SOTD : Saturday 29th January-Friday 4th February 2022.

272203053_479669956849700_2274685835519783513_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: B&M Terror
Brush: 26mm Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette & o'clock Green (1)

Off for a bimble on the beach with the boys and hound, so what better than a soap containing salt water :unsure: On first application, I found the "cooling" to be the opposite - more of a hot sensation akin to chili spice rather than cooling menthol. Perhaps this is due to the synthetic nature. Second lather felt more cooling and the Kayaput brought balance back. I don't know if I'm a real menthol-head (maybe I'll have to explore further) but I didn't find this one intimidating at all, and in fact a double hit Proraso green feels equally as cold to me. The lather was brilliant though and I'll have no compunctions when it comes to using up the rest of the sample from @Scorpio93 :giggle:

SOTD 30-Jan
20220129_150441.jpg
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Boti 2-Band
Soap: WK Cuero Oscuro
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: GSB (1)

Still not 100% sold on this Oscuro but I can't argue with the performance. As ever the blackbird did the job with no fuss, ready for a lazyish Sunday whilst making a roast.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Sunday 30th January 2022

Shave Score 9.9

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"\Tabac Shower gel
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: Tabac
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: RR GC .84
Blade: GSB (1)
Post Shave Tabac
Post Shave Balm: Tabac
Post Shave Cologne/EDT: Tabac

A great shave and smelling amazing, some would say, lmao :)

Have a great Sunday all.

Joe

PXL_20220129_155704952.jpg

30 January

PAA Dapper Doc’s
Simpson M7
Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather Hi-stainless
Pinaud Clubman VIBR

AF8D296B-575D-4792-97EC-D16C7B886ACE.jpeg
A great shave with another modern classic, the EJ DE89. My remaining two badger brushes mostly are display items these days and the M7 reminded me why I now prefer synthetics, but I will be bringing an Omega 48 boar into rotation soon.

Shower then Unscented Cube

Soap: B+M Vespers

Brush: Maple/Synbad

Razor: R6S #3

Blade: Lord Platinum #1

Post Shave: Alum block - B+M Vespers splash

DE Shave #92

I've been looking forward to this shave since yesterday afternoon and it was all I hoped it would be.
A fresh Lord blade in the R6 gave me a superb Sunday shave, smooth, close and so comfortable.

IMG_0418.JPG

IMG_0411.jpg
Having seen Mark at Friendship Shaving’s birthday video on YouTube, I thought I would follow suit, and use a Perma-Sharp blade with a vintage Gillette, in my case I opted for the Fatboy.

I’d forgotten how sharp the Perma-Sharps are, especially on the first use. With the Fatboy at my usual setting of 6, the blade was at Feather levels of lethality. Scary stuff. So down to 5 and a slow down were applied. A good shave with only a couple of micro-nicks was then enjoyed.

The Fjellheim was as usual excellent, and so fresh. I only learnt today, that it means “At home in the mountains” heim presumably means home and fjell, like fell means mountain.

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves!

Razor: Gillette Fatboy 1959 E2 (6)
Blade: Perma-Sharp (1)
Soap: Fitjar Fjellheim
Brush: PAA Peregrino
Pre-shave: Shower
Post-shave: Castle Forbes Lime Balm & Trumper’s Lime Cologne
Bowl: Face lather

Sunday January 30, 2022
Razor: Gillette Bull Dog
Blade: Gillette Spoiler
Brush: Rubberset 400/Cashmere
Soap: Vintage Williams Shave Stick
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Vintage Williams Aqua Velva
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1180

GREAT smooth and drama free shave with some vintage gear including the blade. Have a great day !

View attachment 83642
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: B&M Terror
Brush: 26mm Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette & o'clock Green (1)

Off for a bimble on the beach with the boys and hound, so what better than a soap containing salt water :unsure: On first application, I found the "cooling" to be the opposite - more of a hot sensation akin to chili spice rather than cooling menthol. Perhaps this is due to the synthetic nature. Second lather felt more cooling and the Kayaput brought balance back. I don't know if I'm a real menthol-head (maybe I'll have to explore further) but I didn't find this one intimidating at all, and in fact a double hit Proraso green feels equally as cold to me. The lather was brilliant though and I'll have no compunctions when it comes to using up the rest of the sample from @Scorpio93 :giggle:
Not heard the word “ bimble” in a long time, takes me back to time in HMF Regular/ TA.

Sun 30th January

Alpha G4 Syn 28mm
Officina Artigiana soap
PAL Adjustable
Schick S/S Single Japan ( 2)
Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

Cannot for the life of me understand why I have been omitting the PAL from my Injector rotation. Guess I have got a bit fixated on the sheer number of AC/SE Razors purchased over the last 18 months.
The Shave today reminded me that this PAL is probably my best Injector confined to the use of a single blade. This combo is very smooth with minimum blade feel, yet so efficient that it is easy to get a mishap free close all round finish.

6C11799C-9626-4ABA-BC9E-2256A0035741.jpeg

Last edited:
Sun 30th January

Alpha G4 Syn 28mm
Officina Artigiana soap
PAL Adjustable
Schick S/S Single Japan ( 2)
Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

Cannot for the life of me realise why I have been omitting the PAL from my Injector rotation. Guess I have got a bit fixated on the sheer number of AC/SE Razors purchased over the last 18 months.
The Shave today reminded me that this PAL is probably my best Injector confined to the use of a single blade. This combo is very smooth with minimum blade feel, yet so efficient that it is easy to get a mishap free close all round finish.

View attachment 83691
Agreed, the PAL adjustable is a great razor

IMG_20220130_125116.jpg

Brush - Omega 10075
Soap - Vitos Red Coco w/Citronella
Razor - Souplex Bakelite
Blade - Bic Chrome Platinum (1)
AS - Denim Original

I find Italian tallow croaps like Vitos and Cella seem to work better with a boar brush, and using a little more soap and water than I'd use normally to get the slick whipped cream lather. A really smooth and comfortable shave with a brand new Bic CP in a Souplex Bakelite, which is a very mild razor head, it needs a very sharp blade to clear stubble.

A very enjoyable shave.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday gents.

Sunday 30th January

AM-JKLVHEbUUZdP3i3T2F4YisWqiqt3UMaw3mmag3VCkWaSvasxvw1cXMieMco2uNbCLD2PE7K_wrtzcH8v97acYGj0FByzzTslRymxGb4E6nF9wTyU2-kvHp4dtMacXz40Tv9SGOypeSuW1Pw_F2o0Xk29vbQ=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
BeeClean Peppermint & Honey Shaving Soap
Razorock 400 w/HJM Professional Boar 25mm
Muhle Rocca Jet & Shark Super Stainless (1)
Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia Concentrada (as Aftershave)

Back
Top Bottom