SOTD : Saturday 29th January-Friday 4th February 2022.

85018F9B-5EBF-40B5-958D-6205080E1CFB.jpeg
SOTD: 05/02/2022

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 2nd use
Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Shannon’s Soaps Mars Puck
Aftershave: Shannon’s Soaps Mars Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Started soaking the brush before taking the photos for no apparent reason today hence the odd shot. My best shave yet with the Blackbird, smooth and not at all too close or sharp, which sometimes when I started shaving with it I found the Blackbird to be. I love this soap but decided to scoop and bowl lather today and the little silver tip just soaked it up! It’s a proper lather hog but still makes an amazing lather.
A great start to the weekend, enjoy yours guys.

Must have been a bad day at the wrapper cutting machine.

View attachment 83926
Having setup packaging machines myself in food production it takes maybe 30-50 to get the product and the packing reel lined up. In this case, the cover will come on a long roll and will be formed, cut, product added and folded. Granted, the speed at which these things go through and their size, it might take a few more but QC should have discarded them. It might just be that Personna let them through since as a percentage, it's nowt or more likely that the minimum wage operator didn't really care and once another 100,000 have gone through his machine it was all forgotten. Fun to get a misaligned one.

Still, not as bad as getting a mis-stamped razor, eh?

DSCF9233.jpgDSCF9234.jpg

Having setup packaging machines myself in food production it takes maybe 30-50 to get the product and the packing reel lined up. In this case, the cover will come on a long roll and will be formed, cut, product added and folded. Granted, the speed at which these things go through and their size, it might take a few more but QC should have discarded them. It might just be that Personna let them through since as a percentage, it's nowt or more likely that the minimum wage operator didn't really care and once another 100,000 have gone through his machine it was all forgotten. Fun to get a misaligned one.

Still, not as bad as getting a mis-stamped razor, eh?

View attachment 83938View attachment 83939
That makes it unique and worth more!

Missed 2 days (Sat & Sun) of Shaving for the 1st time since joining TSR! :D
Mon 7 SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Cheshire
Brush Yaqi 24mm Freedom Synthetic
Razor Gold Dollar 208
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + B&M Cheshire Balm
Excellent soap! A lovely scent and a rich, creamy and slick lather!
An excellent & enjoyable shave with this razor on pasted balsa edge. Very smoothly & comfortably mowed down 3 days worth of growth in 3+passes without any irritation & issues for a mixed bbs/dfs/ccs result. Aftershaves were great too.
20220207_121502.jpg

Back
Top Bottom