SOTD: Saturday 3 June - Friday 9 June 2023.

Razor = Merkur 45c.
Blade = Vintage Wilko ( 1 ).
Brush = Rubberset 750 & 18mm Boti Pure Badger.
Soap = MSC Vintage Spice
with matching splash.
Balm = Nivea Daily Moisture
IMG_1176.jpeg
I Decided to do a Homaage week to
Old Spice and the first one of the week is a new one for me.
I’m a Master Soap Creations Virgin but going on this one it won’t be the last,
Just like all the Artisans we use it’s as good as any,
I do get the old spice scent although obviously this is their take on it & not meant to be an exact clone.
The shave started off disastrous,
I never checked the blade but once it was in the razor i noticed a touch of rust,
I took it out, gave it a clean & away i went,
First stroke was tuggy but i persevered until i done half my face,
I must have had a dozen or more weepers at this stage so i took it out.
I couldn’t figure out if it was the blade or the razor as i hadn’t used this before either.
In went a Gillette Super Thin ( Vietnam ) ( 1 )
and th shave was like night & day.
After the second pass the job was done,
a highly acceptable shave however i was enjoying it that much i went for the third pass.
I can totally understand where @Gairdner is coming from when he rates his Bakelite highly.
This shave was my best shave yet with Bakelite and i have a few.
I say best shave but clearly the first minute was a disaster.
I’m now unsure whether to bin this blade or give it a go in something different.
I think it’s a bin job to be fair.
Next Shave will be P&B’s Homage to Old Spice
Enjoy the last of your sundays & this great weather we’re having.

31-05-2023

Proraso, Reinfrescante :: Yaqi TFC Brass, Wizamet (# 18) :: Proraso Omega :: Proraso, Eucalipto :: Proraso, Balsamo Dopobarba Protetivo :: Proraso, Lozione Dopobarba

zJknxVY.jpg

01-06-2023

Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Blackland Blackbird Titanium Satin Lite, Wizamet (# 19) :: Yaqi Aquamarine, Highmountain Silvertip :: Barrister & Mann, Marilyn :: Institut Karitè :: Epsilon, Mediterranean Blue

B5RRYKl.jpg

02-06-2023

Proraso, Reinfrescante :: Wolfman Guerrilla SB 0.84 2023, Wizamet (# 20) :: JiM Creative Shaving :: Saponificio Varesino, Dolomiti :: Institut Karitè :: Floïd, The Genuine

AxcTuKY.jpg

03-06-2023

Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Asylum McMurphy 17-4, Wizamet (# 21) :: Yaqi Robin :: Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Proraso, Balsamo Dopobarba Protetivo :: Proraso, Lozione Dopobarba

JucXOOQ.jpg

Salut!

Tech June-kies ...

Sunday 4th June

AJFCJaWC5aCZZrbkcXg0Mcw8U7j22EgWHUR-H0XiSG63rCFEG4p5gn4x3XrAYjfwh5LDBL7eSCifEExloX6Plb0mDJSq_Dwec56HyE_8qjRo1cq8DJxic-seI_k-WufOie_6RDXKdxALclzw-oV3_p8RhFLcQg=w800

Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap & VieLong American Style w/Haryali Synthetic 22mm
Gillette Tech pre-War Canadian & Super Gillette Blue (4)
Pashana Original Aftershave

Running the new formula Mitchell's Wool Fat back to back with the classic and I think my summary is simply that the new formula is good, it really is ... but compared to the classic, which is quite sublime, you might be forgiven in thinking it falls short by a long way. Quite the contrary! The new formula is a top-notch soap and very much at home amongst, say, T&H, Floris & Trumpers Oxford Blue or Officer & Gentleman ... but with lanolin, which is the important part and the very essence of Mitchell's. Yeah, it's not in the same league, but it's far from a mere shadow.

I swapped the top-cap on my Canadian pre-War Tech with an American cap and despite measuring the same blade gap I think there is something infinitesimally small that seems to make that significant difference ... or it's all in my head.

But what a shave! Perfection!

I say that every time I use the classic MWF and have a splash of Pash for afters. The Super Gillette Blue in the pre-War Tech delivered a perfect combination, so much so that I genuinely could not fell the blade in the razor. It's just that one click beyond what I would otherwise call my near-as-damn-it-perfect blade for that behaviour: the Personna Platinum Chrome.

Absolute perfection!

SOTN (Head & Face)

DS Cosmetic S9 - Face
Leaf razor - Head
Stirling Weekend in Malibu (soap & splash)
Alpha Outlaw brush - G5D knot
BIC Chrome Platinum blades
La Roche Posay B5 Balm

I'm not really one for seasonal classification of scents per say but this is one of my favourite "summer" scents - one sniff and I'm in a tropical beach somewhere

Attachments

• 1000004473.jpg
    1000004473.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 5
And a very good evening to you fantastic forum folk. As a follow up to 'Brits abroad' I give you not 'Brits abroad II (The return of the hooligan)', but I do give you this evening's shenanigans with a blade themed, 'Wish you were here (socks included)'

20230604_194455.jpg

Shine on you crazy razor - Muhle R89
Wish you were sharp - Gillette 7-O'Clock
Have a brush - Zenith dark synthetic
Welcome to the cream - Bath House Orange flower
Parts I-V - Collegen night cream

'Welcome to the washing machine'

Sometimes life doesn't need a razor which threatens to rip bits off you, no indeed it does not. What it does require is something mild, pleasant and effective. Enter the 89. A lovely comfortable shave and a lovely comfortable finish. Oh, and thank you Mr Zenith and Mrs Orange Flower.

20230604_151014.jpg

To @Tony'schin in Crete from Sr Satan in St.Diablo De Amigos en Mersey. 'Wish you were here'. No I don't.

Have a great one people

And over to Blood Stain Child and yes they are Japanese, yes they do have a girly vocalist and yes the best looking trans guitarist on planet rock.....

Last edited:
View attachment 106878

IMG_1866.jpeg

SOTD: 03/06/2023

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Schick Proline P-30, 5th use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Iceni Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix & Beau Iceni Aftershave
Balm: Phoenix & Beau Iceni Balm

I love P&B’s base, it lathers easily and just makes my skin feel great everytime I use it. This is a new addition to the den and despite loving the soap it does seem surprisingly mild scent wise. No matter it has claimed a place in the den for the foreseeable future on its performance alone and post shave feeling.
I am very jealous. I do like P&B stuff. Iceni was I believe a limited edition run and I only managed to get the soap. You Sir, have got the holy trinity, well done.

Back
Top Bottom