SOTD : Saturday 6 August - Friday 12 August 2022.

Glad to hear Lee that your Hone SS problem is now sorted.

Head shave:

Leaf Twig
1/2 Nacet (1)
Baxters of California
witch hazel
Avon moisturiser.

Thought I'd shave my head as something I did yesterday really upset my face. It needs a day or two to calm down. I suspect that I was just clumsy as I'm not used to using a heavy brass razor. Which I suppose is the inverse of people picking up an aluminium razor and using too much pressure due to unfamiliarity. I've yet to find a better razor than the Twig for shaving my head - forgiving of my scar tissue, intuitive cutting angle even when you can't see the razor and, I suspect most importantly, it is virtually impossible to clog. A freshly shaved head is a truly great feeling. This morning I got a message from my mate who has just moved to Singapore and for the first time went 'the full Yul,' as he put it. He's not dealing with the humidity well. The main difference? His was done by an awesome Malay girl with a straight razor, a head and neck massage thrown in. One can dream. saludos a todos - I.

After only a couple of shaves with the ER I'm still on a learning curve but I'm hoping the GEM blades contribute quite considerably to improving the quality of my shaves with it as well.

Afternoon all,

Pre, Hot water and flannel
Brush, Boti Blue
Razor, Gillette Fatboy (setting 7 for a 3 grain pass)
Blade, Personna (USA, 2nd use)
Soap, Zingari Man (The Socialite)
Post, Zingari Man (The Socialite)
Music, Max Richter, Black Mirror Soundtack

The soap lathers well and goes on easily, no issues there. It provided a great surface to work on. The scent and feel may not be to everyones taste, very cold / tingly / lime / mentholesque. Put it this way, your face will know its experienced this for some time!

A very nice 3 grain pass, zero irritation / weepers / nicks / cuts etc. As per a lot of my shaves. Which is fine by me. As i say, i'd maybe not use this soap / splash in the winter months. But ideal for the summer if you want to feel fresh / clean / chilled, literally. I'm still enjoying the Fatboy, will dial up again tomorrow. And also try the Personna for its 3rd and final use.

Best,

Ben

A Fuss Free Shave: No prep.
Cold Water & Palmolive Soap straight to face.
Lathered without using a brush; one application of soap, then leavings.
Gillette K4 Slim Razor #5, London Bridge Blade #1.
Head, then face shaved; head 2 passes WTG.
Face 3 passes: with, across & against the grain.
Cold Rinse & then Ben Hope balm.
A nice, refreshing, clean shave.
Job done.
TTFN.

Last edited:
Nope…you are not alone I have the exact same soap…curtesy of your SOTD posts. I like it a lot and a nice wooden bowl and lid to boot.

I'll have to give the Palmolive naturals soap a try.

And the theme? 'Gooseamelendous and other made up words'

Razormylicious - Stainless Mongoose
Bladeinium - Feather Super Professional
Brushlumptioned - Groom Room Hive-2
Latherendering - ADP Collezione
Scentalating - Chanel pour Monsieur

https://giphy.com/l1J3yTSRRkD4rrGlG
Do not adjust your shave
Do not adjust your shave
Do not adjust your shave

Why would I want to? Brilliance delivered in a brilliant manner with brilliant results.

And some more Ms Machine to end on