SOTD SATURDAY 7th NOV to FRIDAY 13th NOV 2015

SOTD - Wed - Veteran's Day
Soap: BowTie "Cranberry Pomegranate"
Brush: Vie Long Epsilon, 26mm 2-band
Razor: Mongoose Satin w/Jürgen Hempel Ti-thin-wave handle
Blade: Feather Pro (3)
Post: Thayer's witch hazel followed by Acqua di Parma Colonia EdT
I received the Jeeves special edition soap just in time for todays shave. Thanks Bryon for making today's shave special.
Today honors all veterans, past & present, who put on the uniform to defend their country and the freedoms of their citizens.

Pre - Hot shower and flannel
Brush - Semogue 610 (i love this thing)
Soap - Muhle Sandalwood
Razor - Muhle r89 with a Personna Platinum blade
Post - Lucky tiger menthol vanishing cream (the only one i have)

My 5th attempt and this de-shaving just keeps getting better and better. Wasn't too fussed on this particular blade but i was using a different soap (ordered a handful of different samples to try and have a hard time getting a lather with them) so couldn't get a lather i was happy with. Saying that, again it was just effortless, just let the blade glide over your face. Need to look for a post shave balm with witch hazel, menthol and a bay rum scent, if one exists to try a 'splash on' lotion rather than a cream.

r0rpt0.jpg

Wed 11th Nov.
ER E Bar[HFT ] V Gem G Bar
Stirling Synthtic
Vitos Red
Gem G Bar
Gem S/S [ 1 ]
Alum Rub /Myrsol Antesol

After Yesterday on ER ,I used the Gem with same soap etc,at similar time. Had imagined UK version more aggressive, but found out that
they were about the same. I think that perhaps, I took more care/time over the Shaves, both of which were excellent.

P1040078.jpg

Schick Type D Injector...;)
DSC_0134_zpsyxoq68w5.jpg

Three Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
Schick Type D Injector
Dutch made NOS Schick Super Stainless Injector Blade x 2
Semogue Boar Brush
Wars Classic Shaving Cream (added Argan oil)
Organic Aloe Vera Gel
Hattric After Shave Splash (From Germany)

I had another great BBS result with my D Type today...The Dutch blades are just as sharp as Feather Pros but more forgiving...The D Type doesn't shave like any other Schick Injector...Its deceptively aggressive but as smooth as later milder Injectors...I have never used any current blades in the D Type...I always use various Schick NOS blades in it and I reckon I always will....These Dutch blades are the Dogs Danglies....;)

Billy

DE shave:
Synthetic 22mm brush
NSS - Signature - Yushu
Standard Razor
Voskhod #2
Alum Rub
Benjamins Bay Rum
Nivea Original Balm
IMG_20151111_154153778_HDRe.jpg
Just had to justify my DE purchase splurge. And was suitably impressed. Especially with the Razor/Blade combination. DFS.
Nanny's Yushu made me pine for a G&T, but alas, no Tonic.
Hardest thing was getting used to the change in shaving angle.

Back
Top Bottom