pretty much BBS.

P&B Right Handed Giant is a lovely take on Brut; finished off with the splash.

Happy days!
Have a good 'un.

Attachments

• IMG_20221014_094834__01.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 7
Friday 14th October

Semogue SOC Taj Mistura - TOBS Sandalwood - Yaqi TFC (3,4,4)/Personna Platinum Chrome - Dunhill for Men

The cream is quite old but still gloriously scented. As it now has the consistency of a Proraso soap....that is how it was used. I normally bowl lather with creams.
3 passes for an excellent result

Friday October 14, 2022
Razor: Ti Blackbird
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Sorrentino Orange Crush
Soap: Ethos Shave MD Tribute
AS 1: Alcoholado Eucaliptino 70
AS 2: Ethos Shave MD Tribute
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,438

What an enjoyable shave. So glad to have the Ti Blackbird back in the rotation.............wait a minute ! There is no rotation....I just grab what I want at the moment. Have a great day Folks !!!

14/10/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - OSP Neroli
Razor - Feather WS-D2
Blade - Gillette Nacet
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm
A/S - OSP Neroli

I seem to be reaching for the Alpha brush more than others lately, it is nice to use and fits my mitt perfectly. The OSP Neroli is for me a wonderful scent and always produces a fantastic lather, today was no exception.
The "Mild" WS-D2 really enjoys a sharp blade and was loaded with a Nacet today.
I am consistently hitting the tight shave angle window now with this razor and for me it produces such a comfortable, efficient, long lasting shave from 3 passes.
A really nice post shave routine finishing off a wonderful bit of sink time.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.