SOTD : Saturday 6 August - Friday 12 August 2022.

The British Rocket is fantastic, innit? Lovely!

How do you like the Cussons kit?
Yeah i love the Rocket i really do.
Again i don’t use it enough infact i don’t actually use anything enough,
I might just give myself a clear out & just use the best of what i have. saying that i’m unsure if my ocd will allow me to part with anything lol.
The cussons was a very pleasant surprise,
when i first opened it i thought what’s going on here, there was a bit of a pong but seconds later it disappeared & actually a lovely light citrus type scent.
I must try get more

Se6Xct7.png

Tuesday 08.09.22
Pre: Hot washcloth & bloom water
Razor: Blackland Vector Polished Stainless Steei
Blade: Schick Proline
Brush: Elite Razor Ivory over Pastel Swirl 24mm Boar
Soap: ‌Signature Soaps Leodis Hybrid Shaving Soap

SOTD : 9th August 2022.

7.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Lider Turkish Boar.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl
Lather : Arko Hydrate Shaving cream.
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE SS. (D6)
Razor: Ever-Ready 1912. (US)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Duru Turkish mandarin Cologne/Cien Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning Shave.

Everything in my shave this morning paired together wonderfully.

SE razors truly are fantastic shaving tools....If i had known how wonderful smooth, & efficient SE razors where ,especially Injector razors when i first ventured into the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving i probably wouldn't have bought a DE razor as they provide and give everything i require for a close comfortable shave. , fitted with the Gem PTFE blades...My thanks again go to Pat @Pat-W for introducing me to them.

Another wonderful 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Tue 9 SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Haze Mew Brown
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P
Blade Shark Platinum 5th
Aftershave B&M Le Grand Chypre Splash
An absolutely beautiful scent from the soap and enhanced by the matching splash. The lather was richly creamy and slick too!!
This shave with the blade paired with the razor was good but there's a bite to it. Among the sharks & jaws, this is the only one that bites. 3passes for a dfs result with 2 micro red spots. Ok...enough for the blade...will be ditched...
20220809_125220.jpg

SOTD 09-Aug
20220809_073724.jpg
Brush: Alpha UKWSS G5D
Soap: B&M The Full Measure of Man
Razor: CB Karve (E)
Blade: GSB (3)

Decent shave but I think this soap scent may be a grower rather than love at first sniff. There's something nice about it once it's calmed down a little bit the initial sniff when loading and lathering was a little off putting.

Still the Omnibus base perform well, what I don't get is the variance I've seen in a couple of these new soaps. Some are solid enough to load from the tub others you need to scoop. Now I can only imagine that's due to the additional content in the soap itself for scent, or perhaps it hasn't sat long enough to dry out, but it wasn't expected. Won't stop me using them mind.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

09/08/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - Ariana & Evans Asian Plum
Razor - Parker Adjustable Injector
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Pashana
Wk 32 (4).JPG
A nice shave this morning with the Mild Parker Injector set to #4.
2 easy passes with some touch up for a close, comfortable finish.
My back is a lot better today, maybe its just an age thing, off to the pool soon to give it a stretch.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Tuesday 9th August

Zenith Boar - Signature Soaps Capra - Tedalus Essence/Feather Professional - Lustray Spice AS

The maiden outing for the Essence...and very nice it was! Balance and ergonomics were spot on. The blade had already had a couple of shaves so was broken in nicely. I know I am goiing to have a lot of very nice shaves with this one!

2 passes and a touchup for an easily achieved 'Face Feeler' :)

Last edited:
9 August

PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
Blackland Signature
Blackland Blackbird
Gillette Silver Blue
Clubman Pinaud VIBR

1F832F2D-3228-4439-B86B-013426A1D9FC.jpeg
I don’t think that I’ve tried a GSB in this razor before. The first pass felt a bit rough but by the second it smoothed out a bit. The lather was superb, as was the post, but the shave was less than I had expected, not as close as this razor is capable. I’ll be swapping this blade to a Fatboy tomorrow.

Schick Type "O" BATTLE Original Versus Clone
Tuesday August 9, 2022
Razor: Schick Type "O" Original/Clone
Blade: Supply Black ?/Schick
Brush: Unbrand Burma Shave Boar
Soap: Tabac
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: CHH Tobacco
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,372

A4010C3E-B41A-4D10-A964-D718695349C1.jpeg
SOTD: 09/08/2022

Razor: Hone 15s
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: AP Shave Co. Lemon Drop G5A
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: A&E Vida Puck
Aftershave: A&E Vida Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

It’s taken a while but a new Hone 15s has arrived, with a polished head and is a completely new experience compared to my original. It is smoother and has absolutely no drag. Yes the finish is slightly different to the rest of the razor but it’s pretty much the razor I hoped I’d have. Not quite as light as it could be, and it seems heavier than my original long handle brass version but I think it’s because the balance is slightly different with the shorter handle, regardless I love the mild shave and feel it gives! I still love it’s unique look and now finally love the shave it gives as well!

Back
Top Bottom