SOTD : Saturday 5th June to Friday 11th June 2021.

5/6/21

Pre - Unscented Soap
Soap - Lea Professional Cream
Brush - Omega/Goodfellas Wild Hog
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Perma Sharp SS (8)
Post - Witch Hazel/Lea Balm
AS - Superdrug Sierran Breeze
Cologne - Bellini Homme (Lidl Sauvage clone)

A rare trip out of the house to meet a family friend and see their new baby, one of the few times I am bothered enough to put on cologne, the Lidl Sauvage clone which is a Citrus musk scent pairs well with the Superdrug Sierran Breeze splash.

I'm really enjoying using the Wild Hog brush, it produces a lovely lather with the Lea Professional cream. The shave itself with the Perma Sharp and BET was another cracker.

Have a good weekend chaps.

Prep: warm shower
Prep: Cella Gel pre barba
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia for Zenith
Brush: Thäter Fünf
Soap: Acqua di Parma Barbiere
Razor: Sailor 2021 Prototype
Blade: Treet Platinum
AS: Acqua di Parma Colonia intensa
AS: Acqua di Parma Barbiere

SOTD_20210605.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Sat 5th June
Cyril Salter/ MS ED2BAND
Lea Classic soap
ES Claymore V1- Bulldog Handle
Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 7 )
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

A nice relaxed Shave this morning before doing a few hours officiating at a meeting in South London. What a change after previous meets, down to shirt sleeves.

FBDF9DF6-2CCC-4872-A3B2-A0E987A4A1F4.jpeg

Sotd-05-06-21.jpg

Right week - this time.

This afternoon -

razor - ATT Calypso alu - R plate
blade - Gillette Yellow (2)
brush - Frank Shaving two-band 22mm
soap - Ach Brito Lavanda
post - witch hazel
a/s - Quorum
balm - Bart's Lavender lotion
scent - Homme de Caron edt.

Pretty much the dictionary definition of a nice relaxing shave - lavender soothes the savage breast - not that I was feeling particularly savage before - how angry can you get spending the day writing letters? - but super chilled now. All I need to do now is work up the energy to go out for some cold ones. Not the most taxing of days. Cheers all - I.

View attachment 71175

Right week - this time.

This afternoon -

razor - ATT Calypso alu - R plate
blade - Gillette Yellow (2)
brush - Frank Shaving two-band 22mm
soap - Ach Brito Lavanda
post - witch hazel
a/s - Quorum
balm - Bart's Lavender lotion
scent - Homme de Caron edt.

Pretty much the dictionary definition of a nice relaxing shave - lavender soothes the savage breast - not that I was feeling particularly savage before - how angry can you get spending the day writing letters? - but super chilled now. All I need to do now is work up the energy to go out for some cold ones. Not the most taxing of days. Cheers all - I.

Finally got the right week and now is the time to go enjoy those cold ones. Couldn't think of a better moment.

Be well.

PS. Wish this end was the same but this has been one grind of a day and still not finished until the early hours. Then off to Yorkshire for the internment of my father's ashes. Finally after all this lock down and nearly five months down the line. But he will back with mum tomorrow afternoon.

SOTD : 6th June 2021.

110.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather : Cella Aloe Vera Shaving Cream.
Blade: Voskhod T.C. 'Snapped in 1/2'. (D2)
Razor: Yaqi Katana.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus,Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Lidl Cien Sensitive ASB./Milton-Lloyd President EdT.

Greetings,

Sunday morning shave.

A very humble eclectic pre-birthday shave set up with inexpensive new & old shaving assortments which have gave me superb shaving results with each and every outing. Today yet again was no exception...The Cien ASB & M-L President EdT are birthday pressies from the family& friends, along with 2 bottles of Lidl Cien ASL (X-bolt & Aqua)+ a bottle of the new Nivea Men 'Fresh Kick ASB which i will try out with my future SOTD set ups.

An effortless 2 pass + pick ups comfortable pre-birthday silky smooth shave with no errors to report...The Katana is such a smooth efficient shaver...Finishing the shave off with a few generous squirts of Milton-Lloyd President EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sun 6 SE SOTD
Soap Ach Brito Mogno
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor Yaqi SE Katana
Blade Euromax Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Proraso Green Splash & Balm
Pleasant scent, creamy & slick lather from the soap.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was quite nice riding the cap. Quite smooth, comfortable & efficient in 3passes without any issues for a bbs to dfs result. Aftershaves were excellent on an oven-hot & humid day!
20210606_113732.jpg

06/06/21
Pre: Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Faux Tortoise
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Baxter's of California Balm
Aftershave: Pinaud Brandy Spice
Wk23 (2).JPG
A nice bit of early morning sink time today.
A very thick, slick, face-lather from the MWF and Chubby synth, The Dart fitted with the Voskhod, its also been a while since i used one of these, i do have a 100 pack in the "box of plenty" as i did find them good to use in most razors, (they seemed all the rage a few years ago on the blade merry-go-round) not the sharpest blade in the box and i find them smooth, so ideal for the Dart.
I completed a WTG pass using short, light strokes and this cleared most of the stubble, the second pass was a ATG/XTG mix again using short, light and deliberate targeted strokes on my stubborn areas, after a rinse off, i am done, BBS in 2.
1st time use of the Baxter's, I jumped on the at around the £4 mark, you need very little, it does smell a bit synthetic compared to most i use but does the job. A splash of Pinaud giving some indication on the jawline although nothing much.
Very happy with that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom