SOTD: Saturday 3 June - Friday 9 June 2023.

PXL_20230606_104040291~2.jpg
June 6. 2023.

Razor Gillette twist with custom handle - @gile Highlander Brushes
Blade - Gillette Blue
Soap - Folk Soap
Brush - M7 Tortoise shell - @gile Highlander Brushes
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - YSL Kouros

A super smooth shave was had with today's kit, the matching brush and Gillette twist not only look fab but work well too.
Shaved well and smelling great, who could ask for more!

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy!

Paul.

Last edited:
SOTD 20230606.
FcNOLBU.jpg

3P "La Crema Prodigio" pre-shave cream.
Semogue SOC.
OUMO Brush "Soul" shaving soap.
Vintage Gillette Old Type / Stork Ti "AN14" handle.
Ladas Super Stainless (2).
Figaro after shave eau de toilette gel lotion.

06/06/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #1 / #2
Soap - La Toja stick
Razor - Karve Stainless C - SB, B - OC
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
Screenshot_20230606-171835_Gallery.jpg
Yip that did it, no bother.
A little adventure today, missed our stop on bus, after the bus had turned off for our "village", the driver was asked to pull over on the express-way!!, we clambered through the roadside bushes to a small, err?, group of house then started to head back to our hotel, anyway ;) we found a very, very friendly Greek Tavern, only frequented by locals, that was about 5 hrs ago, it took that long to get about a mile under our feet (the walk itself was about 15 mins).
Shaved dressed and ready for our evening dinner, maybe no wine tonight and we also left with the promise that "we will see you all tomorrow:whistle:), mad how a negative can turn out so positive.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All, don't you just love the Greeks.

Due to running folk back home in the middle of the night and prepping the house for a photographer today, I simply ran out of time to cobble some garbage together in the name of my SOTD. And so without any further delay here is some cobbled together garbage themed, 'Cobbled together garbage'

20230605_174133.jpg

Cobblers - Stainless Mongoose
Nads - Feather Super Professional
Jangle berries - Highlander LFC brush
Testiculation - Signature Soaps Condate
Beans - Collegen
Scrotal scent - M&S Spiced Amber

'Yes, Mr Friendly did you say your name was? There appears to be a little bit of exaggeration going on there'

After a couple of shaves the Super Pro has settled in and lost that forwardedness I mention on an earlier shave. A lot more contained and usable, and more the Feather I love and know. A superb showing from the Goose and no collateral damage along the way. What a damn fine razor it is and up there with Zeus and a few other Gods I can think of, and a few who hate me. My wife being one and the Godess of Bad Temper.

The Condate? A smashing soap and working its way up the ladder for the SPOTTY awards at the end of the year. The number one brush spot looks done and dusted already.

All in all a fantastic bit of frolics and bollics by the sink. A pair of testicles which smiled throughout.

It only leaves me now to find some Japanese ladies to sing you out. Devil Girl? Sounds good to me. Nibbling what?

how a negative can turn out so positive.
T. - Thus fulfilling Robert Louis Stevenson's maxim - which I have generally found true - It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive. :)

How are you with Ouzo? Top tip - put the ice in first. Also - it goes well with seafood - surprisingly - after a while - it doesn't matter what you are eating anyway. :cool: - I.

Yaqi Tile on RR HD handle :: Personna Lab Blue blade (1) :: Semogue SOC boar brush :: Stirling Coniferous soap :: Speick splash
IMG_20230606_160350.jpg
Another blade to test: Personna Lab Blue (I think). Felt quite sharp but harsh when shaving - reminded me of the Kai I'd tried once. But the result after usual 2 passes+pickups feels incredibly smooth with basically no irritation (usual amount of sting).

20230606_182045.jpg
I am still using my English Ball end Tech Razor but I have popped in a Gillette Rubie blade and wow the difference a blade can make to a razor.
I did a 2 pass shave using Sterling Haverford and I am delighted with the result, I am Smoother than a new born baby.
Lovely Razor, shaving and soap, highlander brush and hats off to the Rubie blade.
Have a great evening all, I am off to chase the wife around the kitchen mwaaahaaaahaaaaa.

06/06/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #1 / #2
Soap - La Toja stick
Razor - Karve Stainless C - SB, B - OC
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
View attachment 107013
Yip that did it, no bother.
A little adventure today, missed our stop on bus, after the bus had turned off for our "village", the driver was asked to pull over on the express-way!!, we clambered through the roadside bushes to a small, err?, group of house then started to head back to our hotel, anyway ;) we found a very, very friendly Greek Tavern, only frequented by locals, that was about 5 hrs ago, it took that long to get about a mile under our feet (the walk itself was about 15 mins).
Shaved dressed and ready for our evening dinner, maybe no wine tonight and we also left with the promise that "we will see you all tomorrow:whistle:), mad how a negative can turn out so positive.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All, don't you just love the Greeks.
Brilliant Book

Razor = Muhle R41
Blade = Gillette Super Thin ( 2 )
Brush = C&H V17
Soap = B&M Spice with matching splash.
Balm = Wilkinson Sword Post Balm Shave
IMG_1201.jpegShave 2 of my Old Spice Homage
and a cracking shave at that.
The R41 Is superb, i know i’m quite a weirdo lol but i find it mild,
The Soap was a recommendation from @Blademonkey and another fantastic recommendation at that.
I know a lot of people buy old spice for nostalgia reasons but i genuinely love the scent.
These Homage soaps are fantastic and a great alternative for the guys that haven’t tried the original.
The Next Shave will be OSP Old Gold.

Bit if bad news today iv had it it confirmed i’m away to Indonesia ( Bintan Island )
on the 16th June.
Never mind it could be worse i could be retired :unsure:
Enjoy the rest of your week
& as always Stay Safe

Back
Top Bottom