SOTD : Saturday 5th June to Friday 11th June 2021.

20210607_063531.jpg
SOTD 7th June

Pre - PAA Cube
Brush - Yaqi Butterscotch 22mm Cashmere
Soap - B&M Reserve Lavender
Razor - Rockwell 6c R3
Blade - Gillette Super Blue #2
Post - Bayliss & Harding Pepper & Ginseng.
Great daily driver set up. Can't go wrong with the Rockwell and I'm really liking this sharp but super smooth blade.
Stay safe Gents and enjoy your shaves

Micromatic Mon 7 SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Ocean Grove
Brush Yaqi 24mm Atlantis New & 1st Use
Razor GEM Push Button
Blade GEM Stainless 7th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Alum + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Nice enough soap. Mild pleasant scent but creamy and slick lather. This new synthetic brush is different. The bristles are not as soft and it feels stiffer...more back-bone more scritches. I like it...at least it's different from other Yaqi synthetics.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was another nice, smooth and comfortable 3passes without any issues for a bbs to dfs result. Good aftershaves.
20210607_120559.jpg

198003384_476827796714850_7212624434443143688_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: TDS Evergreen Juniper
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Super-Max Blue Diamond (1)

I'll be honest - when I won the generous PIF 2 from @pjgh , I was slightly concerned how I'd get on with the Super-Max. My one and only trial previously through a Gillette Slim Twist left me rather underwhelmed, but I'm happy to say today's outing through the Merkur resulted in a smooth, workday shave. Not one of those life-affirming pamper shaves that lasts over half an hour and leaves you with a big smile on your face, but the sort of shave that means you can get on with the rest of the morning's prep with minimal fuss. The ASL gave little feedback, which backs up the irritation -free nature of the blade. A great start to the week :giggle:

Mon 7th June

RR 400. SE-Plissoft noir
Cyril Salter Solid soap
ES Claymore V1
Kai CT Protouch MG
Puig Quorum A/S Lotion

Thanks to Paul @Blademonkey for reminding everyone just how good The CS soap is.With a great slick lather I am quite amazed at just how good a Shave i have got from a blade on its 9th outing. This Razor and Blade just go so well together. Wish I had the opportunity to try it in other Razors that I have passed on .

IMG_0066.jpg

Blue Monday SOTD

GIy9QaG.png

RazoRock SS Hawk V3 Standard / Schick Proline
Maggard Blue Resin 2-Band Badger
CF Ghost Town Barber Shaving Soap
Fine Snake Bite Aftershave Tonic

Last edited:
7/6/21

Pre - Unscented Soap
Soap - Cella Bio
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo
Razor - Wilkinson Sword Classic
Blade - Perma Sharp SS (10)
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Sensitive Balm
AS - Superdrug Sierran Breeze

A great lather with the Cella Bio today, I think it might be one of the best performing soaps I own at any price.

The Perma Sharp is still as sharp and smooth as it was to begin with, now and again I'd get a blade that seems to go on and on.

A great shave today.

Have a good start to the week gents.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ The Noir et Vanille
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac

7/6/21

Pre - Unscented Soap
Soap - Cella Bio
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo
Razor - Wilkinson Sword Classic
Blade - Perma Sharp SS (10)
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Sensitive Balm
AS - Superdrug Sierran Breeze

A great lather with the Cella Bio today, I think it might be one of the best performing soaps I own at any price.

The Perma Sharp is still as sharp and smooth as it was to begin with, now and again I'd get a blade that seems to go on and on.

A great shave today.

Have a good start to the week gents.
+ 1 on the Cella Bio...I recently introduced myself to it also..I was curious to give it a try as i have a great fondness for the Cella Red Sweet Almond (tallow). and was wondering if the Bio version's performance could match the Cella Tallow..It did, leaving an equally superb post shave feel. Both are wonderful performers, but the Bio version is my new favourite. (y)

07/06/21
Pre: Shower
Brush: Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: Blackland Sabre L1 / Pearl Flexi
Blade: GEM PTFE S/S (8) / Kai Stainless (1)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Proraso Red
Wk23 (3)a.JPG
I was going to wait until next week to give the Pearl Flexi a run out, however, I rechecked the Pearl for the rattle, sadly the oil fix is just a temporary one, its not a loud noise but it is there.
Anyway i thought i would submerge the razor to see if that changed things then it just went from there.
So, a very easy face lather giving me a very slick face covering, i set the PFA on #3 and completed the WTG pass, it really did a fantastic job on clearing the heavy stuff, I completed a XTG pass with the Sabre which was as smooth as ever then completed an ATG with the PFA set on #2, very smooth and comfortable.
The shave result was a comfortable, BBS finish without issue.
A nice post shave leaving me a very happy shaver.
The PFA performed really well, there are no issues with alignment or blade gap. I did find the handle less grippy than the Rex and it did not seem to glide over the skin like the Rex, then again its not a Rex!
Is it worth the money, Most definitely YES, it is a lot of razor for the cash you pay, its in the same cash bracket as the Parker, Progress & Future and i think its better than all of those.
Dave at Shave-time does have an explanation of the noise coming from the handle on the website, which really cannot be heard during the shave and does need a heavy shake to hear it, i can definitely live with that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Monday 7th June

Soap • Tabac Stick
Brush • Yaqi Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Razor • Yaqi Excalibur
Blade • Kai Protouch MG (6-7?)
Post • Tabac Aftershave

Caravan shave today

That was good - As I've mentioned previously, the Excalibur can feel quite assertive, even with a mild guarded blade.
No irritation or mishap - a nice way to start the day.

No SOTD photo, but have this one on me

Drinks on Skegness Pier

Back
Top Bottom