SOTD : Saturday 6 August - Friday 12 August 2022.

Friday August 12, 2022
Razor: Gibbs Adjustable/Copper Handle
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Fluffy Copper #86 /Oumo Boar
Soap: A&E Grecian Horse
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: A&E Grecian Horse
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,375

Tomorrow I'm off to Pine Top, KY to help with some Volunteer Disaster relief. I was asked to come do some preliminary inspections under a home to ensure it was safe for others to get underneath and rip out insulation. Also some debris removal from the yard. Demolition of out-buildings, dredging of creek. This area saw unprecedented flooding. They are accustom to some but I'm told this storm with the following flash flood caught all unaware and was 7 feet higher than anything they had previously experienced. Having lived thru flooding of my home as a child multiple times, my heart goes out to all that have been affected. Everyone have a great day !
View attachment 91897

My heart goes out to those affected, Dave. My family have also been previously affected by flooding so I know the impact it can have. Good on you for helping - the true measure of humanity.

Eastern Kentucky got hammered, some folks lost everything, be careful out there.

Folks tend to live in the valleys, and that's where all the water goes.

Eastern Kentucky got hammered, some folks lost everything, be careful out there.

Folks tend to live in the valleys, and that's where all the water goes.

Thanks Toby, I'm told that we go over a mountain and then down in a hole so you nailed what the terrain is like at times where this water collects.

6AFD35C2-E33E-4663-8C22-5DBDD7A3963F.jpeg
SOTD: 12/08/2022

Razor: Stando Cat Claw and Tatara Masamune
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Yaqi The Green Puck
Aftershave: Yaqi The Green Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm

I’ve been kindly loaned 3 excellent razors by @slapo. All are Stando Polska razors and if the rest are as good as this then this next few shaves are going to be fantastic! First up was the Cat Claw, an open comb razor which until today I’d never got on with, finding them way too agreeable for my needs. This wasn’t the case here, despite having a blade gap of 1.25, it’s blade exposure was minimal if slightly positive. As advised I compared it directly against a familiar razor with the same blade being used, shaving the left half of my face with the Cat Claw and the Other with the Masamune. I was expecting more efficiency and perhaps a harshness I’ve felt with other open combs I’ve used but I could tell from the first pass the Cat Claw was special! No skin scraping just efficient, smooth and close hair removal. It definitely beat the Masamune for efficiency which I expected but I didn’t expect it to be as smooth as it as well. The 2nd XTG pass was almost BBS again a step ahead of the Masamune and nearly as smooth a shave. There was a slight nick but nothing a bit of further use and practice won’t fix, by the third I gave up the direct comparison, and carried on with the Cat Claw. It’s very rare on a first shave with a razor I enjoy a shave so much but this was brilliant! The razor handle was my least favourite of the one they offer but in the hand it looks and more importantly feels excellent. I actually think it’s the best bead blast style finish I’ve had in a razor and I include the Masamune in that. I’m going give this another few tries before moving on to the others but I’m impressed. The only minor issue could be it’s too efficient for a daily shaver but I’ll only be sure of this over the next few days. My thanks again to @slapo for the opportunity to try it out and I’ve now another razor to add to the wish list!

sorcery GIF

ueRaYHe.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Paladin Lava Flow Select Badger
Soap: Westman Utopia
Razor: Rex Ambassador (2.5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (7)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Los Jabones de Joserra Orris Root Aftershave Balm
Scent: Mt Romance Larrikin EdT

What sets the scent of Utopia apart from many similar tobacco/vanilla/warm woods variants is the very pure and authentic tobacco note.

This evening brought about a shave with the theme, 'Say little'

View attachment 91861

General
Feather
AP Shaving
Extro Arancia
Atelier Orange Sanguine (The best orange scent I know of)

'The headlines say, just get on with it and go will you?'

Super refreshing and a very orange shave

Puffyshoes? Why not

What is that movie clip from ?
i remember it but can’t put my finger on it sort of speak lol

Razor = Occam’s Oren
Blade = Kai Captain Titan Mild ( 2 )
Brush = Simpsons Keyhole KH4 In Best
Soap = Vintage Scottish Fine Soaps
Splash = Nivea 2 Phase
Balm = Home Made
F1D23937-287F-4F47-9241-C08305D77551.pngBrilliant shave tonight although i got a small weeper on my top lip due to being a doughnut.
The soap was a first for me i actually forgot i had it.
However it performed very well and the scent was fresh & clean although i do feel these older soaps lack residual slickness but it’s not an issue.
The Brush was also a first,
when i seen the grey box i just had to have it.
I’m starting to get right in to this Razor and it annoys me as i feel i’m using it to much
perhaps that’s the idea lol.
Onwards & Upwards
have a great weekend everyone & as always
Stay Safe

Friday:
Back home and despite Brian's soaps being superb and seeing me through the week very nicely, thought I'd have a change.

Final day of using the N4 Slim and Perma-sharp combo and as I was in a full on rush job, managed a small nick on the RHS of my top lip. I did use a bit of Alum that sorted it out pretty quickly and despite this and waiting a few minutes before a quick wash off, shave all done in about 6 or 7 minutes. That and I was a minute early for my morning meeting.

Hope everyone has a super sunny weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_20220812_101214__01.jpg
    IMG_20220812_101214__01.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom