SOTD: Saturday 3 June - Friday 9 June 2023.

20230603_142825.jpg

Preshave - Pears Transparent
Razor - Rockwell 6S (R5)
Blade - Cloud Bruce Lee
Brush - Omega Boar
Soap - Cup Of Leftovers
Balm - Champneys

20230603_142949.jpg

Been using the Campneys as a moisturiser for a while. Love the smell. So today I tried it as an AS balm for the first time. Unfortunately, as balms often do it buggered up a great shave and left my face prickly. Washed it off and applied Tabac splash and all was well again..

I shouldn't use balms after a shave. Ever.

Tech June-kies ...

Friday 2nd June

AJFCJaWC5aCZZrbkcXg0Mcw8U7j22EgWHUR-H0XiSG63rCFEG4p5gn4x3XrAYjfwh5LDBL7eSCifEExloX6Plb0mDJSq_Dwec56HyE_8qjRo1cq8DJxic-seI_k-WufOie_6RDXKdxALclzw-oV3_p8RhFLcQg=w800

Mitchell's Wool Fat (Vegetal) Shaving Soap & VieLong American Style w/Haryali Synthetic 22mm
Gillette Tech pre-War Canadian & Super Gillette Blue (3)
Pashana Original Aftershave

First go for real (like a shave, rather than a play lather) with the new formulation Mitchell's Woolf Fat and I am very happy with it indeed! Not as immediate to pull up that yogurty thickness, but it does come along quite quickly. Likely, those folks who struggle to get a lather will now find that they can without that issue. Good glide. As I found with my initial test lather, here I am about half an hour after the shave and having enjoyed a splash of the heavily alcoholic (and quite drying) Pashana aftershave, my face feels actually less dry than with the old formula. Taut, but not dry. That's what I like about MWF. That, and the lovely lanolin which is still present and absolutely the defining character of this soap.

I'm going to check against the old formula tomorrow. I'm going to have to check against a number of other soaps, but from the off I am perfectly happy with it! Moreso, I like it! I like it a lot.

Switching out my American brass pre-War Tech for a plated Canadian model tonight. Same blade. Lovely smooth shave from the off ...

Karve Overlander brass razor :: Dorco Prime Platinum blade (1) :: Stirling Coniferous soap :: Semogue SOC boar brush :: Lea splash
IMG_20230603_104207.jpg
Found the Dorco blades at a local Asda (some time ago, not seen them since), so naturally I had to buy them to try them out ;) Well, the shave was OK, good result, but not as comfortable as I now expect from the Overlander. Am going to try them in other razors next...

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock yellow (2)
Brush: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green) -Synthetic
S Cream: ES – Fragrance Free

Last couple of shaves with this set up before testing out the Tatara passaround. I'm not going to change anything else apart from the razor.
SOTD.jpg

IMG_1866.jpeg

IMG_1866.jpeg

SOTD: 03/06/2023

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Schick Proline P-30, 5th use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Iceni Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix & Beau Iceni Aftershave
Balm: Phoenix & Beau Iceni Balm

I love P&B’s base, it lathers easily and just makes my skin feel great everytime I use it. This is a new addition to the den and despite loving the soap it does seem surprisingly mild scent wise. No matter it has claimed a place in the den for the foreseeable future on its performance alone and post shave feeling.

03/06/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Yaqi Coco-cola 22mm Synth
Soap - La Toja stick
Razor - Gillette Rocket HD 694093 @71g (1956?)
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
View attachment 106858
My Greek (Crete) holiday shave #1.
View attachment 106859
Plenty of leg room.
Stay safe and enjoy your day.
What Part of Crete you in Tony ?

SOTD: 4th June 2023.

6.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10066.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Kent Luxury shaving Soap.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. -(D2)
Razor: 1940's Thin Handle Gillette Flat Bottom Tech. (ENG)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Paco Rabanne Pour Homme ASL./ Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The Kent/MWF as always provided me with a wonderful protective slick lather for the shave leaving an excellent post shave feel...I could easily shave with this shave set up forever, but like everyone else I like variety with my shaves.

A close comfortable 2 pass +pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Creightons Sensitive PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

03/06/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Yaqi Coco-cola 22mm Synth
Soap - La Toja stick
Razor - Gillette Rocket HD 694093 @71g (1956?)
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
View attachment 106858
My Greek (Crete) holiday shave #1.
View attachment 106859
Plenty of leg room.
Stay safe and enjoy your day.

When I first looked at your photo I thought, 'Dark socks!?'

Then realised you are in the shade. You are forgiven for not being like the typical Brit abroad.

SOTD 04-Jun
20230603_173021.jpg
Brush: Dogwood DG B16
Soap: SW Fougère Nemeta
Razor: CG Everyday
Blade: Gillette Blues

Cracking shave this morning, the everyday performing admirably. Two pass and a little buffing for a smooth finish.

Smooth and smelling good, ready for the F1 to kick off this afternoon. Might even watch in the garden with a few beers!

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom