SOTD SATURDAY 7th NOV to FRIDAY 13th NOV 2015

Fri 13th Nov.
Omega 11137
Lea Classic Soap
ER 1924 & S/S Handle
Gem S/S [ 2 ]
La Toja A/S.

Not Unlucky Had another superb shave,must have hit good vein of form. Used same goodies as with 1914. The shave was equally
as good with both razors, maybe the 1914 a bit milder.

Conclusion reached is that I like both razors a lot ,and each of them has their own shaving characteristics. The 1924 is bit more "walk on the wild side", that means its fun to use.

P1060079.jpg

Last go with the Tubster before I send him onto the next in line:

Fatboy n' Feather
Hand-carved Beech 2-band Finest
LEA Shaving Cream
Aqua Velva
RSC Balm

Used the Fatboy on 4,4 & 3 and it was the worst of the shaves I've had with it so far. I put this largely down to the Feather blade which I know I don't get on with but as this is a much discussed combination, I thought I'd have a go. Not nearly as close as I'd like and sore with a weeper under my chin however, the near-magical properties of Real Shaving Co.'s excellent post shave balm seem to have pacified the worst of the damage.

All-in-all, I liked the Fatboy but would need more time to get things down, so to speak. Would I buy one? Not sure as they don't come cheap and I'm not convinced it would be able to do any better a job than the razors I have. I am extremely grateful to Martin for the chance to try out this fabled and iconic razor. Maybe, just maybe.....

IMG_2148_Fotor.jpg

Bulldog Face Wash
Tabac Shaving Soap & Purtech in Amphora Handle
GEM 1912 'Supreme' Traveller (Brass) w/Red Horseman Swing Handle & GEM Stainless (4)
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Witch Hazel Toner
Tabac Aftershave
K2 (Attar) & Al Rehab Superman (Spray)

Face Lathered
One Pass - WTG

IMG_2148_Fotor.jpg

Bulldog Face Wash
Tabac Shaving Soap & Purtech in Amphora Handle
GEM 1912 'Supreme' Traveller (Brass) w/Red Horseman Swing Handle & GEM Stainless (4)
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Witch Hazel Toner
Tabac Aftershave
K2 (Attar) & Al Rehab Superman (Spray)
Face Lathered
One Pass - WTG

Love that handle, yon Horseman has outdone himself there I reckon! Stunning design too.

Personna Executive Injector..:)
DSC_0175_zpsawukqev3.jpg

Three Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
Personna Executive Injector
Dutch made NOS Schick Krona Injector Blade x 3
Semogue Boar Brush
Erasmic Shaving Cream (added Argan oil)
Organic Aloe Vera Gel
Logana Mann After Shave Balm (From Germany)

I used my Personna Executive with a Dutch made Schick Krona blade this evening...I gave myself a cut with it high up on my cheekbone...Its been a long time since I cut myself...Never even felt it...I went to my work one morning with a cut in the same place a few years ago working for Children & Family Social Services...My boss said...Billy.."You need to stop fighting Sir"...You are supposed to be a Role Model for the Kids...The best of it was he was laughing and he didn't believe that I had cut myself shaving...He just knew that I wasn't slow with my hands at times. ..The Executive is a very subtle injector like the PAL Adjustable and is also blade sensitive...I usually use a Dutch made NOS Schick Platinum blade...The Krona blades are nice blades but they don't fit the Executive as well as some other injectors...Lovely BBS result nevertheless.... Good Karma...:p

Billy

Prep - Shower / Woods Of Windsor Cedar Woods soap / Pre-lather / 3 min steam
Razor - Gillette Rocket HD
Blade - Treet Platinum Super Stainless (#2) and out)
Brush - Omega 20106
Soap - Arko
After - Frozen towel / Alum & WH Mix
Result - BBS

Definitely a better result in a more aggressive razor. That said, the second shave's been enough to take the decision to bin it.
In my second, more extensive blade trial, I believe I'm now starting to scrape the bottom of the blade barrel with regard to quality.
The Shark and now the Treet, have left me with blotches that I haven't seen since I left the cartridges behind, nearly two years ago.
I'll keep going with the trial, but on the proviso that if the cheaper blades don't improve, I'll finish it earlier than expected.

Prep - Shower / Woods Of Windsor Cedar Woods soap / Pre-lather / 3 min steam
Razor - Gillette Rocket HD
Blade - Treet Platinum Super Stainless (#2) and out)
Brush - Omega 20106
Soap - Arko
After - Frozen towel / Alum & WH Mix
Result - BBS

Definitely a better result in a more aggressive razor. That said, the second shave's been enough to take the decision to bin it.
In my second, more extensive blade trial, I believe I'm now starting to scrape the bottom of the blade barrel with regard to quality.
The Shark and now the Treet, have left me with blotches that I haven't seen since I left the cartridges behind, nearly two years ago.
I'll keep going with the trial, but on the proviso that if the cheaper blades don't improve, I'll finish it earlier than expected.

Back
Top Bottom