SOTD : Saturday 2nd April - Friday 8th April 2022.

My shave of a couple of nights back (busy busy busy) and complete with the theme, 'Lights, camera, action'

20220404_183537.jpg

Take 1 - Yaqi Excalibur
Take 2 - Feather Professional
Take 3 - Wickhams Arctic Fox
Take 4 - Signature Soaps Capra Insuriam

'Sod this I'm off'

And so am I so enjoy these Japanese ladies as I sign out

And oh yes, it was one smashing shave

6 April

SV 70th Anniversary
Simpson Chubby 2
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Kai Stainless
SV 70th Anniversary asl

DDD0CC32-77BA-410C-9862-BD11CE1C62A9.jpeg
By accident everything changed today except the razor and me. The accident was dropping the Feather blade on the bathroom floor as I was drying the razor, burred and binned. Result? Possibly a little closer, but not night and day difference. So it’s ether the razor or me, and I think it’s me. I’ve changed and the razor is not performing as well for me as it used to.

Evening all,

Prep, hot water and flannel with some Proraso pre shave (green one, menthol)
Brush, Razorock Beehive
Razor, Rex Ambassador (1st use, setting 4 throughout)
Blade, Lords Silver Star Stainless (1st use)
Cream, Lea Menthol (Green one)
A/S, Proraso Menthol (Green one)
Music, Del Amitri

Initial impression, a lovely well built razor with a nice heft and exceptional grip. Nice and manoeuvrable as well.

Cream lathered up very very easily. Nice and thick and frothy. A nice bracing scent. And provided an excellent surface to work on. Not a huge amount of material for the Ambassador to tackle but I couldn’t resist!

Usual 3 grain pass. I kept it at 4 to get a feel for it but will try other settings and combinations in the upcoming shaves. Potentially with more material to work with I’d go a little higher in settings before dialling down. But 4 performed magnificently, smooth and efficient some feedback.

Absolutely zero issues, no nicks / weepers / cuts / irritation etc. A very very close and clean shave.

I think it’s safe to stay this one will be staying with me. Is it the one, perhaps. It’s certainly one of the ones!

Have a good evening all.

Best,

Ben

Wednesday AM 2022-04-06
Radio show 'Little Orphan Annie' debuted on this date in 1931
UVMQDfQ.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Ebony Finest (24/54)
XPEC Unscented shaving cream (v.1) + Rose Essence hydrosol (jasmine, ylang-ylang, rose geranium, amber, patchouli, sandalwood)
LASSC BBS-1
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (9)
Roger & Gallet l'Homme aftershave
fWy509E.jpg

Gillette ball end Tech
Gillette London Bridge
Ap shaveco 2BED
Martin de Candre original
Myrsol emulsion
Grey Flannel edt

I've shaved exclusively with my muhle rocca for quite some time. Tonight I fancied a run out with my tech, id forgotten what a nice, comfortable shave it gives.
Hell froze over?

I've waited so long to catch you out ... and you highlighted it in the very post. Bah!

Thu 7 SOTD
Soap Signature Soaps Coria
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor Gillette Slim N4
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Bergamot Lavender + Proraso Green Splash
This soap scent is very light with a hint of rose & lavender at the tip of my nostrils. The amazing thing is the thick creamy and very slick lather...wow!
Today's shave came together perfectly! On top of a great lather, the razor paired with this outstanding blade provided a terrifically smooth and efficient 3passes at the max setting for an absolutely bbs finish without any issues. The blade makes a huge difference! The aftershaves were good as well...

20220407_092930.jpg

SOTD : 7th April 2022.

20.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Lider Turkish Boar.
Face Lather.
Frankenlather: Arko + palmolive classic shave stick ends. (Grated)
Blade: Derby Premium. (D4)
Frankenrazor: Yaqi DOC Head/Schmidt R10 Handle.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Selin Lemon Cologne./Arko Comfort ASB.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

An excellent Turkish themed shave to finish my shave week off wonderfully.

Love or hate them, the lather that these two classic shave stick's create is absolutely fantastic..

Last use of the Derby premium.... My reacquaintance with the Derby premium throughout the week has been a pleasant surprise....The franken-razor/derby premium blade duo performance was superb.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close shave with no errors to report....Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Arko Comfort ASB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom