SOTD : Saturday 3th July to Friday 9nd July 2021.

Prep: Shower with Baxter’s of California face scrub.

Pre: PAA cube unscented

Soap: Stirling Campania

Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia

Razor: Tatara Masamune

Blade: Astra SP

The Masamune is just fantastic, smooth and efficient every time, manoeuvrable and light to handle, I just can’t find a fault. Maybe a little more aggression would help but I’ll try it with a sharper blade and think that will help increase it that way. The soap is amazing I’ve yet to find a Stirling soap I do t love and the Campania is an amazing mix of citrus, fig and cedar. Genuinely reminds me of being in my Fathers region of Italy.
Anyway a fabulous shave all round and the Barts sample complemented the soap well.

Attachments

• E8A57501-790A-437A-B007-782E6F2E45C1.jpeg
    E8A57501-790A-437A-B007-782E6F2E45C1.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 2
I think we can all agree - we have this week's Eau Sauvage Top Trumps winner. :):) - I.

Hate to poo poo the party. Not here. Not a great fan. Prefer Goutal Monsieur which is a similar family but more refined to my dead incapable nose.

But do feel free to give me an 'angry', or if there was one, 'You pathetic man of no taste who needs to learn better'

Last edited:
View attachment 73201Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: Shavemac 26mm 2band silvertip badger bulb
Razor: MMOC
Blade: PTFE GEM (2)
Lather: OSP - grey soap scent?
Post Shave: Figaro Bluice, Bart's balm - Specimen D

Great first outing with MMOC. Little bit bitey in 2-3 places but other than that excellent shave. 2 passes got me a DFS+ . Not too bad considering it was MMOC.
Put it flat on your face, great razor!

Fri 9 SOTD
Soap Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor RazoRock G37 Slant
Blade Polsilver Super Iridium 2nd (good enough after-all)
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Wonderful aroma upon opening this soap tub...been a while since using it. Really like the leathery tobacconist scent plus it was slick enough.
The shave with this favorite razor paired with the blade was good as always and no issues in 3passes for a bbs to dfs result. It was quite smooth and comfortable especially during the atg pass on the chin and lips area...so unlike the blade's initial use. Enjoyable session.
20210709_093603.jpg

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Baker Street
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette Minora Stainless #11
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

Prep: Shower with PAA cube.

Pre: PAA cube

Soap: P&B spitfire.

Brush: Yaqi Cavern Lake two band badger.

Razor: Homelike Start

Blade: Persona

It was nice to compare this directly to the Masamune and as much I love the Start, for some reason on short stubble growth it seems mildly less efficient. I sense though it will be better on a few days worth, or maybe it’s just me trying to justify purchasing both in the last month!
The soap created loads of lovely light foam and I think my first try with the P&B range. I’d experiment again with it but I’m not sure it’s one of my favourites. The scent was lovely I just prefer creamier soaps.
The Bart’s sample was ace again but not one of my favourite scent wise in comparison to all the rest I’ve tried so far.

Attachments

• 78A1E694-E28B-4CCE-BE24-12F3C8FD05C9.jpeg
    78A1E694-E28B-4CCE-BE24-12F3C8FD05C9.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 3
215256517_545756566842778_2499759592343899314_n.jpg
Prep: Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: TFS Professional
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Chianti Tuxedo
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)

I've come to the conclusion that I prefer a milder razor with a sharp blade rather than trying to tame a more aggressive driver. Maybe this is why I've found the Merkur such a pleasure to use. Once the balm test is over, I'll re-introduce the Parker 22R - which I always felt was a fair bit more aggressive - to see if it was my technique or the razor that gave that impression. London Bridge swapped out for a Nacet, and it's done a grand job. I can honestly say this is the longest run of fault-free shaves I've experienced. No irritation, weepers or any other blemish throughout this extended setup use (not that issues were common previously.) My other soaps and ASLs are feeling neglected though, and I can't wait to reintroduce some variety - but the blades recently have been a revelation through the Merkur and previously through the Tech.

Fri 9th July

Stirling Syn. 26mm
P & B Citra Royale
Schick "O" Clone
Schick S/S Twin - Japan [ 5 ]
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Had 4 days consecutive Shaves with The "O" Clone, today I was perhaps not concentrating but the finish was rather patchy in certain areas. Perhaps one more tomorrow ,then end the rotation with an N3/Twin blade combo.

IMG_1556.jpg

Back
Top Bottom