SOTD : Saturday 5th June to Friday 11th June 2021.

SOTD : 5th June 2021.

109.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head./bloom water face & head wash.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: APShave Co. ~ 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Face: wtg, xtg, atg,+ pick ups.
Head: wtg, atg,atg, + pick ups.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Vitos ~Vegetale Shaving Soap.
Blade : Voskhod T.C. 'Snapped in 1/2'. (D1)
Razor : Yaqi Katana.

Cold water face &head wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./P&G ~ Old Spice Original ASL.

Greetings,

Up with the larks again this morning.

Carrying on with my Russian Made DE Blade run...

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Its been a while since i last used the efficient yaqi katana of which i will be using with all my shave sets this week...The Voskhod T.C. blade i find gets smoother with each outing they ain't the most aggressive Russian made blade for me but it matched together perfectly with the assertive katana making a smooth efficient duo...The Katana is one of the very few razors i found my shaving angle after the first 5-7 seconds feeling comfortable shaving with it throughout the shave.

What i like about the Katana is the audio feedback which tells me it's cutting through my stubble and i have found the right shaving angle...The efficiency of this razor is amazing good i was very near BBS smooth after the second pass on both my face & head shave but carried on just for the sheer pleasure of the shave & to use up the remaining wonderful lather the Vitos Vegetale soap had provided....A comfortable impressive performance from the 1/2' Voskhod.

A enjoyable close comfortable BBS face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of P&G ~ Old Spice Original ASL.

My face & precious swede are feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Saturday 5th June 2021

Shave Score 9.85/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower / Baxter’s Face Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Soap: P&B Imperial Rum
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantis
Razor: RR GameChanger .84 SB
Blade: Sputnik (2)
Post Shave ASL: P&B Imperial Rum
Post Shave Balm: P&B Imperial Run
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

Have a great day all.

Joe

6CCD489A-2084-4879-8A36-E220191FDB8F.jpeg

Sat 5 SOTD
Soap Arko Stick
Brush Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo
Razor Gold Dollar
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + Cella Milano
Lather from the soap stick is excellent. Creamy and slick...
It's been a while since the last SR adventure. This shave with the razor was kinda ok. Managed 3passes with 1 weeper, some minor irritation, and a SAS result. Took longer compared to a DE...enjoyed the challenge though...
20210605_114233.jpg

The shave with the theme.......

IMG_20210605_054511.jpg

'If I was the only buoy in the world and you were the only gull'

IMG_20210605_053655.jpg

Only living boy in Newcross - Stainless Mongoose
I am the one and only - Feather Super Professional
Only you - Alpha Wickhams Artic
One night only - Extro Arancia

And for one day only I am pleased to present you with a most bodacious of shaves with the lead act being a very capable razor. The one. The only. Mongooooooooooose

'Psss. Take note. Name of next ICBM'

Together with the Feather Super Pro the Goose really is a classic piece of kit which really sets standards. A superb no issue, no hassle, forgiving razor which simply delivers stunning results. More than I can say for myself, and duly verified by Mrs Satanfriendly.

Yet another outing for the everlasting jar of Extro. Honestly? One jar for life. The Artic brush doing a sterling number of doing what brushes do. And this is from a brush sceptic.

A smashing start to the day and feeling better on the shaven front than I do on the work front. But it does give an edge to a busy period here on the Mersey.

Smooth? Than any fucking dolphin ever was or will be. Thanks for all the fish. You selfish creatures.

Have a great weekend people of the forum and I wish all the very best in every respect.

And over to Band Maid and their 'One and only' just in case you thought Chesney Hawkes was the only one. And they are far better looking

Saturday, 5 June

PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade Astra sp (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Eucrus

My Saturday setup. It was a nice slow and relaxing way to start the morning. Have a good start to the weekend (the grey and rain notwithstanding), folks.

Saturday SOTD

pgAJvIa.jpg

Worlds Finest Safety Razor / Gillette Nacet
Heritage CollectionEver-Ready 26mm SHD Gel
A&E Ouddiction Shaving Soap & Aftershave

7657DEA5-6ADD-4F17-A342-B769F8EF07CE.jpeg

Another wonderful shave with the H&S Z074 Ti

If I would, I could shave with this razor every day, without my skin getting irritated
It's a (little) step up in efficiency compared to Feather AS-D2, but just as smooth
One of the next shaves I will swap the Feather DE for a KAI, which I tink will up the efficiency a nod

Enjoy the day Gentlemen

Last edited by a moderator:
Saturday

Proraso M&E pre shave
Phoenix and Beau Denali
Yaqi Red Marble Tuxedo 24mm synth
Bowl lather (Steve Woodhead Ceramics)
Lo Storto
Personna Med Prep (4, I think)
Thayer’s Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Fine Snake Bite after shave

A welcome return to a couple of neglected items in the arsenal this morning. I hadn’t bowl lathered for some time, as a dedicated face lathering type dude. However, it was nice and relaxing to load from the puck, before working it into a nice shiny lather in the bowl; with judicious use of water droplets.

The pre shave had to happen. You’ll notice it harmonises with the rest of the cryogenic software...

A10A0063-519A-4A65-8C67-F171F046E10F.jpeg

Prep: Shower with PAA cube

Pre: PAA unscented cube

Soap: PAA Future Fiction

Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger.

Razor: Rockwell Model T

Blade: Astra SP

Post: Alum, Proraso aftershave balm and Proraso green aftershave.
So this is my first try with the fabulous Model T Passround. I was weary following the reviews from @Jester and my preference for mild razors. I started on a mid level 3 for the first pass and though I found the blade feel a little high for my liking at first but actually it gave a good first pass it did leave more whiskers than I expected. I went again with the same setting and getting a bit more used to the angles and weight got a much better second pass XTG. Feeling more confident and wanting to try and take the last of my neck bristles down I upped it to 4. Wow! A few layers of skin later and I got the rest of the stubble and probably my smoothest shave I’ve had recently! I had a few touch ups on the neck and a couple of weepers at the left side of my mouth which is always a problem area for me, but a face wash and alum sorted it all out. It’s the first time I’ve definitely seen a razor give me a light exfoliating, but actually not in a bad way just close enough to clear some rough skin and blocked pores by the side of my mouth. Probably not the way to do it but I liked my first shave. I will experiment more during the week but so far so good! I kept the soap and blades to my tried and tested to give the razor a fair outing and it’s done a good job so far! Many thanks @ATG

Attachments

• D10075AC-129B-486A-98D6-D0A9265A5623.jpeg
    D10075AC-129B-486A-98D6-D0A9265A5623.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 3
Saturday 5th June

Wild Hog Boar - Vitos Green - Kai Captain Excelia/Feather Professional - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green

For some unintended reason....I seem to have had a run of Shavette shaves.It has been 2 weeks so far....and though I would have considered myself no slouch with a shavette.....it is amazing just how much technique has been fine tuned!
2 passes and a touch up for a wonderful result :)

Last edited:
SOTD 05-June
20210605_093619.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: PAA Switchback 400 26mm Roswell
Soap: Extro O' Selvaggio
Razor: Friodur 72-V 6/8

Great chilled shave this morning, first use of the Extro. Good preformer, scent is decent enough, neither here nor there for me. Still love this 72-V, shaves well and the near wedge is a novelty every now and again. Looking forward to tomorrow's shave where I intend to give the new boar a try.

Fingers crossed it brightens up here, it's my fault, stupidly I said it out loud that I was going to wash the car and have a braai. Ah well.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom