SOTD : Saturday 6 August - Friday 12 August 2022.

View attachment 91750
SOTD: 09/08/2022

Razor: Hone 15s
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: AP Shave Co. Lemon Drop G5A
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: A&E Vida Puck
Aftershave: A&E Vida Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

It’s taken a while but a new Hone 15s has arrived, with a polished head and is a completely new experience compared to my original. It is smoother and has absolutely no drag. Yes the finish is slightly different to the rest of the razor but it’s pretty much the razor I hoped I’d have. Not quite as light as it could be, and it seems heavier than my original long handle brass version but I think it’s because the balance is slightly different with the shorter handle, regardless I love the mild shave and feel it gives! I still love it’s unique look and now finally love the shave it gives as well!
Glad to hear Lee that your Hone SS problem is now sorted.

Sotd-09-08-22.png

Head shave:

Leaf Twig
1/2 Nacet (1)
Baxters of California
witch hazel
Avon moisturiser.

Thought I'd shave my head as something I did yesterday really upset my face. It needs a day or two to calm down. I suspect that I was just clumsy as I'm not used to using a heavy brass razor. Which I suppose is the inverse of people picking up an aluminium razor and using too much pressure due to unfamiliarity. I've yet to find a better razor than the Twig for shaving my head - forgiving of my scar tissue, intuitive cutting angle even when you can't see the razor and, I suspect most importantly, it is virtually impossible to clog. A freshly shaved head is a truly great feeling. This morning I got a message from my mate who has just moved to Singapore and for the first time went 'the full Yul,' as he put it. He's not dealing with the humidity well. The main difference? His was done by an awesome Malay girl with a straight razor, a head and neck massage thrown in. One can dream. :) saludos a todos - I.

SOTD : 9th August 2022.

View attachment 91739

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Lider Turkish Boar.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl
Lather : Arko Hydrate Shaving cream.
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE SS. (D6)
Razor: Ever-Ready 1912. (US)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Duru Turkish mandarin Cologne/Cien Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning Shave.

Everything in my shave this morning paired together wonderfully.

SE razors truly are fantastic shaving tools....If i had known how wonderful smooth, & efficient SE razors where ,especially Injector razors when i first ventured into the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving i probably wouldn't have bought a DE razor as they provide and give everything i require for a close comfortable shave. , fitted with the Gem PTFE blades...My thanks again go to Pat @Pat-W for introducing me to them.

Another wonderful 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

After only a couple of shaves with the ER I'm still on a learning curve but I'm hoping the GEM blades contribute quite considerably to improving the quality of my shaves with it as well.

Afternoon all,

Pre, Hot water and flannel
Brush, Boti Blue
Razor, Gillette Fatboy (setting 7 for a 3 grain pass)
Blade, Personna (USA, 2nd use)
Soap, Zingari Man (The Socialite)
Post, Zingari Man (The Socialite)
Music, Max Richter, Black Mirror Soundtack

The soap lathers well and goes on easily, no issues there. It provided a great surface to work on. The scent and feel may not be to everyones taste, very cold / tingly / lime / mentholesque. Put it this way, your face will know its experienced this for some time!

A very nice 3 grain pass, zero irritation / weepers / nicks / cuts etc. As per a lot of my shaves. Which is fine by me. As i say, i'd maybe not use this soap / splash in the winter months. But ideal for the summer if you want to feel fresh / clean / chilled, literally. I'm still enjoying the Fatboy, will dial up again tomorrow. And also try the Personna for its 3rd and final use.

Best,

Ben

A Fuss Free Shave: No prep.
Cold Water & Palmolive Soap straight to face.
Lathered without using a brush; one application of soap, then leavings.
Gillette K4 Slim Razor #5, London Bridge Blade #1.
Head, then face shaved; head 2 passes WTG.
Face 3 passes: with, across & against the grain.
Cold Rinse & then Ben Hope balm.
A nice, refreshing, clean shave.
Job done.
TTFN.
IMG_20220809_163507_kindlephoto-4132056.jpg

Last edited:
Tuesday AM 2022-08-09
Walt Disney's film 'Bambi' premiered on this date in 1942
VcYNUGo.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Faux Ivory Finest (22/50)
Cella Crema da Barba shaving soap
Wolfman WR2-SB/Darwin Copper
Personna 74 Tungsten (11)
Versace Eros aftershave
1V2Uif3.jpg

Da da. My shave with the theme, 'Hive-2 take 2'

View attachment 91730

Take 1 - Occams Enoch
Take 2 - Feather Super Professional
Take 3 - Groom Room Hive-2
Take me I'm yours - The Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime

'I thought you said give him a clap, not he had the clap'

'Oh. Eleanor can give him that as well'

Come on ye Bath House users. Get your Soaps out and show us your face creaming. Am I the only one who uses this superb soap? A second outing for the new brush and great results all the way. It is well proving itself a worthy place in the (and soon to be reorganised) shaving cabinet. Hurrah, Hurrah for team lather.

The Enoch because I am rather liking it of recent. The blade final saw the blade bin, but it must have seen the best part of 15 shaves. In goes a Schick Proline for its next day out by the sink. Hurrah, Hurrah for Enochs.

A couple of days demolished in a super quick time and smooth all the way, despite the blade showing signs of reaching its shaving life.

Happily shaved and happy bunnies all the way.

And from happy to a bunch of girls who don't look or sound too happy. Ms Machine

Nope…you are not alone I have the exact same soap…curtesy of your SOTD posts. I like it a lot and a nice wooden bowl and lid to boot.

A Fuss Free Shave: No prep.
Cold Water & Palmolive Soap straight to face.
Lathered without using a brush; one application of soap, then leavings.
Gillette K4 Slim Razor #5, London Bridge Blade #1.
Head, then face shaved; head 2 passes WTG.
Face 3 passes: with, across & against the grain.
Cold Rinse & then Ben Hope balm.
A nice, refreshing, clean shave.
Job done.
TTFN.
View attachment 91770
I'll have to give the Palmolive naturals soap a try.

And the theme? 'Gooseamelendous and other made up words'

20220809_143930.jpg

Razormylicious - Stainless Mongoose
Bladeinium - Feather Super Professional
Brushlumptioned - Groom Room Hive-2
Latherendering - ADP Collezione
Scentalating - Chanel pour Monsieur

Do not adjust your shave
Do not adjust your shave
Do not adjust your shave

Why would I want to? Brilliance delivered in a brilliant manner with brilliant results.

And some more Ms Machine to end on

Back
Top Bottom