SOTD : Saturday 5th June to Friday 11th June 2021.

06/06/2021

Razor: ATT X1
Blade: Proline (7)
Brush: RazoRock 400
Soap: Extro Arancia Italiana
ASL: Signature Soaps Hibernia
ASB: Baxter of California

IMG_20210605_194659-01.jpeg

Arancia Italiana is probably the most beautiful orange scented soap I've smelt during my time wet shaving. The scent persists throughout the shave unlike some other Extro scents which tend to fade. This soap has the softest consistency of any of the Extro soaps I've used. Lather was excellent and ensured enough residual slickness for me to complete my shave on 2 passes with the incredible X1. I'm falling in love with this razor.

Followed with Signature Soaps Hibernia for that all-Citrus morning.

Finally got the right week and now is the time to go enjoy those cold ones. Couldn't think of a better moment.

Be well.

PS. Wish this end was the same but this has been one grind of a day and still not finished until the early hours. Then off to Yorkshire for the internment of my father's ashes. Finally after all this lock down and nearly five months down the line. But he will back with mum tomorrow afternoon.
Hi Chris,
My thoughts with you, hope all goes as planned and your journeys are good. Am sure you will be glad for life to become more normal.
Mike

Sunday 6th June
Yaqi Red Marble - Signature Soaps Valentia - EndGem Speed • - GEM Stainless Coated #10 - Brut Attraction Totale A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
vzpEitG.jpg

Sun 6th June

Stirling Syn. 26mm
Arko Stick- grated
ES Claymore V1 - Ikon handle
Kai CT Protouch MG [ 8 ]
Pitralon Original A/S Lotion.

The Claymore V1 is proving to be a rather good Daily Shaver, when fitted with this blade. A really relaxed Shave this morning with another excellent close finish. I doubt whether I have had such consistently good finishes from any other Razor/ Blade combo, with not the slightest hint of mishap. Rather a shame that it took me so long to discover the merits of this blade, but then I might not have had the fun of trying other Razors.

IMG_1505.jpg

Last edited:
ZJ6iDuM.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney Polo 2 Super Badger
Cream: Geo. F. Trumper Eucris
Razor: Merkur Mergress (2.5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Swede (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Myrsol Blue Aftershave Lotion
Scent:Geo. F. Trumper Eucris

Trumper Eucris is an epic scent, and perfect for cooler weather.
The vintage Gillette Swede is deceptively smooth for such a wickedly sharp blade.
An effortless three pass shave for a BBS result.

Sun 6 SE SOTD
Soap Ach Brito Mogno
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor Yaqi SE Katana
Blade Euromax Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Proraso Green Splash & Balm
Pleasant scent, creamy & slick lather from the soap.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was quite nice riding the cap. Quite smooth, comfortable & efficient in 3passes without any issues for a bbs to dfs result. Aftershaves were excellent on an oven-hot & humid day!
View attachment 71180
Love the razor stand

6/6/21

Pre - Unscented Soap
Soap - Vitos Red Coco
Brush - Omega/Goodfellas Wild Hog
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Perma Sharp SS (9)
Post - Witch Hazel/Lea Balm
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum

A completely unremarkable shave today, so unremarkable I am struggling to remember I even had a shave, but I touched my face and I definitely did.

Have a good Sunday gents.

SOTD 06-June
20210606_105455.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: PAA Switchback 400 26mm TGN Boar
Soap: Folk Soap
Razor: Friodur 472 6/8

Well first run out with the newly set boar and woah what a smell when wet. Nothing chemical about this one, pure animal. Absolutely nothing wrong with that of course but I won't miss it when it's gone. The added bonus, though it smelt like an animal it lathered like a beast. I also liked the scritchy feeling though I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Prep: Shower with Baxter’s of California face scrub and PAA cube.

Pre: PAA cube

Soap: Hampshire wool fat shaving soap

Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia

Razor: Rockwell Model T

Blade: Astra SP

Post: Alum, Baxter’s of California Shave Tonic and Baxter’s aftershave balm.
For some reason I decided to push the Rockwell to all 3 passes on a 4 today. So in preparation I hit the scrub, cube and Hampshire soap to prepare my face for a harder shave! Boy did I need it and it wasn’t enough! Weepers, weepers everywhere but annoyingly no indication in the moment of the actual shave that I’m doing any damage to myself! It’s like a silent ninja in a bad martial arts movie, slice and dice and the victim doesn’t know their in pieces until they move and something falls off them! I exaggerate but you get the idea. Weirdly though still a very smooth shave, very close obviously and completely bbs with only a little redness. I’m going to try a Viking sword blade tomorrow and try and lower it back to 3 to tame the beast! I both love and hate the results so far and need to get to grips with the silent slasher! I’m pretty sure it’s me at the moment technique wise as this is a more aggressive razor than I’m used to.
Many thanks again @ATG.

Attachments

• A2CC680B-8530-42DF-A2C3-B62950886ED3.jpeg
    A2CC680B-8530-42DF-A2C3-B62950886ED3.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 4
6 June

Extro Bergamotto di Calabria
Simpson M7 Manchurian
Rockwell 6S (R4)
Personna med prep
Bart’s Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine

1B67DBC2-1F57-405C-9638-27454F14E51D.jpeg

The Extro soap created an enormous amount of lather, but I was not super close with the Rockwell this morning. Two passes gave a passable shave.

Good afternoon everyone

Soap - PAA Gondola
Brush - T&H Super Badger
Razor - Rockwell 6S (4)
Blade - Gillette Rubie #7
Post - EJ Limes and Pomegranate
Splash - TGS Abysso

48CF4ECF-78BE-4D8F-8E4B-4015373C5EC7.jpeg
I’ve not been posting a lot lately due to work commitments (or spending far too much time on the golf course) and I know you’d all miss my top notch studio like photography.
I really enjoyed this shave, a superb lather produced by the soap and brush, and a superb post shave resulted.
I hope you’re all safe and well.

Regards

Garry

Back
Top Bottom