SOTD : Saturday 5th March - Friday 11th March 2022.

SOTD : 5th March 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Simple Pure Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10077.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Cella Crema Da Barba.
Blade: Parker/Personna PTFE SS.(D2)
Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Settings) 3-wtg. 4-xtg/atg.+pick ups.

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold water face & head rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Original ASL./Boots Freshwood ASB.

Greetings,

Face & Head Shave.

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Another close comfortable face & head shave with the Parker InjRzr on it's second outing.

Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Boots Freshwood ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Sat 5 SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Seville
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Razor Wade & Butcher 13/16 Wedge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + B&M Seville Splash
The more I use this soap, the more I'm loving it... a beautiful scent with a creamy and slick lather...
The more I use this antique razor the more I realize the edge is good but my techniques needed to be better. Today, the razor gives a super smooth and comfortable 3passes for a respectable dfs/ccs result without any irritation or weepers. The aftershaves were just terrific...a very enjoyable shave!
20220305_153404.jpg

Today's shave:

rdt220305j2j3m.jpg

- Van der Lovett Sailor's Blend
- Boti "Blue" Silvertip
- Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 with Sputnik blade
- Isana Dark Ocean aftershave

:D

275074914_529409341847971_850930879106227191_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Barrister's Reserve Cool
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)

Lovely, old-school scent that's growing on me with every use. The blade however performed the most spectacular cliff-drop in living memory, and refused to cut virtually anything on pass 2. Not wishing to aggravate my skin I decided to retreat, with today's first pass having performed well enough for a Saturday!

Last edited:
05/03/22
Pre - Pears Transparent original face wash
Brush - Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Soap - 1912 Irish Fern
Razor - Blackland ERA plate #2
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Tester F
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
P3050002.JPG
I am going to run my new ERA for the week (at least) to get a feel for it.
A very nice face lather today, easily made with the 1912 soap and big faux horsey, a nice fresh scent this one.
Fitted with plate #2 and a Med Prep i set off.
I find this plate so comfortable, no real audio feedback although i do seem to be getting sensory feedback through the razor handle letting me know it is doing its job. It really is as comfy as my WS-D2, i am also thinking the ERA is not as angle critical.
I did require 3 full passes WTG, XTG & ATG for a very nice finish, not deep BBS, However, close enough, i have not removed a skin layer like you can with the Dart;).
The last of the Barts "F" tester which i really like, spicey - floral & my #1 of all the testers.
A nice rub of Bowling green splash which to me is a nice match to the Irish fern
I am sitting here rubbing my face thinking "fine job that".
The #2 plate will give me a very safe shave and can be used in a hurry if that's what you require. I am not sure how it would handle a stronger beard, however, it can handle mine. Saying that i will probably use the higher plate more.
I know i am in the honeymoon period but i really like everything about this razor from the way it is made to its 3D "Birthmarks".
Right then, hair clippers out to sort out my hair, shower and ready to go out and meet the lads for a few beers, something i have not done with these fellas for a couple of years - now that just sounds mad!!
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
SOTD 05-Mar
20220304_162103.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Amphora'
Soap: A&E The Novelist
Razor: Dovo Best 6/8

It's been a good long while since I took a straight to my face, I've done things arse backwards, started with straights then disappeared into the DE/SE void.

Well after this long break and return I absolutely loved it. The standard 'ritual', strop, lather shave, lather, shave...strop, it was almost meditative. I'll do my best, when time allows, to make this a standard weekend routine. Oddly either after my break or perhaps my love affair with vintage GEMs, it seems to have somehow improved my technique...might be taking rubbish but shan't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Wonderfully smooth, chilled and ready for what appears to be a sunny Saturday!

Hope everyone has a cracking weekend!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Sat 5th March

RR 400. SE. Plissoft noir
Officina Artigiana
Yaqi Raster V3
Feather Proguard ( 2 )
Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

With a fresh blade the Raster is once more performing well. In future I will not persevere with a blade once it feels a bit off. Nice to have a pleasant Shave and to be rewarded with a great close finish.

15FE8077-206B-4D10-9772-9CDE798E29A4.jpeg

Saturday 5th March 2022

0F69E421-2F63-4656-9911-A84D74331BE6.jpeg
F69DA933-5AAA-404A-A19E-3C8A23B4B1A6.jpeg

When leather meets lather! Beautiful wee ShaveMac brush bought yesterday off BST - which apparently Royal Mail delivered by jet pack. I expected to wait at least a week for it.

It lathered up the Tertius beautifully on its first shave at the Den of Ed. Finished off with a quick rub of alum, matching splash and a dose of Bvlgari Man in black. Leather and woods are the vibe of the day.

Rather generously some blades and a creed Viking sample were included with my BST purchase. Fighting the urge to get a full bottle but I know I’ll lose that fight.

This forum is fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom