SOTD : Saturday 29th January-Friday 4th February 2022.

Saturday January 29, 2022
Razor: E Injector
Blade: sChick
Brush: Fluffy Industries/Oumo Boar
Soap: Stirling Gin and Tonic
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Clubman Gents Gin
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1179

This was my Fuzzy/Fluffy shave...........Fuzzy supplied the E Injector razor and Fluffy the Custom Brush handle. I'm enjoying this Gin and Tonic sample and thinking I need to get a full tub. Debating if I want it "On the Rocks" with menthol or plain and add cooling agents when I want the coolness stepped up..........decisions, decisions. Hope all enjoy their weekend !!
IMG_20220129_063543791_HDR.jpg

29/01/2022

Razor: RazoRock German 37
Blade: Gillette Shanghai Super Blue (1)
Brush: Boti 24mm NC
Soap: Kent Cream

20220129_123912.jpg

Mentally I feel better for a shave although I'm feeling drained overall.

The RR 37 is more assertive than the newer 37C. I'm going to continue the shave off between them - there can be only one!

29/01/2022

View attachment 83609

The RR 37 is more assertive than the newer 37C. I'm going to continue the shave off between them - there can be only one!
Hope you’re feeling less drained soon.

Re the shave off, This is the way!

29/01/2022

View attachment 83609

Take care Chris

29/1/22

Pre - Soap Free Facial Wash
Soap - Vitos Red Coco w/glycerine and Citronella Oil
Brush - Omega 10075
Razor - Flat Bottom Tech
Blade - Dorco Titan (3)
Post - Lea Balm
AS - Denim Original

IMG_20220129_125233.jpg

I took out my tub of Vitos Red Coco that'd I'd not used in a long time which I'd added a few drops of glycerine and citronella oil, and it smelled great but every part of Vitos Red Coco I use seems to dry out and lose a little slickness in the lather, this was no different. Really enjoyed using the Omega 10075 today, a small brush but a delight to use and the face feel is superb, really scrubby and it's kept it's shape after breaking in.

A nice shave with the FBT and Dorco Titan, I think I underestimated how good the blade is when I used it before, it's smooth and sharp enough.

Have a good Saturday gents.

Sotd-29-01-22.png
This morning -

razor - Yaqi AC (I don't know exactly which model this is)
blade - Schick P30 (1)
brush - Wee Scot best
soap - Palmolive stick
post - cold water
a/s - A&E St Barts.

Very nice, first use of the Yaqi AC that was very generously gifted to me. First impressions are excellent - very close but skin friendly result, which bodes well. The handle turns out to be quite usable, which I wasn't expecting. Enjoy your shaves, one and all - cheers - I.

@Paul L - thank you!

Good day all,

POR_3543a.jpg

Pre Shave:
Pears Transparent Bar Soap warm wash to soften and clean
Apply Proraso Refreshing Pre Shave Cream
Brush: Progress Vulfix 404 (Mixed Badger & Boar)
Lather: TOBS Sandalwood shaving cream
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum
Razor: Tatara Masamune

Post Shave:
Cold water Face Wash with OSMA alum block, followed by TOBS Sandalwood after shave gel.

Wow what an enjoyable first shave with my Tatara Masamune closed comb razor! Bearing in mind that I am a fair skinned ginge, there are not an awful lot of DS razors to suit me, especially if I require a quality finish, good design and balance etc. My previous razor of choice was a Feather AS-D2, which I was/am very happy with and highly recommend, but after today I am lucky enough to have an even better razor (for me).

I had my first shave this morning with my newly acquired Tatara Masamune (closed comb). I chose my favoured DS blade as used in my AS-D2, a BIC Chrome Platinum and prepared as normal to do a 3 pass leisurely shave (WTG, XTG & ATG). Found the ‘bite’ angle almost immediately and did my WTG with no incidents or surprises. Re-lathered and continued with a very pleasant and easy XTG. Now for my ATG and cleanup. What a surprise, there was nothing felt, nothing heard and no resistance! I continued to gently remove the remaining shaving cream from my face (with the Masamune) but there was no stubble left ATG or for clean-up. I inspected my jaw line, under the nose, corners of the mouth and edges of my lips, nothing, BBS all over, my first perfect shave, which could have been completed in just two passes. I reached for my alum block and ran it all over the shaved areas. That proved to be a waste of time, absolutely no sting anywhere.

For anyone wanting an exciting edge of the seat shave, finishing with styptic pencil and alum block, this shaver is not for you, it is far too leisurely and boring with absolutely no incidents or excitement. But for me it is just perfect. My wife is happy too, not because I am BBS, but because I have now stopped looking for my perfect razor!

Why do I believe this razor is better than my Feather AS-D2. Well initially I was concerned that the Masamune felt slightly lighter (88g) than my AS-D2 (92g) and that the handle being smooth with only dimples along its length may be slippery when wet. However in use it felt perfectly balanced with gentle heft and did not slip in my wet hand at all. So no negatives to report (I have medium sized hands and believe that anyone with large hands may find the handle (a) too short and/or (b) too small at 11mm diameter. I also noted that the rounded off handle end felt perfect resting on my palm when shaving. Okay so the real plus points for me are (a) IMHO it cuts my stubble more efficiently than my AS-D2 and (b) has a larger tolerance of blade attack angle. So to sum up, the Tatara Masamune feels good, looks good and gives me my perfect shave.

Last edited:
View attachment 83616
This morning -

razor - Yaqi AC (I don't know exactly which model this is)
blade - Schick P30 (1)
brush - Wee Scot best
soap - Palmolive stick
post - cold water
a/s - A&E St Barts.

Very nice, first use of the Yaqi AC that was very generously gifted to me. First impressions are excellent - very close but skin friendly result, which bodes well. The handle turns out to be quite usable, which I wasn't expecting. Enjoy your shaves, one and all - cheers - I.

@Paul L - thank you!
You are most welcome, Iain.
I'm please you like how it shaves.

I believe the razor is the first generation, Excalibur ? - someone more knowledgeable will be able to confirm?

83B57993-E63A-44C9-8BCC-E9DE13FA9830.jpeg
SOTD: 29/01/2022

Razor: Edwin Jagger Kelvin
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: Master Soap Creations Night On The Town Puck
Aftershave: Jean Paul Gautier Le Male EDT
Balm: Gillette Aftershave Balm

A simple shave and face lather for a weekend away in Blackpool/St. Anne’s. As usual I took my trusty little EJ Kevin and as usual wondered why I don’t use it more than as a travel razor. A lovely started to a chilled weekend with my family and a best mate of mine’s family we haven’t seen in ages. A more sedate Night on the Town, than the last few times I’d been out in Blackpool a few years ago but great none the less!

29/01/2022

View attachment 83609

Take Care Chris
life’s about chilling mate don’t get caught up in the bad side of life.
Sometimes the brain just needs a good switch off i do that with a good book,

Back
Top Bottom