SOTD : Saturday 29th January-Friday 4th February 2022.

Thursday 3rd February

Cream • Palmolive Classic Cream
Brush • Razorock 400 Plissoft Noir
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3
Blade • Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink (6)
Post • Nivea 2 Phase Aftershave

While Palmolive shave cream does the job, I much prefer Palmolive Stick, it's way sicker and makes much more lather. Same for the scent. To me, the cream smells like old men!
Kai Pink blade is holding up well six shaves in, and seems smoother than the previous use.

Friday 4th February
Zenith 506 - Hampshire Wool Fat No2 - Schick G1 - Schick Plus Platinum #2 - Superdrug Forest Fresh AS - Aloe Vera Gel
tVExL4e.jpg

SOTD 04-Feb
20220203_101825.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Casanova'
Soap: WK Double Agent
Razor: ER 1912
Blade: GEM PTFE (7)

Nice smooth shave this morning, I do love this format. Double Agent performing perfectly, I'm finding that with the WK Tonic (non-alcohol) I'm preferring to have the balm as well. May have to try one of their alcohol based ones at some point.

Smooth and ready for a day on site at work (rare occurrence).

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Friday:
Despite wanting to switch to a tech, I gave the ER Jewel-stream another run out. I got a great shave in 2.
I don't know if it's the combination of a decent shave and the P&B aftershave gel or something else, but after finishing up, my face had a look of glass. Very smooth with a slight shine. Not greasy though, so I'm not complaining.
I expect if I go out later I could garner the same reaction as a Billy Connolly skit "Mummy, why is that man so f'in shiny?"

Attachments

• IMG_20220204_092811__01.jpg
    IMG_20220204_092811__01.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 4
A bit out of sync with SOTD so posting couple of shaves this week.

Earlier in the week
Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: None
Razor: Colonial General
Blade: Kai DIA Double Diamond
Brush: Razorock Barber 24mm
S Soap: Imperial

Another AC blade to try because of @BAW 's generosity is the Kai DIA Double Diamond. After last experience with the Kai Sharpblade and previous encounters with Kai Captain mild Pink I was not expecting much than another blood bath. But no!

This Double Diamond blade is much tamed compared to the other Kais I tried. So much so that I think I favour them over my trusted Schick Proline. To me they seem just that bit sharper so to enable a smooth comfortable shave without being too harsh on the skin. I had 8 shaves so far with it and all is still perfectly acceptable.

The glycerine soap was also a pleasant surprise. Unscented, very easy to lather and lots of cushioning. I went mild on after shave scent with Baxter of California.

SOTD1.jpg

Yesterday's shave

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: None
Razor: Hone - 15 Brass (on loan)
Blade: Gillette Silverblue
Brush: Razorock Barber 24mm
S Soap: Phoenix & Beau - Right Handed Giant

I had the Hone - 15 in Aluminium and it was not a good match. A very capable razor but there was just something about it with the way it felt on my skin. I blame the aluminium. Well, thanks to another gent on this forum @LeeMaz I got to see how the brass feels. And yes it was the aluminium! The brass provides a whole different experience. It just glides on the face and with its heat retention properties keeping a bit more under the hot water it was just like a spa treatment to the face.

The only and really the only downside to this razor for me was its weight. Not helped by the fact it had one of the initial versions long handle but gosh was heavy. You know in this wet shaving world everyone tells you to let the weight of the razor do the work. Does not apply here. I had to use my muscles to make sure I compensate for its weight. And that became uncomfortable after a while. Shame, because otherwise it would honestly be a 10 out 10 razor.

I think Andrew is soon going to release the SS version as it seems he has resolved the manufacturing issues and I hope the SS version will strike just the right balance between these two. Do I need another razor?

Wishing a lovely weekend to everyone!

SOTD2.jpg

Friday February 4, 2022
Razor: Gibbs #17 Adjustable
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Coral Oscuro
Soap: LØTHUR Dave
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Barbasol Pacific Rush
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1185

Star of the show was the shave soap made in the UK which was new to me. I saw it was called Dave and the scent seemed to be in my wheelhouse so.....I would call it a Croap as it's soft but not to the point of a cream. It loads easy and takes water well and took to a nice sour cream consistency. The scent is nice and fresh and described by the maker (I agree) below:

The inspiration behind ‘DAVE’ comes from our founder’s father David, a great source of inspiration at Løthur. This was a man who was seldom found without a cup of the ‘good stuff’ in hand (English breakfast tea) and was rarely seen out of his sacred space, the back garden. David grew giant lilies, creeping jasmine, tall sweet peas and vibrant iris flowers.

DAVE opens with light, citrusy and fruity top notes, reminiscent of Darjeeling tea. It has a soft jasmine accord at its heart and is perfectly rooted with notes of assam and powdery iris root.

Have a Stupid Fun Day Folks !!
IMG_20220204_061510514_HDR.jpgIMG_20220204_062015764_HDR.jpgIMG_20220204_062259581_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Feb. 4, 2022

Hmmm can you tell I'm trying to kill off the tub of chaotic neutral? No? Well, yes I am! Great scent on that one although admittedly the aftershave scent is better than the murkiness version that's in the soap.

I guess I'm about half way through it - the 28mm knot is definitely making a good job there. 3 passes for DFS... not quite BBS but to be honest I don't think I've ever achieved BBS with Ambassador.... It is a great razor but something just isn't there about it for me - I definitely do prefer Blackbird, nodachi or Karve CB plates D and F to the rex. Maybe it's the bulkiness of the head, or handle being on a shorter side? (at least that's what it feels like)... maybe.

Enjoy your shaves Ladies and Gents.

04/02/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - Signature Soap Leodis
Razor - Kasho Kai Captain CAP-R7 Folder
Blade - Personna Injector (6)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Williams Aqua Velva Musk
Wk05 (7).JPG
I have to say i have really enjoyed the little Injector blade trial, it really seemed to make a kitten of the Kai rather than the fighting tiger it usually is.
I will say ensure the blade is not sticking out at the toe as this will scratch and ensure it is nice and straight in the head.
I completed my 2 pass routine of WTG and then a mixed pass, after a rinse and check i completed a touch-up/buffing pass leaving me clean, smooth and comfortable. No indication from the splash and skin feeling soft and supple.
Spot on that!
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

888E09AE-924F-43EA-A7C4-C5157122D86C.jpeg
SOTD: 04/02/2022

Razor: Hone 15a
Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium, 1st use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Aftershave: William Hunt Oud De Parfum Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

The sharper blades really do work well in the Hone 15a but it’s time may have come to move on as the steel versions arrival draws near. A lovely shave and as ever the Tabac produced an amazing lather, my little piggie Zenith boar was brilliant.
Have a great day everyone.

Ending the week on an SOTD themed 'Temptations of a red collar worker'. @Tony'schin should know where this one was stolen from.

20220203_190117.jpg

White collar worker - Rocnel SE-P
Blue collar worker - 0.485923% of a Dorco Prime
Dog collar - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Collar bone - Abatte y la Mantia Krokos
Button down collar - Abatte y la Mantia Krokos splash
Iron collar - Mrs Satanfriendly
In an iron collar - Me

The task in hand was to shift three days of idleness in three passes and the task given to that shredding monster, the Rocnel half-a-DE-blade SE. If anything was going to shift some wiry bristles and probably half my face at the same time, it was this beast. Tame that beast and the rewards are huge. It just doesn't do pretentious 'that will do' fluffiness, it only does effing close. Or huge amounts of facial damage. Take your pick.

A great start to activities with the most wonderful pairing in the Whiskey Barrel and Krokos and a golden face to boot, just to add to that feel of luxury. For those about to shave 'We salute you'.

The Dorco works wonders in this razor (well at least 0.485923% of one) and the challenge is to get that balance. I have tried a feather in the half-blade Rocnel and it really was one of those 'fuck fuck fuck' moments in life (sod that again), but the Prime manages to sit comfortably in the middle and performs superbly. Care taken and three passes without mishap although XTG is very much on the edge of rationality. But hey, bollocks, everything taken with kid gloves and another one of those extreme and ridiculously close shaves. Happiness by the bin full.

A good rub of some Collagen moisturiser cream and a dousing of the beautifully scented Krokos splash and the world snaps in to shaving focus. Blissful. A great end to a working week and a great start to the next three not working.

And no red collars included

'Are you sure it was that good?'

So let me end on a new Japanese discovery where to be honest I haven't a bloody clue what they are on. But whatever it is I want some.

Back
Top Bottom