SOTD: Saturday 3 June - Friday 9 June 2023.

E5BA32E3-5AEA-44F9-A7D8-FC227120C8D1.jpeg
Simpson Duke 2 Best
Schick Twin Injector
Vintage Schick twin blades (11)
Shulton Old Spice shaving soap
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
Shulton Old Spice a/s

After seven years of occasional use, I have now finally seen off this wonderful soap. I had to pair the soap with the original splash, there’s nothing quite like Shulton Old Spice.

it has been a fun ride using this vintage set up.

Enjoy yours gents.

IMG_1887.jpeg
SOTD: 05/06/2023

Razor: Yaqi Mellon Chrome
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Lather Bros Flamingo Trance Puck
Balm: Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba Balm
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Toscano Leather EdP

I’ve come to realise I have become a bit of a shaving snob, the little Yaqi Mellon gives me as great a shave as some of my other razors and is under used in my den as it’s not steel, brass, titanium or SE etc. Regardless today the Mellon produced an excellent shave, better even than usual and everything just clicked brilliantly!

IMG_0495.JPG

A week spending time with Signature Soaps Condate. TLDR: A pretty great soap.

Razor: Karve Overlander Brass
Blade: Kai
Brush: APShaveCo G5C
Pre: Shower

After seeing so many positive reviews of the Signature Soaps, I had to give it a go. My favourite soaps of the moment are Mike’s Naturals (Orange, Cedarwood and Black Pepper preferred but currently using Bergamot, Orange, and Ylang-Ylang) and MdC (Agrumes). You may be able to tell that I like Citrus. My week was spent alternating between the soaps so that I could make a somewhat objective comparison; which ended up being 4 iterations with Signature, 1 with Mike’s, and 1 with MdC.

My routine is two pass: one WTG, then a second ATG with some buffing in rough areas. I don’t go for BBS but do need close-and-comfortable.

Every shave was pretty great and the Signature stood out for being able to keep up with what I think are 2 great soaps. It certainly beats the pants (trousers?) off anything available in a drugstore (chemist’s?), including Proraso.

I think I still slightly prefer Mike’s as it feels a bit creamier and has a slightly better post-shave feel. That said, I don’t think I would notice a difference if I wasn’t concentrating on the comparison. I do think that Signature is comparable to MdC and I couldn’t really make a performance choice between those two.

I do have to say that I am not a huge fan of the scent of Condate. I like Citrus-heavy scents and this one wasn’t. I usually don’t have patience for scents I don't like and am happy to toss a full puck after one or two shaves but this one is staying and will complete the cycle as the performance is pretty great. My challenge is that Pasteur's (my only choice for supply in North America that I could find) did not have availability of a scent that I might have preferred at the time I was ordering. I will eventually be ordering more, probably Londinium or Hibernia when the time comes. Although that may be a while as I have 6 pucks of Mike’s and the never-ending MdC to get through first.

SOTD: 6th June 2023.

7.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11137.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Haslinger Schafmilch & Lanolin shaving soap.
Razor: 1940's Thin Handle Gillette Flat Bottom Tech. (ENG) - Dorco Prime Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Kanzy K100. (Head/Dome)- Dorco Prime Platinum. (D2.)
Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut ASL./ Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning Shave, (Pre 60th Birthday Shave.)

I have said this in many of my posting that the Haslinger Schafmilch & Lanolin soap is an incredible shaving soap. like all of the Haslinger soaps i've tried it doesn't get top marks for it's fragrance but My skin type really likes shaving soaps with lanolin added to the ingredients, the post shave feeling from it is absolutely superb.

A enjoyable early comfortable pre 60th birthday face & head shave with no errors to report....Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 06-Jun
20230605_140946 (1).jpg
Brush: M7
Soap: A&E Vanille de Tabac
Razor: Lambda Athena
Blade: Gillette Blue

Cracking shave, nice smooth finish with minimal effort. Lovely smelling setup as well, perhaps not all that fresh for a sunny day, may be a margarita or lime day tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

View attachment 106986

A week spending time with Signature Soaps Condate. TLDR: A pretty great soap.

Razor: Karve Overlander Brass
Blade: Kai
Brush: APShaveCo G5C
Pre: Shower

After seeing so many positive reviews of the Signature Soaps, I had to give it a go. My favourite soaps of the moment are Mike’s Naturals (Orange, Cedarwood and Black Pepper preferred but currently using Bergamot, Orange, and Ylang-Ylang) and MdC (Agrumes). You may be able to tell that I like Citrus. My week was spent alternating between the soaps so that I could make a somewhat objective comparison; which ended up being 4 iterations with Signature, 1 with Mike’s, and 1 with MdC.

My routine is two pass: one WTG, then a second ATG with some buffing in rough areas. I don’t go for BBS but do need close-and-comfortable.

Every shave was pretty great and the Signature stood out for being able to keep up with what I think are 2 great soaps. It certainly beats the pants (trousers?) off anything available in a drugstore (chemist’s?), including Proraso.

I think I still slightly prefer Mike’s as it feels a bit creamier and has a slightly better post-shave feel. That said, I don’t think I would notice a difference if I wasn’t concentrating on the comparison. I do think that Signature is comparable to MdC and I couldn’t really make a performance choice between those two.

I do have to say that I am not a huge fan of the scent of Condate. I like Citrus-heavy scents and this one wasn’t. I usually don’t have patience for scents I don't like and am happy to toss a full puck after one or two shaves but this one is staying and will complete the cycle as the performance is pretty great. My challenge is that Pasteur's (my only choice for supply in North America that I could find) did not have availability of a scent that I might have preferred at the time I was ordering. I will eventually be ordering more, probably Londinium or Hibernia when the time comes. Although that may be a while as I have 6 pucks of Mike’s and the never-ending MdC to get through first.
@Jenks Thank you. If you are a citrus fan your like Hibernia. They have it in stock. Regards Brian (Signature Soaps)

Tue 6
Soap & Aftershave Proraso Green
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake
Razor J. R. Torrey 5/8
Love the scent & cooling sensation from this cream & splash. Nice enough lather from the excellent brush.
The razor was refreshed on the HBA and the resulting shave was very enjoyable. 3 buttery smooth and keen passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230606_151443.jpg

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Tatara Masamune SB (Nodachi top cap)
Blade: Gillette 7 o’clock – Yellow (1)
Brush: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green) -Synthetic
S Cream: ES – Fragrance Free

With a Nodachi top cap the only variable that changes is the exposure, from -0.13 to 0.00. Blade gap stays the same.
Is this something noticeable during the shave? At times I could feel that in comparison with yesterday's shave the efficiency has increased. Otherwise I did not feel more 'bite' or blade feel has changed much. A very comfortable shave. Early days but if it was to make a purchase at this point, it would be in this configuration.

Tataea Passaround.jpg

Tue 6th June

Cyril Salter/ MS ED2band
MWF
Schick type N3
Schick S/S Twin- Japan ( 2 )
Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

I decided that it would have been a shame to use the N3 only once in this rotation, as it is such a good Razor.In fact it is my favourite long handled Schick Razor, especially when fitted with a Twin blade. With only two days growth, the Shave was very pleasant and a nice close finish was quickly attained.

2A9E5BC0-9E57-4504-AA8E-9218929C98A4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom