SOTD : Saturday 6 August - Friday 12 August 2022.

d10EI8D.png

Thursday 08.11.22
Birthday Shave
Pre: Hot washcloth & bloom water
Razor: Gillette ’47 Milord
Blade: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdgeYellow
Brush: Ever-Ready Faux Ivory 18mm Silvertip Badger
Soap: ‌OSP Neroli Scented Shaving Soap
Happy birthday!

My shave for this evening was themed...

View attachment 91815

The crawl - Occams Enoch
Breaststroke - Schick Proline
Backstroke - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Butterfly - MDC Rose
Doggy paddle - Colegen moisturiser

'It was 10 minutes before the synchronised swimming team realised there was no water and they still had their clothes on'

After cycling 10 miles this morning my wife and I took the two granddaughters swimming. I never thought one and half hours with two little people would be so knackering. But then again it was our 22nd wedding anniversary today and what a better way to spend it?

22 years for the second time that is, being as we were married and divorced from each other before. 22 far better years though. As someone said at the second wedding, 'If this ain't illegal then it bloody well should be'

Fortunately for us we are legal. And very happy

As for the shave. Top drawer stuff on a bottom drawer related day with high expectations and expectations met. That was until the blade found itself wedged in the end of my thumb. I told you the blade loading on the Enoch was fucking dodgy. Nothing a plaster couldn't fix.

But a very happy shave, digits apart. And in parts.

And a return to those wonderfully talented ladies and their new release. Must be a new album due which is good news here. Enjoy.....

Hope you had a lovely anniversary!

Happy birthday - I wish you an excellent day. - cheers - I.

Happy Birthday, have a great day :)

Paul.

Abd a very happy birthday to you

Happy 2nd 22nd anniversary Chris.

Happy birthday Jim

Happy Birthday....Have a great day.

Happy Birthday Jim !

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday!

Wishing you a grand day!
Happy Birthday
Much thanks gentlemen. :)

CB20E510-FDD6-4C68-BC23-2C3908C33618.jpeg
SOTD: 11/08/2022

Razor: Hone 15s
Blade: Astra SP, 3rd use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Signature Capra Insurium Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

My best shave yet from the Hone 15s, this is pretty much all I wanted from it in steel! BBS and the added refreshment from the Proraso and Signature Capra Insurium was a perfect start to the day. Enjoy your day guys!

After cycling 10 miles this morning my wife and I took the two granddaughters swimming. I never thought one and half hours with two little people would be so knackering. But then again it was our 22nd wedding anniversary today and what a better way to spend it?

22 years for the second time that is, being as we were married and divorced from each other before. 22 far better years though. As someone said at the second wedding, 'If this ain't illegal then it bloody well should be'
Happy anniversary. (y)

Bowl lather - Giles
Head - Leaf (Astra SP 1)
Face - Thorn (Astra SP 2)
Edwin Jagger Silvertip Fibre 25mm
MWF
Homemade witch-hazel with glycerin, lavender, tea tree and peppermint essential oils
Barts Unscented Bonce Balm
Terre d’Hermès EDT

A rare morning shave for me. This was my second use of the Thorn and I’m very impressed. My first thoughts after the first use was maybe I should have ordered the Twig as I found it a bit on the aggressive side for me but maybe I wasn’t using the correct angle as today I had about as perfect a shave as I’ve ever had. The Leaf got my head almost billiard ball smooth with 2 passes and I touched up the few fuzzy patches with the Thorn. Two passes on the face with very minor touch ups resulted same finish as my head. This is a great combo for head and face shavers. I am a daily shaver for head and face so I will probably alternate the Thorn with my Blackland Vector on my face as I find it slightly milder, plus it has a more luxurious feel.

Back
Top Bottom