SOTD : Saturday 29th January-Friday 4th February 2022.

SOTD : 29th January 2022.

a.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap with Mint Extracts.
Brush: Omega 49.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Kent Luxury Shaving Soap.
Blade: Personna PTFE SS Injector. ( D1)
Razor: Schick Type G Injector.

Cold water Face Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Original ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Maiden shave with the Schick Type G SE injector razor which was kindly PIF’d to me by a friend from another shaving forum along with a fresh magazine of Personna PTFE SS injector blades & a Gem Featherweight & a few Ted Pella PTFE SS Gem blades...Thanks to him i now have the great opportunity to venture and experience the wonderful world of vintage SE Injector Razors.

I shall be using the Schick Injector with all my Shave's throughout the week to adjust and familiarize myself with the razor.

My first impression and appearance of the Schick injector was the excellent condition of it...I really liked the design and the feel of the razor...After applying the lather to my face i started to shave using short strokes adding minimal pressure using the weight of the razor....I found my shaving angle which feels quite natural i instantly felt comfortable and at ease with the Schick the first few strokes....The audio feedback you get from it makes the razor sound more aggressive than it actually is.

What is noticeable with the Schick injector, is the blade feel, which is rigid. Feeling completely different and much more noticeable than i get from when I'm shaving with a DE blade...This is probably down to the thickness of the injector blade, which i personally don't mind making the shaving experience feel safe comfortable, and smooth with no blade chatter. Another indication that tells me that the Injector razor design is solidly built to hold the blade firmly in the razor head with no movement.

After i had done the combined (xtg/atg) pass my face was very near BBS...For the sheer pleasure of using the razor i carried on with the pick up pass and to use up the remaining lather.

Wow! I''m instantly swooned by this remarkable vintage razor....My shave this morning was one of most comfortable near 'BBS' shave's that i have had from any vintage razor i have used to date. Absolutely fantastic! A wonderful addition to my humble vintage SE razor collection.

A very enjoyable close comfortable smooth near BBS 2 pass + pick ups Injector razor shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Sat 29 SOTD
Soap Stirling Haverford
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor P Hospital Le Grelot Thiers
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel BayRum + Stirling Haverford Splash & Balm
Missed Stirling Soaps! Start with this nice aromatic tobacco-scented soap. The lather is just impeccably creamy and slick...
Nice enough razor for 3passes but the edge caused red irritation under jawline and neck. Dfs result with 2-3 creepers.
Matching aftershaves were excellent!
20220129_121942.jpg

29/01/22
Pre - Pears Transparent original face wash
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap - Ariana & Evans Pamplemousse
Razor - Kasho Kai Captain CAP-R7 Folder
Blade - Personna Injector (5)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
A/S - Pashana
P1290001.JPG
A bit of a trial today, i decided to see if an Injector Blade would work in my Kai AC Razor, Why? well - because we can, if the IBC can do it why not an AC razor? I set the blade lined up with the toe of the razor head as i would have with the IBC and re check it was level in the head before starting the shave.
A nice face lather with a face full of soft Badger mixing up a nice slick covering.
An earlier shave than normal so not a lot to go at so off i went.
I completed a Full WTG pass and from the off the razor just felt so smooth, mild even, angles seemed more forgiving and it wiped away the stubble that was there with ease.
I rinsed and re-lathered the chin and set about a mixed pass, again feeling so smooth, the razor felt really safe on the skin.
Not a scarily close finish and i could have touched up here and there but as a trial i am very happy with that.
I may need to measure the blade width to see if the injector is a smidgen smaller than an AC blade which could account for the milder feel?
Anyway,
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Update:-
A bit digging on the auld Google shows both AC and Injector blade are 8mm wide and 0.25 thickness.

Last edited:
SOTD 29-Jan
20220128_112014.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2
Soap: WK Vor V
Razor: CG Lvl3 (New)
Blade: GSB (4)

As nice looking as the maze handle it could do with being just a bit longer, definitely prefer the bishop (yes, yes, that's what she said). Still excellent finish and with the full Vor V setup smelling grand. The addition of the EDP extends the scent very nicely.

Ready and smooth for the day ahead, hope everyone has a cracking weekend.

Cheers

Marc

Saturday 29th January
Yaqi Heavy Metal - OSP Dark Matter - Ever Ready 1907 Lather Catcher - GEM Stainless Coated #2 - Cien X-Bolt AS - Aloe Vera Gel
MmF0Vi5.jpg

271825051_1567173713637200_2176929214917892305_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap, Proraso Green pre
Soap: Proraso Green
Brush: Doubloon Bluebeards revenge
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Dorco Titan (3)

Benchmark shave before I roll out the Cryogen sample. Always a nice finish from the Proraso, and the Titan's still chugging along nicely. Have a great weekend, gents.

Good morning all,

Prep, flannel and hot water
Brush, Razorock Beehive
Soap, P&B Lavendula (Vegan)
Blade, Supermax Diamond Edge
Razor, Rockwell 6C (plate 4)
A/S, Bond Spacequest

So the soap lathered up really well in the bowl and smelled great. I cut a small piece from the tin and used a rubber likkimat bowl. It went on nicely and didn’t diminish. It provided a good level of protection.

This was the second time I’d used the Rockwell and I was a little disappointed with its first use. I think I tried it on the higher plates and without using a fresh blade. So likely that was the reason and operator error.

The results this time were a lot better. A very nice and clean shave, no issues / weepers / cuts etc. Admittedly as I try and shave at least every other day there is not a huge amount for my razors to do but even so it made short work of what was there. If I’m honest I could potentially have left it at a two grain pass, but as shaving is something I enjoy and like to do properly these days I did all three.

Another razor I’d recommend. Especially if you try the plates to find the best one for you with the optimal level of growth. I think if i had more I might be tempted to start out with a higher plate and then adjust down.

I’d also recommend the blades. Absolutely zero issues from it, no tugging etc. I’ll try the same blade for my next shave in a different razor just to see. But seems to be good blades for a great price.

Have a good weekend all,

Best,

Ben

29 January

SV 70th Anniversary
Razorock 400 Noir
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-stainless
SV 70th Anniversary asl

3939BD9C-1A0B-4B3D-9107-39C865EFF99D.jpeg
A lovely comfortable and close two pass shave. For me, the Feather AS-D1 is consistently closer than the Game Changer .68-P, and a modern classic, others might not think so. The lather was inarguably wonderful with the Razorock brush.

Sotd 29/01
Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: wet the face stranger shaves
Splash: wet the face stranger shaves
Balm: arko unscented
Alum bloc
Bowl:quintero 3d printed
Brush: alpha outlaw
Razor: homelike shaving BAIKAL
Blade: Gillette platinum 3rd use
Scent notes: intense almond

Morning folks went for another 3 pass shave this morning got about a weeks growth and decided to use the Baikal again the soap performed well and was a strong almond scent had a little irritation when applying the splash but apart from that a really good close shave
Pass1&2: plate 4
Pass 3: plate 2
Have a good weekend

20220129_103122.jpg20220129_103141.jpg20220129_103154.jpg20220129_103614.jpg20220129_103649.jpg20220129_103937.jpg20220129_103956.jpg20220129_105902.jpg20220129_105921.jpg20220129_105925.jpg

Back
Top Bottom