SOTD : Saturday 3th July to Friday 9nd July 2021.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Autumn Glory
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #9
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

SOTD : 3rd July 2021.

125.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega S10018.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Omega Eucalyptus Shaving Cream.
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE.(D4)
Razor: Gem Micromatic OC.

Cold Water Face & Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Alcolado Glacial Mentholated Splash Lotion. /Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

Vintage SE razor Week.

A new shave set up to start the weekend...After a long run with my DE razors I'm making this a vintage SE razor week as it's been a while since i added them to my razor rotation.

Starting with the Micromatic OC...Like my other vintage SE razors my shaving angle is almost sliding flat against the skin using short strokes with each pass. The Gem Micromatic OC is the most efficient of all my vintage SE razors that mows down my stubble with effortless ease showing no mercy....However as with any razor i shave with regardless if it's aggressive or non-aggressive, respect good technique shaving confidence, & no pressure is essential.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face is feeling cool & super smooth.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Sat 3rd SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Mountain Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Henckels & Friodur 472 1st Use after Jnat honed
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Excellent qualities from Stirling as usual. Nice scent, even nicer lather...creamy and slick!
The shave with this razor which I have had since 2019 but never shave-ready and thus never used...after being honed on jnat...was friggin AWESOME!! The experience was a smooth buttery edge...at no time I felt it catching nor skip during the atg pass even on the upper lips. Felt very comfortable...Amazingly it was efficient too. 3passes for a between bbs to dfs finish without any nicks, weepers nor irritation which is my first! Woohooo!!
I always thought a hollow razor tends to chatter going atg but this razor proves me wrong! I love it! This razor edge felt so much better than the previous 2...or so it seems...looking at the picture...is it a belied hollow?
Aftershaves were terrific too.
20210702_200021.jpg20210703_104957.jpg

As a start to a new week of SOTD's I begin with a shave themed 'Satanfriendly's Best Friend'

IMG_20210702_161803.jpg

Lucifer's razor - Occams Enoch
The blade of Beezlebub - Titan Mild
Mephistophelse's medium - Menrock Scicilian lime cream
Belial's brush - Wee whisky barrel

My best friend? I don't have one, but I did have a smashing shave.

Definitely not me love

Have a very peaceful weekend one and all. And while you are having some peace have some Blood Stain Child to add a different dimension to it all.

A great piece of music accompanied by shorts from the excellent Manga film, 'King of thorns'

Today's shave:

rdt21070391jba.jpg

- Speick
- Semogue FA 2019 LE Silvertip
- Feather AS-D2 with Sputnik blade
- Speick aftershave lotion

:D

Saturday, 3 July

PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade Astra sp (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Eucrus

My Saturday setup with an Astra for this week’s blade. Another smooth, three-pass shave. Have a good start to the weekend folks.

Saturday 3rd July

Preshave - Heno De Pravia
Soap - MDC Original (sample)
Bowl - Ceramic Tapas Bowl
Brush - Yaqi Purple Haze Mew Brown
Razor - Blackland Vector
Blade - Schick Proline P (4)
Post - Pre De Provence No63 Balm
Scent - Penhalligons Endymion Cologne

I'm afraid I'm not impressed with MDC Original. It lacked in every department, despite it looking like a decent thick and glossy lather. I'm pleased it's only a sample and not a full jar.
My skin needed hydration post shave, hence the No63 Balm- it's good stuff, and a little goes a long way.

Enjoy your weekend gentlemen

F527972D-BC4B-4D9F-ADE7-B5829F32EDC7.jpeg

Yourshaving 8th Year Anniversary Vegan Soap by Joserra
Mühle Edition 1 Carbon STF
Carbon Shaving Cx-Titan Two-tone
Feather DE Blade

An outstanding shave with a really superb lather

I recently got the Captains Choice Copper lathering bowl, which have been a kind of eyeopener for me.

I usually facelather and loads direct from the soap tub. The bowl combined with a 1/2-3/4 of a teaspoon of product,
makes it easy to make that glossy, well hydrated and very slick lather we're all looking for.

I have found, that with most of these Artisan soaps one needs more product than I have used previously.
Because of that I have started to use a measurement spoon which contains 1/2 a teaspoon.

You may notice a small hole in the spoon. The spoon is actually for making little balls of fruit or cheese,
but the hole helps when I scoop the soap as it does not stick to the spoon so much.

6CFB45A5-8532-4668-9EA6-3287AC7A9602.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_20210701small.jpg

Despite the mug, it's not Old Spice in there, it’s actually a sample of Stirling Soap’s Coconut Lime. It smells delicious, like a Caribbean cocktail and perfect for some summery, warm weather.

It has a stronger coconut smell, with the lime being an undercurrent but you can definitely detect it. I thought it would best be matched with the pineapple scents in Creed Aventus, another tropical flavour.

As I have a Feather AC Super Pro blade out, remaining from my last shave with the Vector, I thought I would bung it in the Hawk, which has not seen any action since early May. I went carefully and enjoyed a really excellent shave.

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves!

Razor: Razorock Hawk v3
Blade: Feather AC Super Pro (3)
Soap: Stirling Coconut Lime
Brush: Semogue 830
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: Creed Aventus
Bowl: Face Lather

[IMG]

[IMG]
Two Pass Shaving Routine..
[IMG]

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Otto Busch World Master Silver Sheffield Steel Full Hollow 6/8th
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
Wickham 1912 Soap
Witch Hazel

I had a Lovely Shave Today with My Shiny Silver Steel Otto Busch World Master Solingen 6/8th..This Solingen Ground Sheffield Blade is a Heavy Grind Compared to Some Full Hollow Grinds Grinds..Its a Real Delight on Das Coupon..Wunderbar..
[IMG]

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..
[IMG]

Billy..
[IMG]

209439213_340298757586660_1301648430835637719_n.jpg
Prep: Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: TFS Professional
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (3)

Postie got here early today, and brought with him a package from @BartsBalm . So this week will be all about the balms, baby:cool: I've kept the setup as neutral as possible, with the TFS having the faintest whiff of almond, but much more pared down than Figaro or Cella. The past week has produced shave after shave that have been the most consistent and of the best quality I've ever experienced, and I'm attributing this partly going back to the Tech and refining what I started before Christmas last year. The Merkur/Gillette pairing sits equally with the Super-Max Blue Diamond Platinum, and the witch hazel cleared the way to sample the balm. The balm itself? It's Barts so you know how good it is, but no comment shall pass my lips with regard to scent profiles or my faves of the week, as per the nature of the testing. Suffice to say I'm looking forward to the next few shaves:giggle:

Have a great weekend gents, and if your side's in action then I wish you good luck - whoever you support (y)

Back
Top Bottom