SOTD : Saturday 3th July to Friday 9nd July 2021.

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Wednesday 7th July 2021

Shave Score 10.0 \ 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ Baxters Face Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Soap: RR Saturnia
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: RR CG .84 SB
Blade: Gillette Super Thin (2)
Post Shave ASL: Figaro - RR Saturnia
Post Shave Balm: Baxters Balm
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

A perfect FF/BBS Shave, that is all :)

Have a good day all.

Joe

IMG_1229.jpeg

211760757_525350038614233_7149503948469825755_n.jpg
Prep: Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: TFS Professional
Brush: Multicolour DS Cosmetics handle with 26mm Ubersoft knot
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette London Bridge (4)

I stole back my DS Cosmetics brush, which has been co-opted by my wife. I think it needs a harder soap to cope with the amount of water it can hold, as the initial lather was heavy on the bubbles. After squeezing the death out of it, the TFS sprang to life. Fourth day with the London Bridge, and it is definitely one of the best blades out there (YMMV ;) ) I can see another day left in it for me - at least. Right, off to p*** my wife off again and lean over her while she works asking for her input on yet another scent. After all, she's the one who has to put up with the many new items that have arrived in the last six months, so only fair she gets a say. Not sure she cares as much as I do to be honest though :unsure::p

Wed 7 SR SOTD
Soap RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Razor Friedr. Herder Abr. Sohn 77
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Alum + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + TGS Abysso
Super nice soap. Really love this unique scent plus the lather is creamy and slick too.
Shave with the razor was enjoyable but still unable to achieve good efficiency. 3passes for a sas result and just a tiny red dot.
Seems like requires more practice or is it the edge?
20210707_140609.jpg

Prep: Shower with PAA cube unscented.

Pre: PAA cube.

Soap: Wickhams Soap Co. super smooth sandalwood

Brush: PAA Phantom Aerolite Synthetic Shaving Brush

Razor: Tatara Masamune

Blade: Astra SP

So this was my first try out with my new toy the Tatara Masamune. (Thanks again @ATG) It’s really an amazing bit of kit, milder and smoother than my homelike start which is already an excellent razor, but also more efficient! It only confirms to me I fell into the mistake early on in my transition to wet shaving that adjustables we’re better, when in fact both non adjustables and non adjustables both have their merits!
Where as today I’d normally be beginning to feel a bit of stubble growth by now, I’m still BBS. The Wickhams along with the Barts sample has given me an amazingly soft post shave feel.

Attachments

• 0A956BB1-7E44-47D9-B6AA-834F43A3F17B.jpeg
    0A956BB1-7E44-47D9-B6AA-834F43A3F17B.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 4
7/7/21

Brush - Zenith Euro X
Soap - MWF
Razor - Gillette Flat Bottom Tech
Blade - Gillette Minora Stainless (12)
Balm - Butters Creamy Goodness G
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum

IMG_20210707_114624.jpg

We grew up in simple times.

If we turned on our 12" rental televisions to watch the pop music of the day, we didn't see the American singer Cardi B singing about her reproductive organs but we watch the Happy Mondays, and the greatest member of all their dancer Bez with dexterity and grace like nothing that been seen before.

All that we needed was Bez.

And all that Bez needed were drugs.

Lots and lots of drugs.

wwalkman-23062018-lede-gif.gif

It truly was a time of innocence.

Tuesday 6th July

Cream - Body Shop Maca Root
Brush - Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor - Timeless 0.68 SB SS Scalloped
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Post - Supeedrig Forest Fresh Aftershave

Timeless, Silver Blue & Maca Root cream = a very comfortable shave
I've yet to try the new Maca Root formula, and I doubt it could perform better?
"The shaving cream remains the same with the new Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe formula". The new Maca Root & Aloe is exactly the same, the only difference it has a slightly fresher scent and a new label. More importantly it's performance is still outstandingly good...For slickness performance and post shave feel this non-expensive shaving cream is amazingly good.

07/07/21
Pre: Shower
Brush: Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap: OSP Orange and Patchouli
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable H3 #6
Blade: Personna Med Prep (5 and out)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: OSP Orange and Patchouli
Wk 27 (11).JPG
5 and out for the Med Prep, i have had 7 shaves from one of these, today it was still smooth and comfortable, the Birth-year Slim producing a very enjoyable 3 pass shave leaving me BBS and smiling from ear to ear.
The software and post shave routine were just fantastic.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
Williams Wednesday- 7th July

The Grosvenor - 404 mixed
Williams Mug Soap
Schick "O" Clone
Schick S/S Twin- Japan [ 3 ]
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion.

Using a Twin blade is getting to be a treat these days, they have got so expensive that I will have to eke out my remaining stock.This Razor/Blade combo is very smooth, and so it is very easy to work hard at getting an ultra close finish without any problems occurring.
Despite the expense, I would recommend all Injector fans to get a pack just to get the best out of the Razors they were designed for. After all it is the quality of a blade that helps a Shave go well, a good lather does not depend one having a high end brush- today the little 404 mixed worked so well with the Williams.

IMG_1554.jpg

Last edited:
Today’s shave ,

Prep ….., Face wash, L’Oreal cleansing gel
Soap. ….. Mogno
Brush …. Beehive/ maggards 26mm shd
Razor. ….. Rockwell 6s. (5)
Blade. ….. GSB
Asb. ……. Baxters
ASL. ……. Floid.

Rubbed the Mogno straight onto a damp face and the brush with its lovely soft tips created a superb lather. The Rockwell and the GSB made short work of the stubble . Super smooth...... Happy.
Stay safe ,keep smiling :)

97A72485-B852-4897-9036-C52A6B954799.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom