SOTD SATURDAY 7th NOV to FRIDAY 13th NOV 2015

Fills me with joy to read that you're enjoying it, mate. So glad it went to a proper good home!

Today's rasp:

Fatboy (Passaround)
Lab Blue
Hand-carved Beech 2-band Finest
Ingram
Aqua Velva
RSC Balm

Used El Tubby on 6,4,4 and got better results than last go round despite being in a bit of rush. Seem to be getting the angle a bit better and the #4 setting seems to suit my XTG and ATG passes nicely. Had a couple of days growth so cranked it to 6 for the WTG pass. I'm trying to resist the Monkey that is slowly but surely growing into reality. Martin, yer a richt bugger, so ye are! :D

Supposed to be reducing my razor collection, not adding to it. Gone and bought a Minora LC too....:rolleyes:

7355a77201f02ac5a55fe7219f05d6c9.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1964 rebranded Macys silvertip flopmeister fine with creams
'Kaily'/Personna Super Stainless (NOS from no idea when)
XPEC SC
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
no EdT for some reason

Loaded this nice old Personna blade, expecting a real good shave and it delivered no problem. Used these before and this 5 pack was a previous throw in, along with another one. Plus, a couple of two sealed Gillette Super Stainless blades dispensers with instructions. My kind of deal.

Last two days I have been reveling in this goofy shaving cream. Used the flopmeister since it's a large knot and still whips up a mean lather with the larger amount than usual XPEC I have been feeding it. Turned out being a nice recent addition to the arsenal and I may do just a little more celebrating.

BBS results,

Martin

Gillette GII handle
Wilkinson Sword adjustable cartridge on medium, high and low
Semogue 1305
Faena Mastic shaving soap
Mury Blues No. 5 eau de toilette

Really like the weight and balance of the handle. Unusually it doesnt have a standard gillette date code (says HH 12). The WS cartridge is good ; quite sharp and smooth but not exceptional in either respect. Does seem to give minimal irritation despite my mixture of light and heavy touch and messing around with the blade exposure. I guess it's supposed to be easy to get a decent result quickly.

Tapping the head underwater can result in the cartridge sliding out of position a bit!

LPL Rose de Pushker
Plisson
Drew Dick custom 8/8
Original Astral cream

I think I've found my soap, it has to be LPL, this scent is wonderful and the performance is just sublime and long lasting.

IMG_20151110_080021_1.jpg

Tue 10th Nov.
Stirling Synthetic
Vitos Red
Ever Ready HFT [ E Bar? ] UK version of G Bar
Gem S/S [ 1 ]
Alum Rub/ Myrsol Antesol A/S

A nice comfortable shave, with a close finish. Suspect it is a bit more aggressive than its American cousin. Will try a Gem with a fresh blade tomorrow. Getting side tracked from my original intention of using a 1914 , on second use of the blade.

Would not want to load this Brush fully , would provide enough Lather for a Football Team.

P1030078.jpg

Back
Top Bottom