SOTD : Saturday 3th July to Friday 9nd July 2021.

dkpwatson64_1625668405.jpg

While it may be warmer than winter, it’s as wet and grey as winter, so I gave myself a treat with the light, fresh, sea-sidey shave with P&B’s Trafalgar. It’s sadly now discontinued, but I have insured I have adequate stock to keep me going for a while. :)

I used the Chubby 3 in the shower and the creamy lather was a joy. The splash is just as good and lasts for a good few hours. Think ozone, freshness and being near the sea. Superb stuff!

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves!

Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Soap: P&B Trafalgar
Brush: Simpson’s Chubby Three BB
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: P&B Trafalgar
Bowl: Face Lather

08/07/21
Pre: Shower, Cold water Face Rinse
Brush: Zenith 506 Copper
Soap: OSP Neroli
Razor: ATT Windsor CR1
Blade: NOS Permasharp Supreme (2)
Post shave: Cold water splash, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: OSP Neroli
View attachment 73179
MMmmm! Neroli @RussellR5555 ;)
A lovely shave!
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.
Ha Ha stinking up the house again :)

Thursday AM 2021-07-08
National Coca Cola Day
okdyGWa.jpg

Rooney Polo 1 Ivory Finest (24/54)
XPEC Original shaving cream (vintage Forester Milan version) + Bulgarian Rose Absolute
Wolfman WR1-SB 0.74/Triad Aristocrat Brass & Stainless Steel
Wilkinson Sword 'New' (9)
Aramis Tuscany aftershave

The cream is one of the love-it-or-hate it ones, and I love it, especially when its lather is toned down by a few drops of the rose absolute. For some reason the razor/blade combination was extraordinarily smooth today. And the citrus-fougère Tuscany aftershave is always wonderful.
rcsEMVM.jpg

Thursday 8th July

Cream - Dior Eau Sauvage
Brush - Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Marble Handle
Razor - Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Post - Dior Eau Sauvage Aftershave
Sent - Dior Eau Sauvage Extreme EdT

Full on Eau Sauvage shave tonight
I'm transformed from.a hot and sweaty thing to a refreshed and sweet smelling one

Happy shaves you lot

Thursday 8th July

AM-JKLU6XpuZniHfakVDV3oY5L6VvzU_LL9lVZ9clB5TnNCSaYb4uo1Khvhrb5HKiZ-B_4qek9Ix17bQbcvV4h_hNLwB39jsRHYavTa0HycQvYaMqoew-QvcTfwrD5V0a7yUYw_FMJpAgOuXdznhJpz_shfx9w=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
The Mighty Mighty Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Haryali DeLuxe (White) w/Synthetic 22mm
Gillette New (Long Slot)
Gillette Platinum (1) White
Brut Alaska Aftershave

After a trio of shaves with the (new) Gillette Platinum in the blue pack, I'm trying out the older white pack ...

I have some notes from years ago, where I rated these blades at 3.5/5 which is about right as I'm now fully decimal and the blue pack pulled (just) a 7/10. Happy to say, I had a mildly better first shave with the (older) white pack. Smoother, where the blue pack was just rough. Sharp enough for a single pass with a few touch-ups.

All good, though ...

Yoghurty thick lather from the MWF and a good splash of Brut Alaska, which is not a million miles in scent from Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla; more green than it is snowy. Perhaps they should have called it Brut Iceland?

9459563C-3AFD-4887-87DE-8C11A336A655.jpegPrep: Hot Shower
Brush: Shavemac 26mm 2band silvertip badger bulb
Razor: MMOC
Blade: PTFE GEM (2)
Lather: OSP - grey soap scent?
Post Shave: Figaro Bluice, Bart's balm - Specimen D

Great first outing with MMOC. Little bit bitey in 2-3 places but other than that excellent shave. 2 passes got me a DFS+ . Not too bad considering it was MMOC.

Last edited:
Thursday 8th July

Cream - Dior Eau Sauvage
Brush - Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Marble Handle
Razor - Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Post - Dior Eau Sauvage Aftershave
Sent - Dior Eau Sauvage Extreme EdT

Full on Eau Sauvage shave tonight
I'm transformed from.a hot and sweaty thing to a refreshed and sweet smelling one

Happy shaves you lot
I think we can all agree - we have this week's Eau Sauvage Top Trumps winner. :):) - I.

Back
Top Bottom