SOTD : Saturday 2nd April - Friday 8th April 2022.

277723617_5041934405862241_1436222658191004714_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap, 4711 shower gel
Soap: TDS Lilac
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (1)

Don't think I'll ever tire of this scent. The TDS Lilac's getting rather low, but it's unlikely I'll be placing an order with Belarus any time soon!

SOTD 07-Apr
20220404_145602.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Finned'
Soap: Barbershop De Los Muertos
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE (4)

Really good two pass and done shave this morning, no need for a third. The muertos seemed to work well today as well, my initial run outs were underwhelming so it went into storage, perhaps I was having off days on first usage or perhaps I was being too precious with loading. Whatever the circumstances, generated a rally good lather, plenty of slickness to see me through. May consider more of Murphy and Mcneil kodiak bases.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Thursday 7th April
Canadian Schick E3 - Schick Proline B #5 - Jayaruh 289 - Hampshire Wool Fat No3 - Superdrug Sierran Breeze AS - Aloe Vera Gel
j5tN0ta.jpg

Thursday:

Of the 2 x acquisitions that arrived yesterday, I went for the Tech.
I don't know if the fact it was gold made it any better; probably not. It is a little milder when compared to my Brit Tech. It can't really be the weight, as they are similar. Loaded with a Nacet, it has delivered super performance. However took 3 passes and pick ups to clear the decks.

Random soap selection turned out to be Stirling mountain man and as the closest pairing I have is most likely the campania splash, it has had a run out too.

Have a good one.

Attachments

• IMG_20220407_100444__01.jpg
    IMG_20220407_100444__01.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 4
A2EE84F9-EE1F-4631-829B-A927A1338A42.jpeg
SOTD: 07/04/2022

Razor: Mars Razor plate 6
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Croap
Aftershave: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Much better today, as I get used to the almost flat face angle you can shave with the Mars with. Even closer on the face and upper lips with plate 6, the neck was better but I think 7 with a bit of skin stretching will be the magic number. It’s hard to find fault and it’s easier than you think in the difficult under the nose area. It’s definitely a keeper and I’ll likely buy the ac head on time as well.

7 April

PAA Dapper Doc’s
PAA Peregrino
Mühle R41
Kai Stainless
Village Barber balm

B045A584-0DB9-48DF-92A7-EBFA734E08D7.jpeg
Take a known close shaving razor and a man with possibly dodgy shaving technique and put the together. What do you get? Well, a pretty damn good shave, no blood and a great indication of how my other razors are performing for me. A very pleasant experience.

07/04/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Mühle Lge Classic Silvertip Synth
Soap - Vintage GIBBS 1950's
Razor - Schick B1 Repeating Razor 1927-32
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Williams Aqua Velva Musk
Wk 14  (5).JPG
A very enjoyable 3 pass shave today using the lightest of touches, i could have got away with 2, however, i hate to waste this vintage cream and was not about to throw away the lather, so, a 3rd full pass was completed.
I was rewarded with a close BBS finish, although, the splash did give a little indication.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Thur 7th April

Alpha G4 Syn 28mm
Ach Brito Mogno
ATT SE1
Feather Proguard ( 5 )
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

The ATT SE1 is one of my earlier AC/SE Razors, but age does not detract from its performance compared with modern versions. I am finding that for me it is working very well for me when used with a Feather guarded blade . So easy to get a comfortable close Shave without a hint of possible mishap.

A8FD0470-4504-4243-888B-6311B17065EC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom