SOTD : Saturday 5th March - Friday 11th March 2022.

20220310_102749.jpg
SOTD 10th Mar
Brush - Razorock Amici 22mm
Soap - Saponifico Varesino Tundra Arctic
Razor - Supply 2.0 2 dot Comfort plate
Blade - Schick Proline B20 #4
Post - TGS Abysso and SV Tundra Arctica balm sample

That was a bloody brilliant shave.
Fantastic lather from soap that was obtained from the entrepreneurial powerhouse that is Boycie's Emporium (along with some very generous free samples!). Scent is subtle but I really like it and the lather quality deserves it's lofty reputation. Everything came together here and Supply delivered a BBS finish and a top notch post shave with the Abysso and Boycie's SV sample.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves

Sotd-10-03-22.png

ATT Calypso alu - M plate
Treet Platinum (2)
Simpson Chubby 1 best
Speick cream
cold water, witch hazel
Weleda balm
Homme de Caron edt.

The third Treet blade I have tried and another winner for me. Like the Trig and DuraSharp carbon, they seem to get the sharpness/comfort ratio spot on. The Platinum gave a very close but mild shave - which is pretty much all you can ask for. Luego - I.

10/03/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Wee Scot
Soap - HWF #1 Patchouli & Cedarwood
Razor - Blackland ERA #3
Blade - Voskhod Teflon coated (4)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Tester D
A/S - Signature Soap Danum
Wk 10 (6).JPG
Every time i use the HWF #1, i am reminded why it is so highly regarded (by Most - scent wise ;)) it produces a great fantastic lather and costs very little, i am glad i stocked up on it.
The Little Simpson worked up plenty of lather on the face and although it does take a bit more time than a larger brush i really enjoy using it.
The shave was as smooth as silk, i do prefer the #3 plate over the #2, today 2 passes WTG & ATG with a little buffing XTG on checks and top lip giving me a "face feeler" of a finish. In fact, i will run the Voskhod again tomorrow.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Thursday 10th March 2022

Dedicated to @Driftwood (otherwise known as the enabler) who included a sample of Creed Viking in my BST purchase, allowing me to discover a new scent that I think is absolutely fantastic. Cheers mate

Razor: Rex Envoy (as always)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (as always)
Soap: Declaration Grooming After The Rain (sample)
Brush: Simpsons Chubby3 Manchurian Faux Sapphire
Splash: Fine Snakebite
EDP: Creed Viking

An excellent shave! Very comfortable, fantastic scent.

My lather isn't going as well with these samples, as scooping is new to me. I usually load the brush in the top (impossible with little lip balm type tubs). Maybe I'm just not throwing in enough product.

View attachment 85441
View attachment 85446
Just happy to help Ed. Your pretty deep into the rabbit warren now and have great ingredients fella

Thur 10th March

RR 400. SE Plissoft noir
Lea Classic soap
Gem Micromatic - Bullet Tip
Gem S/S [ 2 ]
LEA Classic A/S Lotion

Finally found this minty Micromatic which got mixed up with my ER 1912s, I think it was the case that caused me to put it in the wrong drawer. Though the Shave was pleasant enough I find it much easier to get a really close Shave with the Original.

IMG_0270.jpg

SOTD 10-Mar
View attachment 85421
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: Speick
Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Nacet (1)

Nice shave this morning with the recent BST purchase (thanks @Driftwood), my first go with a tech and it is a very smooth running razor. Was surprised after the first pass just how much had been taken down. Couple more passes and done for a smooth finish. Very obviously lighter than my preference but the very light handle helps a lot. This could very well be an ideal travel razor.

On to the old tomorrow then back to the Era.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc
Thanks Marc, I think the Webber handle is a good combo. The new Alpha Ti handle with the plaid pattern would be a great match

Thursday 10th March
Yaqi AC - Schick Proline P #3 - Zenith 507 - Burma Shave Mug Soap - Old Spice AS - Aloe Vera Gel
xU9Q5rJ.jpg

Maiden outing of the Yaqi AC head was a triumph. It looks pretty good on the General handle.
The result is I'm now looking for a Vector.

PS-Turkish Bar Soap
Brush-Turkish Mop
Soap-Tin Ends
Blade-London Bridge
Razor-Fine Marvel*
AS-Barts Lime
AAS-TOBS

*A razor that after brief use a while ago went to the back of the drawer. After a shave free 6 days on tour in Ireland I dragged it out for a rematch. Alas the Marvel can’t cope with reasonably heavy growth even with a new blade. I reluctantly had to do a second pass with a 39c slant which sorted matters but I usually try to avoid extra passes as inevitable razor burn follows. For the everyday shaver I’m sure the Marvel will be fine but after that it struggles

Evening all,

Prep, flannel and hot water
Brush, Boti Blue
Razor, Razorock Lupo 95
Blade, Supermax Diamond Edge (2nd use)
Cream, Lider Classic
A/S, Korsarz Pacific

The cream lathered up very well with a nice subtle sort of medicinal scent. It provided a good surface to work on.

I did my usual 3 grain pass. Absolutely zero issues, no nicks / cuts / weepers / irritation.

Very very pleased with this shave and the new addition to the Mini Emporium. I’d thoroughly recommend the Razorock Lupo 95. A nice clean, smooth and close shave!

Have a good evening all.

Best,

Ben

Back
Top Bottom