SOTD : Saturday 6 August - Friday 12 August 2022.

k5q5Pru.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: E&S Rasage Traditionnel Equinoxe (tallow)
Razor: Rex Ambassador (2.5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (7)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Los Jabones de Joserra Black Rose Aftershave Balm
Scent: Floris No 89 EDT

Superb shave. Very impressive soap and balm, and it is no faint praise to say that their scents were complementary to that of the Eau de Toilette.

Evening all.

Pre, Hot water and flannel
Brush, Boti Blue
Razor, Gillette Fatboy (setting 6 for a 3 grain pass)
Blade, Personna (USA, 1st use and the very first time i've tried these blades)
Soap, PAA Terra Preta
Post, PAA Terra Pret
Music, Ellie Goulding

Back to the Fatboy!

The soap lathered up incredibly and was very thick on application. It provided a great surface to work on and i really like the scent, earthy / clay / clean. Definitely one of my most favourite soaps and splashes to date.

A very nice 3 grain pass, zero irritation / weepers / nicks / cuts etc. I'd say this setting works better for me than the previous one on 5. I'll try 7 next and see how i get on with that. But based on today's shave if i was in the market for a Fatboy then i'd be seriously considering one. But will see how i get on as i dial it up. It's always useful to know with an adjustable where you can go and where you can't or probably shouldn't.

Best,

Ben

Must be losing my marbles!

I thought I'd posted before I set of on my 3.5 hour drive that took nearly 5. Today, I thought I'd posted whilst having a leisurely breakfast before going to work. Turns out I'd done neither!

I still have my birth year Slim with a Perma sharp blade loaded, thought I'd bring it on my travels.

Yesterday, I went for T&H Sandalwood cream as I'd bought the Boots' own aftershave for £2 with Mrs D's discount, seeing as she was getting some stuff and using 'points' for 30 % discount ! Turns out it's not as nice on as it smells, but for £2 it doesn't smell like shite and is passable.

I decided I'd smell of Summer whilst on my travels and wanted one of my current favourite soaps for a few days so I chose Signature Leodis.

I thought about a full size brush, but this travel one dries out quickly so I stayed with it!

Today's shave I thought I'd see if I can cut down the passes by doing an 8 to start with, so 8 and 6 for my 2 passes this morning. I possibly still prefer 6,6,&6!

Hope everyone has a great week, as this is my set up for much of it!

Attachments

• IMG_20220808_080811__01.jpg
    IMG_20220808_080811__01.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20220807_114208.jpg
    IMG_20220807_114208.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 8
Razor = 1958 Gillette Rocket ( British )
Blade = Vintage Wilkinson Sword ( 2 )
Brush = Vintage Rubberset 75 with 18mm Boti Best Badger
Cream = Vintage Cussons Graphite with matching aftershave
Balm = Nivea Rehydrating Moisturiser
5B7A68AA-A6D0-4140-98DE-928AD770270D.pngWell another cracker for me today.
i wasn’t going to shave but having a little tidy up & thought why not.
The cream had a weird sort of citrus, incontinent sort of scent to it, then i realised i’m 56 maybe the pissy smell is coming from me :ROFLMAO:.
Once on the face the proper scent was coming through, i wasn’t actually sure if i would get any scent from it but it was sealed before i opened it & it lathered up very well.
The brush i love, these little finds, restoring something that would otherwise end up in the bin fills me with joy.
What can be said about the British Rocket
i keep saying it but one of the most underrated vintage,
Everyone wants a fat boy or a slim but for me this beats them hands down.
Overall a lovely refreshing 3 pass shave
Onwards & Upwards Boys & Girls and as always
Stay Safe

SOTD 08-Aug
20220808_120120.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Mammoth'
Soap: Fine Platinum
Razor: CG Level 3
Blade: GSB (2)

Decent shave this morning, though I still enjoy the new CG I'm curious about the gen 1 and 2, might keep my eye open and see whether it's worth the effort, probably isn't but once I get the bug it's difficult to change path. Fingers crossed I get distracted by some other shiny object.

Really like the platinum scent, keep meaning to pick up the AS as well though that's probably more out of habit than need, the balm is actually light enough to be able to pull it off in this slightly warmer weather.

Hope everyone has had a good one!

Cheers

Marc

08/08/2022

Razor: Alpha Claymore Evo
Blade: Schick Proline (3)
Brush: Alpha Outlaw G5C
Soap: Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime

20220808_192942.jpg

I'm not impressed with the AP Shave G5C knot. Feels like a generic stiff and spring synthetic. Can't see this ferrule getting much use.

The Evo and Timeless Ti Crown handle combo works very well. Thanks for the tip Mike @mpf9ret . Good grip and comfortable to hold. The Proline is also performing well.

Da da. My shave with the theme, 'Hive-2 take 2'

20220808_182044.jpg

Take 1 - Occams Enoch
Take 2 - Feather Super Professional
Take 3 - Groom Room Hive-2
Take me I'm yours - The Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime

'I thought you said give him a clap, not he had the clap'

'Oh. Eleanor can give him that as well'

Come on ye Bath House users. Get your Soaps out and show us your face creaming. Am I the only one who uses this superb soap? A second outing for the new brush and great results all the way. It is well proving itself a worthy place in the (and soon to be reorganised) shaving cabinet. Hurrah, Hurrah for team lather.

The Enoch because I am rather liking it of recent. The blade final saw the blade bin, but it must have seen the best part of 15 shaves. In goes a Schick Proline for its next day out by the sink. Hurrah, Hurrah for Enochs.

A couple of days demolished in a super quick time and smooth all the way, despite the blade showing signs of reaching its shaving life.

Happily shaved and happy bunnies all the way.

And from happy to a bunch of girls who don't look or sound too happy. Ms Machine

Monday 8th August

AL9nZEXj-8ENTa2u6GJzp60bKi11qVIzcsh2oPjXy2wBmonke0ZalJYQXqsiFWVHAAQVBdhiHWkJQjbRVCCGtKivwRYLr20lS5nmV06a6NgHofA6pG0nvmCrLOYoKQ-76IDz4dTLSf4RQeErmsjqahsK028ssA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Williams Mug Shaving Soap
Yaqi Cola w/Synthetic Fibre 22mm
Star Lather Catcher & GEM by Personna (6)
Pashana Original Aftershave

My setup for the week ...

I've had Williams mug soap before and likely dismissed it too readily. Part of my wellbeing at the moment is revisiting prior assumptions and that's in the big things and the little things. I gather Williams is not discontinued and so happy to have gained a puck. Lathered up with the Yaqi synth, it's fine. It's a good lather. Not especially thick on my first go but I'll dial it in. Maybe the soap will wake up a little with use. Creamy, nevertheless.

So, what to scrape off that "famous lather" with? What better than a lather catcher?

I've had this Star razor in the loft for some time. For some reason it's never made it into my display and I'm really not sure why, as it really is a nice razor. From what I have come to understand, it's from the 1920s. That's quite late for a lather catcher of this style, especially one with the Gem Junior Bar style retaining bar and clip. Perhaps it was a post-1919 thing (the launch proper of the 1912 have been redesignated from the Damaskeene) where ASR were paddling out surplus stock. Who knows? Anyway ... 1920s.

When I use a lather catcher, I like to collect all the lather from the pass in one without rinsing. It's a little bit of fun. My lather is usually thick rather than foamy and the lather I got with the WIlliams was I suppose thick, certainly not foamy ... just not as yogurt thick as I usually build. It'll happen, I'm sure as I use the soap more.

I got my benchmark single pass shave, which is how I like it with this single edge format. Splash of Pash to finish and I'm feeling very happy.

Enjoy your evening, folks!

Razor = 1958 Gillette Rocket ( British )
Blade = Vintage Wilkinson Sword ( 2 )
Brush = Vintage Rubberset 75 with 18mm Boti Best Badger
Cream = Vintage Cussons Graphite with matching aftershave
Balm = Nivea Rehydrating Moisturiser
View attachment 91724Well another cracker for me today.
i wasn’t going to shave but having a little tidy up & thought why not.
The cream had a weird sort of citrus, incontinent sort of scent to it, then i realised i’m 56 maybe the pissy smell is coming from me :ROFLMAO:.
Once on the face the proper scent was coming through, i wasn’t actually sure if i would get any scent from it but it was sealed before i opened it & it lathered up very well.
The brush i love, these little finds, restoring something that would otherwise end up in the bin fills me with joy.
What can be said about the British Rocket
i keep saying it but one of the most underrated vintage,
Everyone wants a fat boy or a slim but for me this beats them hands down.
Overall a lovely refreshing 3 pass shave
Onwards & Upwards Boys & Girls and as always
Stay Safe

The British Rocket is fantastic, innit? Lovely!

How do you like the Cussons kit?

:( I was hoping you would say it's crap.

Does it at least drag? Tell me it drags.

No drag that I noticed but I’ve only used once. Tried it at 2/3/4 levels and I could notice a change inefficiency but same smoothness. Only place I didn’t get to standards was under the nose, I’m looking forward to using again.

You could've lied.....
I had the same experience as @jphelan81 Konsul was much better than the Ambassador for me as well and nope.......no drag. Sorry @Boycie83

Back
Top Bottom