SOTD : Saturday 5th June to Friday 11th June 2021.

05/06/21
Pre: Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush: Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap: Palmolive / Maca Root Superlather
Razor: Blackland Blackbird Brass
Blade: Rapira Cyhepctajib (Super stainless) (1)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: TC's Vetiver & Clary Sage infused Argan Oil Balm
Aftershave: Pinaud Whisky Woods
Wk23 (1).JPG
Continuing with the Blackland month, up today was the Brass-Bird, Out of the trial pack dispenser has come a few Russian variants, today the Rapira super stainless, i think its the first time i have used one of these.
The lather was easy to make, face-lathering just dipping the brush tips and working up a lovely, cushioning covering with that distinctive Palmolive scent, i am also running some of the soaps that have been left out for a while this month, this one always performs for me.
2 passes and some touch up on the whirlpools and top lip today for a wonderful, comfortable, BBS finish, i like the smooooth feel of this blade, do i need another 100? Nah! It will be staying in the razor until done.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
188487013_311932433798417_310472922277577931_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: TDS Rose Notes
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)

Once again the Nacet performed superbly. After forgetting to give the lime Barts a run yesterday , the Rosemary & Sandalwood Ben Macdui was a great addition to the setup. A day of catching up with with wife's family awaits - I feel suitably relaxed and ready to face the world :giggle:

IMG_20210605_133148_9~3.jpg
SOTD 5th June 2021
Pre - PAA unscented cube
Razor - Muhle R41GS
Blade - Gillette Bleue NOS
Soap - MdC Original
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Ti V2 Silvertip
Bowl - Little Wren Pottery - blue / black textured
Post - Pinaud Classic vanilla aftershave lotion

A lovely close shave from the R41GS paired with the Gillette Bleue blade, the MdC soap was whipped into a beautiful consistency aided by the textured lathering bowl from Little Wren Pottery and the wonderful Alpha silvertip brush.
Leaving me with super smooth skin which I invigorated with a good splash of Pinaud clubman vanilla aftershave.
Wow, what a shave! :)

Until the next time, take care in the sun!

Paul.

Last edited:
Saturday 5th June

Todays delights…

Rex Ambassador ( 2, 1.5, 1 )
Chroma Stainless ( 1 )
Sterling ‘ Bergamot Lavender ‘
Yaqi 26 mm Rainbow Mew Brown Synth
Miller Harris ‘ Rêverie de Bergamote ‘ fragrance….to round things off :)

Have a great weekend gents, Paul.
C1F9DAE0-BFBE-42A9-84F8-8F3E97423527.jpeg

The shave with the theme.......

View attachment 71123

'If I was the only buoy in the world and you were the only gull'

View attachment 71124

Only living boy in Newcross - Stainless Mongoose
I am the one and only - Feather Super Professional
Only you - Alpha Wickhams Artic
One night only - Extro Arancia

And for one day only I am pleased to present you with a most bodacious of shaves with the lead act being a very capable razor. The one. The only. Mongooooooooooose

'Psss. Take note. Name of next ICBM'

Together with the Feather Super Pro the Goose really is a classic piece of kit which really sets standards. A superb no issue, no hassle, forgiving razor which simply delivers stunning results. More than I can say for myself, and duly verified by Mrs Satanfriendly.

Yet another outing for the everlasting jar of Extro. Honestly? One jar for life. The Artic brush doing a sterling number of doing what brushes do. And this is from a brush sceptic.

A smashing start to the day and feeling better on the shaven front than I do on the work front. But it does give an edge to a busy period here on the Mersey.

Smooth? Than any fucking dolphin ever was or will be. Thanks for all the fish. You selfish creatures.

Have a great weekend people of the forum and I wish all the very best in every respect.

And over to Band Maid and their 'One and only' just in case you thought Chesney Hawkes was the only one. And they are far better looking

Them gulls are like ‘ what the hell are you doing out here on our patch ‘

Saturday AM 2021-06-05
First Great Lakes steamship, The Frontenac, launched on this date, 1817
TPwL5sa.jpg

Rooney 1/3 Ebony Finest (26/52)
Eufros Kasbah shaving soap (tallow)
Haircut & Shave P076-SB Copper/Triad Aristocrat Brass
Polsilver Super Iridium (6)
Acqua di Parma Colonia aftershave

Another great shave. The soap made excellent lather with a dark, spicy, exotic scent, and the copper razor head and SI blade were very smooth together.
OozzReL.jpg

IMG_20210601_122549sm.jpg

A rare sunny and warm day here in Edinburgh, so out came the tropical fruitiness of Stirling's Ice Pineapple. I had forgotten how sharp the pineapple scent was and indeed the menthol content, which meant the post shave rinse with cold water was bracing. Still that was what was called for :)

An excellent shave from my under-used Rockwell 6C on plate 4 as is usual, and a final shave from a Personna Med Prep. The blade works really well with the razor, but then again, most blades work well with the Rockwell. It coped exceptionally well with the area just above the chin, which other razors sometimes can't hack. This is one razor I would definitely buy again, should anything ever happen to it.

Stay safe, enjoy your shaves and your weekend!

Razor: Rockwell 6C
Blade: Personna Med Prep (3)
Soap: Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush: Yaqi Aqua Blue synthetic
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: Captain’s Choice Venture Balm
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper

SoTd
Enjoyed yesterday’s shave so much that I went with the exact same shave today and enjoyed it just as much..the Murdock balm pairs so well with the Razorock XXX and comparing the scent of the XXX and Murdock shaving cream side by side they do smell very similar..the XXX being a slightly lighter scent, both are very nice not sure if anybody else has noticed this before. Feeling super smooth and smelling wonderfulEAB20DDB-5946-4D29-A7A4-7DF4598B9724.jpeg

Saturday 5th June

ACtC-3drgQszmDK4HiZIPzvO-rXG2P02E6nKXUFncoOslBCmAdF1cIwbecp0BWsX2brrHCd7PvDsEtQNwBXQ0o5ydwvX-BN5C8_ntqxM6UCkiELhzJsPXpP8F_0ekUdwD_Ieu-Z13fKFDLtGcQPyWqR0YC5_vg=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Butters Sandalwood Shaving Soap
Mohawk 5-341 w/PurTech Synthetic 22mm
Yaqi SE DLC w/Star Bakelite Handle
BIC Astor (1)
Jovan Musk Aftershave Cologne

After a couple of shaves with the BIC Chrome, which left me feeling that it wasn't as sharp as I remembered or reputed and wasn't particularly smooth either, it was with some trepidation that I loaded the other BIC blade into my Yaqi SE. The Astor is a stainless blade.

What a joy!

You know I'm a stainless fellow, but that BIC Chrome was a bit naff. The BIC Astor on the other hand is a delight! Simply, it's a straight-up, no frills, good, honest stainless blade. It shaved me close and it was smooth while it did it. Lovely!

I do say it every time I use this soap, but it is a real shame that my mate's sister no longer makes soap as this is a wonderful soap. It has a really nice, creamy sandalwood scent and lathers up with a thick yogurt, good enough for three passes. I made two today: my usual single pass to get shaved, an extra pass because I was enjoying it ... and a third comfort lather to walk into the shower with.

Cracking shave, that!

Just what I wanted after a day in the garden removing a couple of tonnes of flag stones, cleaned 'em up and set aside for another building project I have in mind, broke up a tonne of rubble, moved it about, tamped and levelled ... all ready for some topsoil and then turf. My upper terrace was such a success, Mrs had me do the same on the middle terrace.

Knackered, but a good shave has put me in a good frame of mind for a relaxing evening.

Splash of Jovan to finish which has caused some purring from the Mrs ...

IMG_20210605_191946-01.jpeg

First use of the discontinued C&E Sandalwood soap circa 2010.... Superb. Performance was top notch and the scent actually resembled real Indian sandalwood, whether this was achieved using fragrance oils I don't know but it's a pity no such thing exists any more.

I originally dismissed this Needham razor as a run of the mill Sheffield but it's been getting a lot of use recently becoming one of my favourite ever blades, just such a sweet shaver.

Today’s shave, after a warm shower.

Bowl ........ Steve Woodhead
Soap. ........ ToBS, Tobacco Leaf
Brush. ....... Paladin Harlequin Chief
Razor. ....... ATT r1
Blade. ....... Nacet
Asb. .......... Baxters
ASL. ......... Tabac

A pleasant me time shave, no rush, peace and quiet. A 3 pass, blade meets skin encounter with no errors. First use of the Baxter’s Asb, really nice. All finished off with a good splash of Tabac Asl .Happy
Stay safe, keep smiling
F1644684-24D6-49AF-A80B-6BE1EC955895.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom