SOTD: Saturday 3 June - Friday 9 June 2023.

SOTD 20230604.
CzDmZCC.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (green).
Semogue SOC.
TGS "Limone Italiano" shaving soap.
Vintage "Sunrise" razor.
Personna Lab Blue (4).
Clubman Pinaud "Citrus Musk" ASL.

I'm thinking to plate my Karve CB :unsure:
I've been considering something similar. Getting a 2nd brass Karve CB with a D plate and getting it plated in gold. Garish, I know, but I'm a sucker for the shiny yellow effect. You'll never catch me wearing gold in public but for items at home....

Austin Powers Love GIF

I should clarify - No, Chateau du Boycie83 does not look like a Middle Eastern palace!!

I've been considering something similar. Getting a 2nd brass Karve CB with a D plate and getting it plated in gold. Garish, I know, but I'm a sucker for the shiny yellow effect. You'll never catch me wearing gold in public but for items at home....

Austin Powers Love GIF

I should clarify - No, Chateau du Boycie83 does not look like a Middle Eastern palace!!
Well I think it looks way better polished. I've begun polishing mine before I decide to plate it.
IMG_20230603_143948.jpg

4 June

PAA Future Fiction
Trafalgar T3
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-Stainless (5)
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

2077AFFB-E699-4D6F-9BF6-A8B1DC7BE95F.jpeg
I’m really enjoying my Trafalgar T3, with its large but reasonably precise knot, it helped to create a superb lather this morning. The Feather blade was working well on its fifth shave and I had a very comfortable two pass shave.

See if I can beat my last 'first shave of a new week of SOTD's ' by two days, so head down no nonsense, mindless shaving with the theme, 'Brits abroad'. In thought of @Tony'schin holidaying in Crete.

20230603_180708.jpg

Do you speak English? - Tatara Nodachi
English breakfast mate? - Polsilver Lodz
6 pints of John Smiths - Highlander 26mm Cashmere
Oi Miguel ! - Bath House Spanish fig and nutmeg
Don't need bloody sun cream - Collegen

Last night's effort and in consideration the Tatara has delivered superbly all week it was only right it gets another run out. Godlike. And once again heavenly smooth with a superlative finish and superbly delivered. Slap on some Collegen and smoother than a runny egg. That English breakfast abroad thing. Tony, you have been warned, and just remember, no dark socks.

Team lather putting in a great show and the Big blue brush doing its thing in a wonderful fashion.

A happy shave? Too bloody right

And a happy song from a happy bunch of girls. Welcome to the summer.......

Sun 4th June

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
Ach Brito Mogno
Schick N3
Schick S/S Twin-Japan ( 1 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Having not shaved since last Wednesday, I felt that a fresh blade was needed especially as I had 12 uses from the last one. I was mindful of the need not to rush the Shave, and though it took longer than normal I was very pleased with the quality of the finished Shave.

3F3D6C51-66D8-4C70-8737-B60C12DCA369.jpeg

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock yellow (3)
Brush: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green) -Synthetic
S Cream: ES – Fragrance Free

Lovely shave. This setup is the absolute perfect combo for me. Or maybe just got used to it?
Anyways I'll get to try something different tomorrow.

Wishing you all a relaxing Sunday

SOTD.jpg

Last edited:
Had to take a brief sojourn from the Tech to use a newly acquired razor, the Utro. It is a copy of the Astra 501 which was a copy of the early seventies Schick Platinum razor. It was built in what is now part of Ukraine. Mine is from 1989, hasn't been used (according to the seller) and has a stiff silo door opening mechanism which I have attempted to oil.
It's a medium aggression razor which weighs less than 30g.

Thought June I'll be using this, the Canadian Tech I've used so far this month, and a newly acquired British military razor which looks like a little like an open comb old type in a travel set which is in excellent condition.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: TOCHP Utro
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium Modern
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Cella
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud Whiskey Woods https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/647c9eec7561cd6e4045cf6fPXL_20230604_133740566.jpgPXL_20230604_133632134.jpg

Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #1
Soap - Lea Stick
Razor - Karve Stainless C - SB
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
Screenshot_20230604-111036_Gallery.jpg
Found these is the local supermarket.
I will wait till I get home to try them.
Screenshot_20230604-154007_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230604-153937_Gallery.jpg
Stay safe and enjoy your evening all.

Sotd-04-06-23.png
Henson AL13 - Astra Superior Platinum - Frank Shaving two-band - P&B Citra Royale - 4711 - Eau Sauvage edp.

I have no idea if I had shaved with these blades before today - if I did, I have no memory of them in use. I was prompted by a post from @donnie_arko - about production being shifted from Russia to the Indian subcontinent - and I had stuck a tuck in with some brushes I sent to their new home recently. Why not give them a spin? Glad I did - superb result. Glass-like finish in a pass less than usual - my 'problem bits' not a problem this time. Smooth from the off. Nante irritation or damage. 4711 is an aftershave that will let you know if you've been heavy handed. :)
This particular pack is definitely of St Petersburg origin. It should probably be kept in mind - that I reckon you could stick a broken shard of Buckie bottle in the Henson and still get a result. So well is it designed and manufactured. Nice to find the Citra Royale at the back of the den on this warm day - perfect. Eau Sauvage to finish. Top end in every respect. Enjoy yours - one and all - I.

Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #1
Soap - Lea Stick
Razor - Karve Stainless C - SB
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
View attachment 106922
Found these is the local supermarket.
I will wait till I get home to try them.
View attachment 106923View attachment 106924
Stay safe and enjoy your evening all.
That’s the Blades that come with the Lambada

Back
Top Bottom