SOTD : Saturday 6 August - Friday 12 August 2022.

Friday’s Shave

VPulL8L.png

Pre: Hot washcloth & bloom water
Razor: Blackland Vector Polished Stainless Steei
Blade: Schick Proline
Brush: Oumo 26mm Lotus Manchuria SHD Badger
Soap: ‌Phoenix and Beau Bluebird K7 Shaving Soap

SOTD 12-Aug
20220811_181103-01.jpeg
Brush: C&H 'Mammoth'
Soap: Cerberus Fougere
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: GSB (1)

Another set selected for the weather, nice and fresh. I didn't think it would be the case but I love this darwin handle, just fits perfectly for me. I've got the WRH7 which I love the look of and it's good but I gravitate to this one every time.

Well weekend is almost here, ready for the day ahead!

Hope everyone has a grand one!

Cheers

Marc

12/08/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Semogue SOC BTS Boar
Soap - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Razor - Blutt 0.86
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
A/S - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Wk 32 (7).JPG
Even though my new Blutt is still down as being "Item has left our International Processing Centre LANGLEY HWDC, United Kingdom" 10am, Wednesday 10/08/22.
It arrived unexpectedly yesterday, therefore, today it was called into action.
On initial inspection of the razor the fit and finish is second to none that i have held in hand, very tight tolerances in the fit of top cap & baseplate, no movement between them at all. The handle is a perfect fit for me.
I fitted a new Wizamet and noticed the blade is clamped very securely in the head.
I loaded the SOC boar and face lathered the Arran soap, a very nice face covering was achieved in no time and the brush holding enough for the shave.
The razor feels well balanced and secure in the hand, the fingers seemingly gripping the handle naturally finding their spot, initially the angle was found after a stroke or 2, It feels very comfortable on the skin with effective efficiency without feeling if it is going to bite. I completed a rare 3 pass shave this morning without any discomfort and have been rewarded with a very close, comfortable BBS finish.
A really nice post shave routine leaving me clean, smooth and refreshed.
Early days i know, however, i really think we are going to get along really well.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

It's too hot in Edinburgh to take a picture, but perfect for a try at a first ever cold water shave. We're at 28C and that is not usual here!

So it was necessary to use Stirling Soaps Lemon Chill for that cooling menthol, and maintaining my run on the Feather AS-D2S and Feather blade (4) I use the PAA Peregrino brush to whip up some cooling lather and enjoyed a very pleasant removal of four days growth, with no drama.

Keep cool everyone!
I’ve cold water shaved for years now; irrespective of the seasons. Wouldn’t go back to hot water now.

SOTD 12-Aug
View attachment 91887
Brush: C&H 'Mammoth'
Soap: Cerberus Fougere
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: GSB (1)

Another set selected for the weather, nice and fresh. I didn't think it would be the case but I love this darwin handle, just fits perfectly for me. I've got the WRH7 which I love the look of and it's good but I gravitate to this one every time.

Well weekend is almost here, ready for the day ahead!

Hope everyone has a grand one!

Cheers

Marc
What a great set up . . .and that brush looks the business!

Friday August 12, 2022
Razor: Gibbs Adjustable/Copper Handle
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Fluffy Copper #86 /Oumo Boar
Soap: A&E Grecian Horse
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: A&E Grecian Horse
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,375

Tomorrow I'm off to Pine Top, KY to help with some Volunteer Disaster relief. I was asked to come do some preliminary inspections under a home to ensure it was safe for others to get underneath and rip out insulation. Also some debris removal from the yard. Demolition of out-buildings, dredging of creek. This area saw unprecedented flooding. They are accustom to some but I'm told this storm with the following flash flood caught all unaware and was 7 feet higher than anything they had previously experienced. Having lived thru flooding of my home as a child multiple times, my heart goes out to all that have been affected. Everyone have a great day !
IMG_20220812_055233765.jpg

Last edited:
Morning / Afternoon all.

Pre, warm shower and Magno soap to the face
Brush, Boti Blue
Razor, Gillette Fatboy (setting 8 for a 3 grain pass)
Blade, Gilette Nacet (1st use)
Soap, Stirling Coniferous
Post, Noble Otter (Northern Elixir)
Music, Zach Bryan

The soap lathers well and goes on easily, no issues there. It provided a great surface to work on. The scent is great, pine / fresh / outdoorsy / not too overpowering.

A very nice 3 grain pass, zero irritation / weepers / nicks / cuts etc. As per a lot of my shaves. Which is fine by me. But i think 8 is likely to be my default setting so far. Very smooth and efficient and feels very close and clean.

I paired it with the Northern Elixir due to scent profile and what a great pairing. And feel!

Best,

Ben

Friday August 12, 2022
Razor: Gibbs Adjustable/Copper Handle
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Fluffy Copper #86 /Oumo Boar
Soap: A&E Grecian Horse
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: A&E Grecian Horse
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,375

Tomorrow I'm off to Pine Top, KY to help with some Volunteer Disaster relief. I was asked to come do some preliminary inspections under a home to ensure it was safe for others to get underneath and rip out insulation. Also some debris removal from the yard. Demolition of out-buildings, dredging of creek. This area saw unprecedented flooding. They are accustom to some but I'm told this storm with the following flash flood caught all unaware and was 7 feet higher than anything they had previously experienced. Having lived thru flooding of my home as a child multiple times, my heart goes out to all that have been affected. Everyone have a great day !
View attachment 91897
My heart goes out to those affected, Dave. My family have also been previously affected by flooding so I know the impact it can have. Good on you for helping - the true measure of humanity.

Back
Top Bottom