SOTD : Saturday 3th July to Friday 9nd July 2021.

That case and razor set look superb. Was it bought as is, or did you pair them up afterwards?
Got to admit I made it up afterwards, the case had an Original NOS techmatic in it with paperwork and I got it for peanuts, I only wanted the case specifically for the slim, it cleaned up nicely with some tender care and leather food. I do believe all these types of kits were made up by 3rd parties and Gillette only sold in boxes or presentation cases.
Could be wrong.
PS
The techmatic shaves OK, which reminds me - - - - -
T

07/07/21
Pre: Shower
Brush: Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap: OSP Orange and Patchouli
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable H3 #6
Blade: Personna Med Prep (5 and out)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: OSP Orange and Patchouli
View attachment 73123
5 and out for the Med Prep, i have had 7 shaves from one of these, today it was still smooth and comfortable, the Birth-year Slim producing a very enjoyable 3 pass shave leaving me BBS and smiling from ear to ear.
The software and post shave routine were just fantastic.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All
Love the sound of that soap but i guess it’s unobtainable now

Razor = Gillette Slim ( 7 )
Blade = Gillette Nacet ( 2 )
Brush = Shavemac 24mm Badger
Soap = Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Splash = Myrsol Astringent
Balm = Barts Balm’s Sample.

Excellent shave today.
In a thread earlier today we were speaking about the Gillette Slim Adjustable so it was only right i used no other.
A truly wonderful razor.
The Brush was a buy from the BST on here from Dobbo25 and it’s absolute class.
The Soap was a gift from Paul @blademonley around 6-7 months ago and it’s probably the best soap even although i keep it in the Boots The Chemist Dish
The balm has a wonderful feeling on the face although i can’t quite tell the scent.
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Boys
072F78AC-2C3C-4985-B3C5-58E55F7B4AF1.png

Wednesday AM 2021-07-07
Roswell, NM, UFO sighting on this date, 1947
z2WqaV6.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Faux Horn Finest (24/54)
Ethos Grooming Mélange d'Agrumes shaving soap
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass/R2
Wilkinson Sword 'New' (8)
Ethos Grooming Mélange d'Agrumes aftershave

A very refreshing shave with some of my favorite software for warm days.
RTNQ9qf.jpg

Wednesday 7th July

AM-JKLX64qF529UFBGPrNirebpjvffq1aDOOwdanhjyn1PpzRGWyrGYiItNWE0vq2vLmlJjFCj65Ru3WY7YiLW6H1QmQARQT9DAYvgRZuF8dRJjI4zPjc8UDSvnNNXQ3Sz_wOvSNaEIarx1VqG3pF_rzTBzR_Q=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Bee Clean Honey & Peppermint Shaving Soap
Haryali DeLuxe (Grey) w/Synthetic 22mm
Gillette New RFB
Gillette Platinum (3) Blue
Brut Original Aftershave

I had high hopes for these new Gillette Platinum blades, but alas, with three shaves I'm left wanting ...

As I've said of so many blades, it's sharp enough (although "sharp" is not its most revealed character) but it was not a smooth shave and despite three shaves where I consciously made the lightest of touches, I'm left with some burn and a couple of bumps on my neck/throat area. Whereas many other blades can be forgiven for the "sharp enough" if they're also "smooth enough", these blades don't measure up - they get the job done, but it's a rough ride. Shame ... sub-7/10 which is just below par and a tick below "acceptable" for me. Not a blade I'd want to buy in any quantity, nor use again in the immediate future. That said, I've got a pack of the older white box Platinum blades to compare with next shave.

But what's that soap I'm using?

Bee Clean Honey & Peppermint? Yeah! I really wanted a peppermint soap. Not menthol, not eucalyptus, not tea tree. Alas, the new OSP offering of a herbal shave missed the opportunity to complete a small bunch of herbs with peppermint and opted for menthol. I saw that TOBS do a Peppermint cream. Tempted. But, eBaying, or Googling, or Etsying or whatever I was doing, I spotted this soap from Bee Clean and the ingredient list rather caught my eye, what with it being all manner of good stuff including rapeseed oil, which is something I am VERY enjoying with my pre-shave soap from Ganders Goat Soaps.

Ingredients? Sodium Stearate, Sodium Lardate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Castorate, Aqua, Sodium Rapeseedate, Mel, Sheep Milk, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Mentha Piperita Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil & Sodium Chloride. So, some good fats there! rapeseed oil, since I'm curious as to how that might perform in a shaving soap, there's honey (from Yorkshire Bees, no less ... so you know that bit of it is reet and proper), there's sheep milk, then some herbals - borageseed oil, peppermint and lavender.

On paper, all good ...

But is it a shaving soap? I know, I know ... there are so many "shaving soaps" from competent home soap makers who rather miss the point and think big suds equates to "lots of lather", leaving you with yet another disappointing puck that you relegate to bath soap. Well, I am happy to say that it does lather up like a shaving soap producing a dense and protective lather which can be just about encouraged to build volume, but that it where it stops. It lathers well, it's dense, not especially voluminous despite teasing that it might be given it's quite thirsty. It doesn't fade away through the shave and the residual on the brush is certainly adequate for a second (and perhaps third) pass.

I took a single pass and then lathered up again afterwards to give it some more water gradually to see if it really could build up in volume. It doesn't. That's not a problem as the lather that it does build is certainly adequate and the gentle cooling is wonderful! Bob-on! Certainly a soap I'm going to be happy using again and again through the summer months; not necessarily a soap I'd shout about from the rooftops ... but the curious might do worse than have a look at: https://www.beecleansoaps.co.uk/collections/mens-shaving-products ... and if you want more volume, maybe blend it with an Italian croap that's gone hard and lost its almond scent.

When it first arrived, I test-lathered up with a boar brush. Tonight, given proper use, it was a synthetic brush. Both achieved the same end result and with the test lather, the boar didn't magic away the lather left on the brush.

Positive.

Ahhh! Brut Original. Stay classy, Gents!

SOTD : 8th July 2021.

128.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega 49.
Face Lather.
Lather : Wilkinson Sword Soap Bowl.
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE. (D6)
Razor: Ever-Ready 1912. (ENG)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals. Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Lidl Cien Aqua ASL./ Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Finishing my shaving week off in style with my favourite and much loved ER 1912 (UK) which performed wonderfully cutting through my stubble effortlessly...This is the most visually attractive in my small Ever-Ready SE razor collection. The Art Deco style handle is Stunning.

A Enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Hi! Shave #35:
v0uQhfC.jpg

Pre: Bioetyc Uomo 3in1.
Lather: Bioetyc Uomo 3in1.
Brush: .
Razor: RazoRock Lupo.
Blade: Voshkod (#1).

Shave #36:
4A5NHFA.jpg

Pre: handmade olive oil soap.
Lather: B&M Seville.
Brush: Vielong 16510 silvertip.
Razor: Gillette Slim.
Blade: Voshkod (#2).

Take care and have a nice day!

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Thursday 8th July 2021

Shave Score 10.0 \ 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \Baxters Face Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: Extro - Arancia Italiana
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: RR CG .84 SB
Blade: Gillette London Bridge (1)
Post Shave ASL: Figaro - Ambra
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balms - Ben Nevis (yes I know the pictures wrong)
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

A pleasant surprise today, first time of trying a London Bridge in the GC .84, extremely efficient and smooth especially ATG, this seems a great partnership between blade and razor :)

A perfect FF/BBS Shave.

Have a good day all.

Joe

IMG_1232.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom