SOTD : Saturday 6 August - Friday 12 August 2022.

You can still get the wooden bowl from Facelocker, I was not aware that it is now in tins.

Seems that way after looking at their new scents of which the carrot of temptation dangles itself in front of my nose and wallet.

I do see the old scents still available in wooden bowls but on their website it is all aluminium tins.

Still, I might just take the carrot of financial ruin

Tuesday 9th August

AL9nZEXj-8ENTa2u6GJzp60bKi11qVIzcsh2oPjXy2wBmonke0ZalJYQXqsiFWVHAAQVBdhiHWkJQjbRVCCGtKivwRYLr20lS5nmV06a6NgHofA6pG0nvmCrLOYoKQ-76IDz4dTLSf4RQeErmsjqahsK028ssA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Williams Mug Shaving Soap
Yaqi Cola w/Synthetic Fibre 22mm
Star Lather Catcher & GEM by Personna (7)
Rose of Bulgaria Aftershave

Onwards with the week of Williams ...

I got a better lather today with a longer loading. Happier.

SOTD 10-Aug
20220809_155753.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: Old Spice
Razor: Blackland Tradere
Blade: GSB (1)

Decent shave with the weighty tradere, quick and easy 2 pass. A little dry on the lather this time around, clearly didn't throw enough water in, but that's my own fault for being in a little bit of a rush this morning.

Either which way smelling good and ready for the day!

Hope everyone has a good one!

Cheers

Marc

B48E8210-38D4-4796-9971-C3FC12E762DD.jpegSOTD: 10/08/2022

Razor: Hone 15s
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Shannon’s Soaps Mars Puck
Aftershave: Shannon’s Soaps Mars Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Another lovely shave from my new and improved Hone 15s… until my new found over confidence in using the razor, it’s design, (I’ve owned all but the titanium) and it’s smooth/slick too cap, paired with the best lather I’ve made in weeks, bred a stupid level of over confidence while going ATG under my nose. I drove the blade nicely into the underside of my right nostril, taking a nice chunk out and causing blood to flow! Completely self inflicted and a good note to myself to concentrate even when I think I know a razor inside and out! The new head makes all the difference and if anything has a smoother top cap than the original so makes the shave even more effortless than it already was. One of the key reason my Hones are such a favourite of mine is how I never get less than a DFS but often better even if in a rush, but also because they never ever irritates my skin. Just a minimal amount of blade feel, enough to know it’s there but gentle enough that it never bothers my skin.
Almost a perfect shave despite my carelessness!

Wed 10 SOTD
Soap OSP Bayrum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Arctic Sky Deep Blue
Razor RazoRock G37 Slant
Blade Iridium Super 1st
Aftershave Aqua Velva Ice Blue
This is a very nice soap. The lather qualities are amazing...so silky soft & smooth! The bayrum scent is very noticeable but not overpowering. The combination of a good razor and blade provided a nice smooth and efficient shave. 1 micro red spot and a bbs finish. Hmmm...
20220810_132532.jpg

10/08/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Zenith 506 Copper 28mm
Soap - Ariana & Evans Pamplemousse
Razor - Karve Copper C
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
A/S - Body Shop Arber EDT
Wk 32 (5).JPG
I do like the shave the Karve range give, although i am not 100% sure i like the look of the Wide top cap, the shave with the Copper offers nothing i do not get from my Stainless version, therefore, i have a decision to make.
I am clean, fresh and comfortable ready for the day ahead.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

20220810_100233.jpg

Yeah I know, I've gone HWF crazy all of a sudden. Having put it away and then been reminded of it recently I remembered how much I like it, especially the #3 scent. Today I used more water than normal, just one flick of the Yaqi Moka Express synth and lathered in the ramekin I had put the soap in. This soap takes a lot of water and today's shave was super. I think it's worth seeing how much water you can get away with, or as my friend has printed on his motorbike number plate "the wetter the better"!

Second outing for the Personna Platinum. I can't decide what I think of this blade yet after only 2 uses, but I had a great result. Could be that run 2 was smoother because it wasn't new, or it might have been the wetter lather. I turned the Slim up from 3 to 4 after the first pass and got a better result than yesterday. Tabac AS and bio oil has left me 'dolphin smooth and refreshed' as Fergiebilly used to say.

10 August

PAA Future Fiction
Simpson M7 Manchurian
Gillette Adjustable E1
Gillette Silver Blue
Bart’s Balm Ben Kilbreck

8DDC0EF3-6BA4-4F42-915E-3717BE2F15C5.jpeg
The GSB from yesterday’s shave was certainly smoother in the Fatboy this morning, but, the PAA lather was super slick too. Overall, I think the shave was a little closer today, but not by much. A reasonably close and comfortable shave today.

Wed 10th August

Alpha Classic G4 Syn 28mm
Ach Brito Mogno
ER “ Streamline “
Gem S/S ( 1 )
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

After an AC/SE rotation used the “ Streamline “ my favourite Vintage SE ( Gem Type). Two days growth removed without mishap, and a finish that equals the best that I get with any type of SE Razor.

BEA0CF13-3B4D-4923-813E-6728092BD11C.jpeg

Wednesday August 10, 2022
Razor: The New Gem Lather Catcher
Blade: Gem SS
Brush: Ethan LE #006 Aluminum/Tuxedo
Soap: Vintage Williams
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Aqua Velva
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,373

Man I love the smooth shaves this lather catcher delivers and it's a cool and unique blade holder as well which lead to the Gem Junior Bar mechanism. Have a great day !
IMG_20220810_055743006.jpgIMG_20220810_055809319.jpg

Back
Top Bottom