SOTD : Saturday 2nd April - Friday 8th April 2022.

IMG_20220407_183136.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower.
Bowl: Tesco side bowl.
Razor: Gillette 1920's
Blade: Astra Green. #1
Brush: Yaqi, Red'n'Black boar.
Soap: Cella Almond (As if you hadn't worked it out)

I love the Gillette 1920's Razor for its look and history, but I'm reluctant to use him as I normally get a good hiding from this Grandad when I use it. Quite often I end up with a decent amount of nicks. However this time I had a couple of spots but generally it behaved and I quite enjoyed it.

The brush is still shedding a hair or two even though I've used it a fair few times.... Hopefully it will stop in time.

Cella! Ahhhh, Cella Cella Cella. (Said in a strong Italian accent) What more can be said? T' lathers well, T' smells great and T' feels luvly (said in a strong Yorkshire Accent)

Enjoyable shave all in all.

Friday SOTD

N1gN1ME.png

ATT Aluminum SE1 Bamboo Handle / Schick Proline
Reknotted Ever Ready 26mm Oumo SHD 2-band
ZM/B&M Nocturne Shaving Soap & Aftershave

F0F0E0F8-CE7B-46E9-B22D-A327F4F2E3A8.jpeg
SOTD: 08/04/2022

Razor: Mars Razor
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Freedom Italian Flag 24mm Cashmere
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Stirling Campania Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Campania EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

As predicted the plate 7 was the sweet spot for my neck. Absolutely BBS and it really is a super easy shave. The same way the Twig makes a step change in easiness for shaving, so does the Mars but more so. Those are the massive positives, the negative for me today is 7 is a little too aggressive for my face and lip areas. So tomorrow I’ll dial it back to 6 and see if I can get the perfect shave with a bit of skin stretching on my neck.
I’m absolutely nit picking here, the razor is giving me great shaves 3 days in, as was the brush and soap of the day
Enjoy your day guys!

IMG_0761.jpg

I just enjoyed another shave with my still new Rex Envoy. Although it's my 8th shave, I'm still experimenting with blade selection. This time I went for a full on Trafalgar shave, as you can see below.

I had heard that some people had good results, taming the Envoy by using an Astra Green. I thought I had some, but after checking my blade boxes, I realised I must have used them or given them away. However in my secondary blade box, I spotted a nearly full box of Personna Med Preps, the ones in the blue wrappers. These have been somewhat neglected for the past few months, so I decided to pick one out.

I'm glad I did, as it matched the razor very well, easily dealing with three days growth. During the shave I steepened the angle a tad and that helped, especially when going against the grain by lessening blade feel slightly. Overall the blade worked really, really well in the Envoy. Two face passes and three on the neck were all I needed to be BBS. A further good sign was when using the P&B Trafalgar Splash there was no burn. I'm now enjoying that smooth post shave face feel - nice!

Razor: Rex Envoy
Blade: Personna Med Prep (1)
Soap: P&B Trafalgar
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T3
Pre-shave: Proraso Green
Post-shave: P&B Trafalgar Splash
Bowl: Face lather

Last edited:
Afternoon all,

Prep, hot water and flannel
Brush, Razorock Beehive
Razor, Rex Ambassador (setting 3.5 throughout)
Blade, Lords Silver Star Stainless (2nd use)
Cream, Wars Sensitive
A/S, Wars Fresh (Blue one)
Music, Max Richter

Cream lathered up perfectly. I say it a lot but a nice inoffensive scent. Provided a good surface to work on. Not a lot of material to remove.

Usual 3 grain pass on setting 3.5. I’m continuing to experiment with this razor and her settings. Similar results to the first try on setting 4 throughout. Nice and easy removal, smooth and efficient with some feedback. You know you’re shaving if that makes sense.

Unfortunately due to operator error I went across the grain across my lip and had a very small nick. I’ve done this before with other razors and no doubt will do it again. No real harm done. No blood etc.

Very happy with the shave overall notwithstanding the aforementioned. A nice clean and close shave. I’ll continue to tinker with the settings and also try a different setting during a shave. But what can I say, still very impressed with this one.

Have a good day and weekend all.

Best,

Ben

Friday morning

Another run out for the gold Tech.

I do like Fine soaps and the Barber Blue was great. Just need the matching splash.

Still, feeling clean and fresh with the Razorock blue barbershop splash.

Just noticed on the pic that the zenith has a stray hair filament. Weird.

Have a good start to the weekend everyone.

Gary

Attachments

• IMG_20220408_133610__01.jpg
    IMG_20220408_133610__01.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 3
Razor = Karve CB Aluminium ( D )
Blade Treet Platinum ( 1 )
Brush = Simpsons T3
Cream = Arko Comfort with matching splash & Balm
62383480-E897-4A7A-8D2E-77A3B2F1A360.jpeg
What a difference a day makes
A Top drawer shave with the cheapest of creams.
Is there a better cream on the market for £1.49 i doubt there is.
I Don’t know why but the shaves i’m getting from this razor are class,
i actually much prefer it to the brass version.
I didn’t think i would like it being so light but i really am starting to prefer a lighter razor.
Paired with the Treet the shave was tremendous 10/10.
The Balm & Splash at £4-£5 are ok
not as nice a scent as the cream but not bad either.
Can’t wait until tomorrow’s shave now
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom