SOTD : Saturday 5th June to Friday 11th June 2021.

This evening's shave was brought courtesy of the theme ' I am cleaning my bum granddad'

IMG_20210607_194403.jpg

Cleaning dishes - Stainless Mongoose
Cleaning windows - Feather Super Professional
Cleaning brush - Alpha Wickhams Artic
Cleaning cars - ADP Collezione

This morning was that pleasurable day of the week I get to take the granddaughters to school. A highlight of my week.

'Come on Zuzu get your shoes on'

For reasons unknown she grabs a pan scrubbing brush and shoves it down the back of her pants

'Look granddad I'm cleaning my bum'

All I could think was 'WTF!?'

Later my wife joined us and my daughter-in-law gave her the brush

'We were in IKEA yesterday and we bought you this'

'Oh thank you'

'psss. Shove it in the bin when you get home love I'll explain later'

Nothing to do with shaving at all but just a small event which made my day and gave a little chuckle

And the shave you boring twat? What could ever go wrong with this team of top class players? Nothing, and it didn't. What else was ever going to happen outside of perfect results and a finish so smooth it could make ice cream roll off a guitar.

And to finish this wonderful shave it is over to who I think are a very talented bunch. Trident and Imagination

Now. About this pan scrubbing brush

SOTD : 8th June 2021.

111.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Vie-Long Horsehair.
Face Lather.
Lather: Vie-Long Shave Stick.
Blade: Voskhod T.C. 'Snapped in 1/2'. (D1)
Razor: Yaqi Katana.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils +3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./ Lidl Cien Aqua ASL.

Greetings,

A wonderful early morning shave....I've mentioned before, i've taught myself never to judge/doubt a shaving soap or cream because of it's cheap price tag, the vast majority of my shave set ups contain inexpensive soaps & creams which have all performed with satisfactory results. The Vie- Long shave stick is absolutely superb, not just for it's price tag, but most importantly for it's performance & post shave feel.

A Enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Lidl Cien Aqua ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Tue 8 SOTD
Soap Stirling Haverford
Brush BOTI 26mm Silvertip
Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Feather ProGuard 19th Use.
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Stirling Haverford Balm
Stirling soaps are truly awesome and this is no exception. Love the aromatic scent and enjoyed the gorgeous creamy slick lather...
Shave with razor paired with the well-used blade was still good, still smooth, comfortable & efficient enough but just not as silky when new. Managed 3passes for a mostly bbs finish but suffered 1 unexpected weeper. Aftershaves were excellent with the balm prolonging the lovely aroma.
20210608_092405.jpg

197288645_315337133537436_7958237348058906000_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Stirling Hipster
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Super-Max Blue Diamond (2)

Sometimes a setup just chooses itself. The Stirling/Aqua pairing was perfect, and the Super-Max on day two proved its worth as a daily blade. It's been a while since I enjoyed a quick whip-around as much as this!

Tuesday SOTD
Worlds Finest Safety Razor / Gillette Nacet
Above The Tie 22x‌58 Silvertip Badger
Fine Platinum Shave Soap & AS

KWwi4Xd.png

Monday 8th June

ACtC-3eWdUV-Nn_RDUw4JIcYXR7B5A3Zv1r5akODqiW9iAbkI9uOLDmBOC2hHP7ze00FC7YvPLsMAfuF4EncQ89n56eoC-RjHgI8YbKDhaHdyLIZ8pg2KtX14LpozqMTRXyD2mxv3l3rrOmrGyJYIofbfCPy9Q=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Hampshire Woolfat Shaving Soap
Yaqi Daffodil w/Cashmere Synthetic 24mm
Gillette Hybrid Tech w/Weber Bulldog Handle
Personna Platinum Chrome (Israeli) (1)
Gillette Series Wild Rain (Vintage) Aftershave

Not so long ago, I ran an Israeli Personna Platinum Chrome through my Muhle Rocca, RazoRock 37C & Gillette Hybrid Tech trio and found that it made for a perfect partnership with the GIllette Hybrid Tech, giving a very memorable shave. For the sake of comparison, I tried the newer German made and actually thought it a better blade! Contentious?

I thought I'd try the Israeli again just to confirm. First few strokes were actually a little rough and I wondered if there was a QC issue, but I slackened off the head, gave it a little jiggle and tighten back up, perfect. But yes, I still think the German made is a better blade.

One of my recent acquisitions was a vintage Bristow's Lanolin Shaving Soap dish which I thought would make a nice home for my Hampshire Woolfat soap, and it's really nice to use. It fits well in the hand for lathering up. Good match, that. Good also to be back on the synthetics - after using boar for a couple of months, or more, I'd quite forgotten how synthetics can feel and perform; this Yaqi is very much like a softy boar.

Lovely to use Gillette WIld Rain aftershave again. I have a feint memory of this from back in the day and while it's nowhere near a "good" as Cool Wave, it's still a nice splash. Apple green fresh. Spring rain. Lovely!

ACtC-3d2OF72g2-lX7oB4u7gaOXo7i9FJgvi4qt9m72bHlT8UttlmHHjECRmIPDgml9X-0rqkoow1y_YDyGgHfZO2bMljOF4lZt0kpDxobxD-CPOdLRG3OL2b5wYufyd6CKWqo2paqvVUcqz__pMgX8TPnUUOQ=s600

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Tuesday 8th June 2021

Shave Score 9.75/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower / Baxter’s Face Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Soap: Extra - Arancia Italiana
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantis
Razor: RR GameChanger .84 SB
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Post Shave ASL: Floid
Post Shave Balm: Baxters Balm
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

Have a great day all.

Joe

IMG_1105.png

Today’s shave, after a cool shower ,

Bowl. .......... Steve Woodhead
Soap ......... Proraso Green/ Erasmic Cream
Brush. ........ Morris & Forndran ebonite
Razor. ........ CB Karve (c)
Blade ........ Nacet
Asb. ........... Baxters
ASL. .......... M&S Woodspice

Created a super lather from the Proraso and Erasmic, nice and mentholated, I may use this on a more frequent basis. Razor and blade made short work of the stubble and finished off with the Baxter’s and M&S Woodspice, a nice clean , fresh fragrance.. Happy
Stay safe, keep smiling
3492E3DC-064B-4E34-B11E-08DF9B8677B4.jpeg

8/6/21

Pre - Unscented Soap
Soap - Arko Puck
Brush - Zenith Euro X
Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Perma Sharp SS (11)
Post - Lea 0%
AS - Barbon

I'm not sure if I am correct in my observations, but I've noticed there is a slight difference between the Arko puck and the Arko Stick, even if the ingredients lists on both are the same. The stick is softer, whilst the puck is rock hard, and I tend to get a slightly slicker lather with the puck as well.

Nonetheless, it produced a truly exceptional lather with the Zenith Euro X, which might not be my favourite boar brush but it might be the best performing one I own. It might sound blasphemous but I find myself reaching for both guises for Arko more and more, I find it to be a good solid performer that works well with all my brushes and it's the soap I reach for when I just want to get the job done.

The Perma Sharp still seems to be getting the job done, but requires a little more effort to get the results so I will bin the blade, but I'm impressed with it's lifespan.

Have a good day gents, and enjoy the sunshine.

I'm not sure if I am correct in my observations, but I've noticed there is a slight difference between the Arko puck and the Arko Stick, even if the ingredients lists on both are the same. The stick is softer, whilst the puck is rock hard, and I tend to get a slightly slicker lather with the puck as well.
Just dried out more, I reckon.

I've had a puck that I could pull out like putty, mould into a ball and press into another pot. Conversely, I've had a stick that I had to rehydrate once grated to get it mouldable.

Back
Top Bottom