SOTD : Saturday 6 August - Friday 12 August 2022.

Wed 10 2nd SOTD due to Long Travel to the Great Southern Land
Soap
RazoRock XXX
Brush Yaqi 24mm Red Marble
Razor Gillette Red Tip A3
Blade American Shave Platinum 2nd
Aftershave RazoRock XXX Splash
Rare 2nd shave on the same day due to traveling...a long one...
Soap lather and scent are perfect including the matching splash...lovely! Razor paired with the blade+shim gives a nice mild and quite an efficient shave—3passes for an almost bbs finish...
20220812_013358.jpg
Thu 11 SOTD after 30 hours of traveling...still have another 4 hours to go. Just a disposable travel shave set... 1st-time use ever since started with DE back in 2019...
20220812_014842.jpg

Last edited:
It's too hot in Edinburgh to take a picture, but perfect for a try at a first ever cold water shave. We're at 28C and that is not usual here!

So it was necessary to use Stirling Soaps Lemon Chill for that cooling menthol, and maintaining my run on the Feather AS-D2S and Feather blade (4) I use the PAA Peregrino brush to whip up some cooling lather and enjoyed a very pleasant removal of four days growth, with no drama.

Keep cool everyone!

Thursday AM 2022-08-11
National Hip Hop Day - definitely not worth a celebration
2w7R0hT.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3 Faux Porcelain Finest (26/54)
Ethos Grooming Succès shaving soap
Wolfman WR2-SB/WRH3
Personna 74 Tungsten (13)
Bleu de Chanel aftershave
JJF7zWe.jpg

My shave for this evening was themed...

View attachment 91815

The crawl - Occams Enoch
Breaststroke - Schick Proline
Backstroke - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Butterfly - MDC Rose
Doggy paddle - Colegen moisturiser

'It was 10 minutes before the synchronised swimming team realised there was no water and they still had their clothes on'

After cycling 10 miles this morning my wife and I took the two granddaughters swimming. I never thought one and half hours with two little people would be so knackering. But then again it was our 22nd wedding anniversary today and what a better way to spend it?

22 years for the second time that is, being as we were married and divorced from each other before. 22 far better years though. As someone said at the second wedding, 'If this ain't illegal then it bloody well should be'

Fortunately for us we are legal. And very happy

As for the shave. Top drawer stuff on a bottom drawer related day with high expectations and expectations met. That was until the blade found itself wedged in the end of my thumb. I told you the blade loading on the Enoch was fucking dodgy. Nothing a plaster couldn't fix.

But a very happy shave, digits apart. And in parts.

And a return to those wonderfully talented ladies and their new release. Must be a new album due which is good news here. Enjoy.....

Happy Anniversary hope you had a great day.

d10EI8D.png

Thursday 08.11.22
Birthday Shave
Pre: Hot washcloth & bloom water
Razor: Gillette ’47 Milord
Blade: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdgeYellow
Brush: Ever-Ready Faux Ivory 18mm Silvertip Badger
Soap: ‌OSP Neroli Scented Shaving Soap
Happy Birthday hope you had a cracking day
All the best to you

Happy Anniversary hope you had a great day.

Certainly did thank you. Taking the little people swimming was the perfect day. It is all about those at the other end of the scale, not two old cranks who married each other twice and cackled away for the past 22 years. And the 17 years before that, which included bitching talk when we were divorced. Still does, but it is civilised bitching now.

Anyway since you missed out have a song of your own to reflect on love

d10EI8D.png

Thursday 08.11.22
Birthday Shave
Happy Birthday
d10EI8D.png

Thursday 08.11.22
Birthday Shave
Happy Birthday :)

My shave for this evening was themed...

View attachment 91815

The crawl - Occams Enoch
Breaststroke - Schick Proline
Backstroke - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Butterfly - MDC Rose
Doggy paddle - Colegen moisturiser

'It was 10 minutes before the synchronised swimming team realised there was no water and they still had their clothes on'

After cycling 10 miles this morning my wife and I took the two granddaughters swimming. I never thought one and half hours with two little people would be so knackering. But then again it was our 22nd wedding anniversary today and what a better way to spend it?

22 years for the second time that is, being as we were married and divorced from each other before. 22 far better years though. As someone said at the second wedding, 'If this ain't illegal then it bloody well should be'

Fortunately for us we are legal. And very happy

As for the shave. Top drawer stuff on a bottom drawer related day with high expectations and expectations met. That was until the blade found itself wedged in the end of my thumb. I told you the blade loading on the Enoch was fucking dodgy. Nothing a plaster couldn't fix.

But a very happy shave, digits apart. And in parts.

And a return to those wonderfully talented ladies and their new release. Must be a new album due which is good news here. Enjoy.....

Belated…:rolleyes: best anniversary wishes to you both(y)

Back
Top Bottom