SOTD : Saturday 5th March - Friday 11th March 2022.

View attachment 85369
SOTD: 08/03/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Stirling Campania Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Campania EDT
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

It’s my birthday shave today, so I bought out one of my favourite soaps, brushes and a razor that never gives less than an amazing shave. It was a great combo and it made for an excellent start to a lovely day.
Enjoy your day everyone.
Happy Birthday!

Wednesday SOTD

0S6WFEc.png

Gillette ’47 Milord / Nacet
Jayaruh #408 24mm Maggard 2-band
DG Fake Yellow Light Shaving Soap & Aftershave

View attachment 85369
SOTD: 08/03/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Stirling Campania Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Campania EDT
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

It’s my birthday shave today, so I bought out one of my favourite soaps, brushes and a razor that never gives less than an amazing shave. It was a great combo and it made for an excellent start to a lovely day.
Enjoy your day everyone.

Belated Happy Birthday.

09/03/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Jayaruh #355 Maggards Knot
Soap - 1912 Scottish Heather
Razor - Blackland ERA #3
Blade - Voskhod Teflon coated (3)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
A/S - Williams Aqua Velva Formula 1

Wk 10 (5).JPG
A wonderful face lather with the 1912 and Jayaruh brush, this knot is very similar to the RR400 Plissoft knot i have and whips up a storm.
Right then!
Today i fitted the #3 plate with a used Voskhod blade (2 x 2 pass shaves), as per the #2 plate the blade is held very securely, i also remembered to remove the handle rings to try out the std handle, i have to be honest, i felt no difference during the shave and will use them until they perish.
I completed a 2 pass no pressure shave, WTG and ATG, the razor is still very smooth and still quite mild although it is more efficient than the #2 plate, a bit more like what i am used to getting onto a Mid aggressive feel.
After a quick check i found i needed a bit touch up, so, as i had enough lather a completed a full XTG pass.
I am comfortable and BBS. Very nice.
Using the #2 plate the shave lasted as long as i needed it too and i was ready to shave 24hrs later, i cannot see the #3 plate being any better although it does feel like a deeper shave.
PS,
Happy Birthday Lee @LeeMaz
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
Wed 9th March

Alpha G4 Syn 28mm
Vitos Super Red
ER 1924
Gem S/S ( 5 )
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

The 1924 is one of the more aggressive ER/ Gem Razors, IMHO rather equal to The Micromatic.However, if used with a very light no pressure touch it delivers a good Shave. Today it cleared Two days growth without any problems, and the quality of the finished Shave was excellent.

E50980B8-97C7-4A44-B32D-896606DA5F6D.jpeg

IMG_060.jpg

My second shave with the Rex Envoy was very good but it reminded me that it IS more aggressive than my usual fare.

Due to some sad circumstances, I had to shave a little earlier than I would have normally expected and I was in a bit of a rush. That meant somewhat less preparation than there should have been and I whizzed around my face too fast. The consequences were inevitable. A very close shave but several small weepers where there really shouldn’t have been.

Clearly I’m still in the learning phase with the Envoy which demands respect, otherwise it will remind you of its existence. However, on the positive side, the weepers were not severe and I did get a very, very good close shave! That knurling!

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Razor: Rex Envoy
Blade: Israeli Crystal (2)
Soap: TOBS Grapefruit
Brush: PAA Peregrino
Pre-shave: Proraso Green
Post-shave: Bart’s Balm Lime
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Cobalt Blue

Back
Top Bottom