SOTD : Saturday 3th July to Friday 9nd July 2021.

View attachment 73268

SOTD
Pre: Hot Shower
Soap: PAA Diver Down
Brush: PAA Amber Aerolite 24mm Synthetic
Razor: New Wilkinson Sword Classic Blade: Cloud Bruce Lee (1)
A/S: PAA Diver Down
Balm: PAA Diver Down Star Jelly
Love it
just bought it myself last night but never saw the balm on the website

Friday 9th July

AM-JKLWrQZQKbd23kksSJ9e9Cz2LHEMyCu0sevSHvvcFnikoh1-eW0F9VofbeVYVo-bYh_uO0nStLKJlz5k8XS6ai59qTycfiu96Djjim5acMeeNL51zaw87wpl2iLmprRRFVQTsKDGE8lF31zTCqz27G0AWSA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Hampshire Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Haryali DeLuxe (White) w/Synthetic 22mm
Gillette New (Long Slot)
Gillette Platinum (2) White
Brut Musk Aftershave

At last ...

At last, this blade has now mellowed and I'm getting the shave I expected - not especially sharp, but smooth. The last blade I used from the newer blue pack Gillette Platinum and it was just rough throughout and not sharp. Quite horrible, actually and not meeting the standard of the worst of the Super Platinum blades from India. This white one is now at least up to the standard of the worst of the SuperMax. Tolerable. To be frank, I wasn't looking forward to it this evening, so the mellowing was a welcome surprise.

Friday 9th July

AM-JKLWrQZQKbd23kksSJ9e9Cz2LHEMyCu0sevSHvvcFnikoh1-eW0F9VofbeVYVo-bYh_uO0nStLKJlz5k8XS6ai59qTycfiu96Djjim5acMeeNL51zaw87wpl2iLmprRRFVQTsKDGE8lF31zTCqz27G0AWSA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Hampshire Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Haryali DeLuxe (White) w/Synthetic 22mm
Gillette New (Long Slot)
Gillette Platinum (2) White
Brut Musk Aftershave

At last ...

At last, this blade has now mellowed and I'm getting the shave I expected - not especially sharp, but smooth. The last blade I used from the newer blue pack Gillette Platinum and it was just rough throughout and not sharp. Quite horrible, actually and not meeting the standard of the worst of the Super Platinum blades from India. This white one is now at least up to the standard of the worst of the SuperMax. Tolerable. To be frank, I wasn't looking forward to it this evening, so the mellowing was a welcome surprise.

If it's crap, ditch it, life's too short to be wasting time on crap.

The last shave of this week's SOTD's complete with a theme called 'Thank you very much and good night'

IMG_20210709_005953.jpg

Merci beaucoup - Colonial General V2
Dziękuję Ci bardzo - Feather Super Professional
どうもありがとうございました - Yaqi Mew Brown
Wat de fok is dit? - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos
শুভ রাত্রি - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos Cologne

A shave driven by @Scorpio93 and a wonderful piece of enabling. This one was worth it though and no guilt felt for getting someone else to part with hard earned cash. What a bloody soap this Krokos is. Just to rub it in though, so is the Cologne. Get some matey.

Super duper shave and happy bunnyism.

Be a happy rabbit

Ain't that just so fucking cute?

Have a great weekend shaving folk and I do love you all. Have some Japanese girlie's all free of cost. And as a special gift you can have all 19 minutes of 'Lulufin the woohoo live'

Thank you very much and good night

If it's crap, ditch it, life's too short to be wasting time on crap.
I very nearly started tonight's post with exactly this: "life is too short ... I simply don't like these blades" and move on.

It is only for my own sense of self-satisfaction that I am running each blade through three goes. Some blades have indeed been ditched at one or two shaves because they simply were horrible! I've always repeated with a fresh blade of the same type in case of a dud. These are Gillettes and their Platinum line - there should not be any duds.

I think I rather came to this conclusion several years ago when I first came to traditional shaving and began with a DE. I moved on to single edge with a 1912 very quickly and have only really come back to double edge the last year or so ...

But yes, I rather think I came to this conclusion last time. I don't really like Russian Gillettes. Having run through the 7 O'Clocks recently, I liked the Indian ones, hated the Russian green and (oddly) loved the Russian yellow. So there is merit in going through the process again - in this case, I found that the Russian yellow could easily be one of my go-to blades. The exception that proves the rule. I'm happy with the Gillettes coming out of Shanghai for the eastern markets.

Maybe I should put this box of various Gillettes aside and have a month or so of something I know I will enjoy: that run through my now considerable catalogue of Treet and Lord blades. Those six weeks with SuperMax were a lot of fun and only one blade that really did not measure up, ditched after one and a second also ditched at one shave.

jvDDTzv.jpg

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: Yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
Razor: Carbon CX-316L Cx gap: .68mm
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Lather: RazoRock - XXX - Soap
Post Shave: RazoRock - XXX - Aftershave

Razor has arrived yesterday so it would be rude not to give it a go today.

First impression is that it does look quite elegant. Like the handle that was loaded with the head already.
Did grab the other two however will pass on trying them out - titanium feels too light to me (I prefer heavier razors), and knurling on the other SS handle doesn't feel as good in hand as this one. The only comment is that I wish it would be ever so slightly thicker in the middle.

For the sake of experiment - I have loaded the razor with one of my favourite blades - gillette nacet. Very easy to find the angle - felt quite natural, although in couple moments I found myself going a bit too shallow, riding the cap too much. It was probably due to me being so used to razors with bigger top caps. 3 passes for BBS on a face and DFS for the neck.

A really smooth razor - felt like it was gliding across my face. This plate setup kind of reminded me of gillette tech - if it was just more efficient and bit smoother. Definitely a razor that can easily be used as a daily driver (well says me - and I've done 30 daily shaves in June with blackbird only haha).

Definitely looking forward to trying more aggressive plates next as those probably will suit me more.

Finished off with Razorock XXX aftershave and bart's balm specimen E.

The last shave of this week's SOTD's complete with a theme called 'Thank you very much and good night'

View attachment 73283

Merci beaucoup - Colonial General V2
Dziękuję Ci bardzo - Feather Super Professional
どうもありがとうございました - Yaqi Mew Brown
Wat de fok is dit? - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos
শুভ রাত্রি - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos Cologne

A shave driven by @Scorpio93 and a wonderful piece of enabling. This one was worth it though and no guilt felt for getting someone else to part with hard earned cash. What a bloody soap this Krokos is. Just to rub it in though, so is the Cologne. Get some matey.

Super duper shave and happy bunnyism.

Be a happy rabbit

Ain't that just so fucking cute?

Have a great weekend shaving folk and I do love you all. Have some Japanese girlie's all free of cost. And as a special gift you can have all 19 minutes of 'Lulufin the woohoo live'

Thank you very much and good night
This soap is really amazing - I’ll definitely be giving it a go in next few days! And cologne will be on its way after the pay day for sure! Love the scent on the saffron - perfect for relaxing shave! Thank you for enabling Chris!

I very nearly started tonight's post with exactly this: "life is too short ... I simply don't like these blades" and move on.

It is only for my own sense of self-satisfaction that I am running each blade through three goes. Some blades have indeed been ditched at one or two shaves because they simply were horrible! I've always repeated with a fresh blade of the same type in case of a dud. These are Gillettes and their Platinum line - there should not be any duds.

I think I rather came to this conclusion several years ago when I first came to traditional shaving and began with a DE. I moved on to single edge with a 1912 very quickly and have only really come back to double edge the last year or so ...

But yes, I rather think I came to this conclusion last time. I don't really like Russian Gillettes. Having run through the 7 O'Clocks recently, I liked the Indian ones, hated the Russian green and (oddly) loved the Russian yellow. So there is merit in going through the process again - in this case, I found that the Russian yellow could easily be one of my go-to blades. The exception that proves the rule. I'm happy with the Gillettes coming out of Shanghai for the eastern markets.

Maybe I should put this box of various Gillettes aside and have a month or so of something I know I will enjoy: that run through my now considerable catalogue of Treet and Lord blades. Those six weeks with SuperMax were a lot of fun and only one blade that really did not measure up, ditched after one and a second also ditched at one shave.

Paul,

The new Minora Stainless you sent me is a very good blade. One of the sharper Gillette blades, performs like a good run of the mill sharp stainless blade, eg Nacet, Perma Sharp, 7 Yellow.

I think you would like it.

Back
Top Bottom