SOTD SATURDAY 7th NOV to FRIDAY 13th NOV 2015

What are your thoughts on the Catie's Bubbles and that scent in particular?

I'm a big fan of the Catie's Bubbles range Midnight Dreary is another one of her lineup I like it's suppose to be a take on the Tom Ford scent Black Orchid which I have so it's a scent I like anyway, Le Terre Verte and Fouet L'Orange are another two I would say it's well worth giving a try.

Last edited:
MWF
Custom 24mm WD
PAL Injectomatic
Schick NOS Stainless [4]
Proraso Green AS

Always feel like the NOS blade is extremely sharp, but not very smooth. As such I was expecting lots of AS sting.... But only a little!
If only the blade was a little smoother - I'll try in my Schick adjustable ;)
DFS results..

Gillette Aristocrat #22
Plisson Fiber brush
Tabac Original soap
Thayer's Unscented
Unrefined shea butter

Just got back from a 14 hour day at work. Quick shower and shave, no time nor hunger for dinner so I'm gulping down a bowl of Weetabix. Back to work in 9 hours. I'm definitely not winning at life today! Careers advice in schools should educate youngsters about work-life balance!

Gillette Aristocrat #22
Plisson Fiber brush
Tabac Original soap
Thayer's Unscented
Unrefined shea butter

Just got back from a 14 hour day at work. Quick shower and shave, no time nor hunger for dinner so I'm gulping down a bowl of Weetabix. Back to work in 9 hours. I'm definitely not winning at life today! Careers advice in schools should educate youngsters about work-life balance!

I had a similar day yesterday, up at 5.30 for work at 7.10 (1 hr commute), 8hours none stop, managed to find time to eat 4 rice cakes and a pot of cottage cheese for dinner, home, dinner, straight into dishwasher fixing (success!), glass of wine, bed, started again this morning at the same time!

I had a similar day yesterday, up at 5.30 for work at 7.10 (1 hr commute), 8hours none stop, managed to find time to eat 4 rice cakes and a pot of cottage cheese for dinner, home, dinner, straight into dishwasher fixing (success!), glass of wine, bed, started again this morning at the same time!
The problem is that it's an addiction with a sodding halo! No idea what I'd jump ship to though.

Wasn't feeling at all well this morning so decided to leave the Passaround Fatboy out of the equation and stick to a tried and tested old friend. Normally, if I feel shite I won't shave but I thought a good rasp might refresh me and it did.

Merkur 34c, Lab Blue
Hand-carved Ash Boar
Arko Stick
Old Spice Fresh Lime
RSC Balm

I'm really enjoying the RSC balm. Damn good stuff at £2 for 125ml!

Pre-Shave Hot Shower
Soap Provence Santé Verlaine
Brush La Maison du Barbier Synthetic
Razor PAA Double Open Comb
Blade Derby
Post Shave Hypnôse Homme

Starting to really like this razor, the handle is not so good though, so today I paired it up with the handle from a Merkur 42C its a similar length but with a little more heft.
A very nice combination both operationally and aesthetically.

I couldn't be bothered with all this SotD stuff for quite a while, but lately I was so impressed I feel like I need to share the joy.
Lu-Lu Temple portable Ever-Ready razor w/SE blade from Connaught's
Muehle synthetic 24mm
Soap Opera Himalaya
Pitralon AS
Weleda ASB

Well, Himalaya is an excellent soap, and Pitralon with Weleda are excellent AS solutions, we all know that. What I was really impressed with was the razor. I've tried quite a few razors in the past 5 years, and being a loyal fan of SEs (Bullet-tip in particular) for most of this time, I was still pretty much blown away but this little beast! Well, I guess those masons surely know their business.. It's the most efficient razor I have ever used. Period. It's something like R41 in aggressiveness but waaaay easier to maneuver, and despite of being able to take a chunk out of you if not handled carefully, it's nowhere near the level of dodginess of the former. I actually got a 2 pass near-BBS with no cuts or irritation several times in a row. It's unbelievably good.
Bullet-tip would still probably win in a safety contest, but this thing cannot be beat if you know how to handle sharp things.

Thurs 12 Nov.

Omega 11137
Lea Classic Soap
ER 1914
Gem S/S [ 2]
La Toja A/S.

Staggered by this Shave. So easy, comfortable and very close. Dispensed with Alum rub,
not needed. Have to try a 1924, to see how that goes in comparison. Still face stroking !

P1050079.jpg

Puma 1938 5/8ths
Doug Korn PT2XT 28mm
Catie's Bubbles Glace Herbe
12nov_zpsmcnsczd6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom