SOTD : Saturday 3th July to Friday 9nd July 2021.

Prep: Shower with PAA cube.

Pre: PAA cube

Soap: P&B spitfire.

Brush: Yaqi Cavern Lake two band badger.

Razor: Homelike Start

Blade: Persona

It was nice to compare this directly to the Masamune and as much I love the Start, for some reason on short stubble growth it seems mildly less efficient. I sense though it will be better on a few days worth, or maybe it’s just me trying to justify purchasing both in the last month!
The soap created loads of lovely light foam and I think my first try with the P&B range. I’d experiment again with it but I’m not sure it’s one of my favourites. The scent was lovely I just prefer creamier soaps.
The Bart’s sample was ace again but not one of my favourite scent wise in comparison to all the rest I’ve tried so far.
P&B lather is normally excellent. I'd recommend experimenting with it a bit more before dismissing. One of my favourite soap bases.

Friday

MdC Original
Un-named synth brush from a Liz Earle set
Face lather
Gillette Old (U.S.A, 1920s)
Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Bart’s Ben Cruachan after shave lotion

This wee brush had been languishing in a box of Liz Earle stuff I got last year. Whilst it doesn’t have the soft tips of the Plissoft/RazoRock or PAA brushes (and it did shed a bit) it did have enough backbone for a more than acceptable face lather; especially with the superb Martin de Candre. Might be a good travel brush; if travel becomes a thing again.

E80C2FE8-844B-4092-977C-2DD2E67A93CD.jpeg

09/07/21
Pre: Shower, Cold water Face Rinse
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin
Soap: 1912 Citrus Musk
Razor: Karve SB - C Brass
Blade: NOS Permasharp Supreme - Kilbride works (3)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC
Wk 27 (21).JPG
And another Neroli flavoured shave!
A nice one at that, just loving the Karve on the C Plate.
A really good post shave routine to compliment the Wickams soap, i am clean, fresh and BBS.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

PS-Proraso
Brush-Omega Bristle
Soap-Castle Forbes Lavender
Blade-Minora/London Bridge
Razor-Timeless OC/Pearl Flexi
AS-Barts Lavender

This shave got off to a bad start, brand new Minora blade in the Timeless which was a pretty rough draggy experience. I thought the blade was loose but perfectly seated when I checked. There seemed to be a lot of adhesive on the blade wrapper I wonder if some had reached the edge? Dragged out the Pearl Flexi with a London Bridge which saved the day.

Back
Top Bottom