SOTD : Saturday 29th January-Friday 4th February 2022.

:ROFLMAO: No, like France, Australia, South Africa, South Korea.................you know. Actual countries, not states that think they're a country :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I did work out of the Louisiana swamps (Port Fourchon near Houma) for quite some years and that was like something from a different world, never mind country.

IMG_20220204_164431.jpg

4/2/22

Pre - Soap Free Face Wash
Shaving Soap - Tabac Stick
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 22mm
Blade - Shark Platinum (3)
Post - Lea Balm
AS - La Rive Brutal Classic

One of those beautiful flawless lathers, slick, glossy with the perfect amount of cushion, tallow Tabac on it's day is near enough unbeatable for it's performance, the scent however isn't one I could muster for daily use though!
A really smooth and comfortable shave with the Shark Platinum, I really rate this blade, it's up there with the best blades from Lord, I'd say I might even enjoy using it as much as the best Gillette blades.

First time using 'Brutal Classic' aftershave.

Scent Type: herbal, spicy
Top Note: Basil, Bergamot, Lemon, Lime, Rosemary
Heart Note: Cloves, Lavander, Lily of the valley, Orange Blossom, Rose
Base Note: Leather Notes, Moss, Musk, Patchouli, Sandal, Vetiver

Quite a complex scent by the description of it, but my nose isn't the most refined when it comes to appreciating scents! My nose detects herbs and a few other things I can't quite put my finger on, but I really like the scent of Brutal Classic, it's quite a mild but earthy one, quite high in alcohol content but feels great on the skin, I can see it becoming a favourite down the line.

Anyway gents, I hope you have a good Friday and weekend.

Friday February 4, 2022
Razor: Gibbs #17 Adjustable
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Coral Oscuro
Soap: LØTHUR Dave
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Barbasol Pacific Rush
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1185

Star of the show was the shave soap made in the UK which was new to me. I saw it was called Dave and the scent seemed to be in my wheelhouse so.....I would call it a Croap as it's soft but not to the point of a cream. It loads easy and takes water well and took to a nice sour cream consistency. The scent is nice and fresh and described by the maker (I agree) below:

The inspiration behind ‘DAVE’ comes from our founder’s father David, a great source of inspiration at Løthur. This was a man who was seldom found without a cup of the ‘good stuff’ in hand (English breakfast tea) and was rarely seen out of his sacred space, the back garden. David grew giant lilies, creeping jasmine, tall sweet peas and vibrant iris flowers.

DAVE opens with light, citrusy and fruity top notes, reminiscent of Darjeeling tea. It has a soft jasmine accord at its heart and is perfectly rooted with notes of assam and powdery iris root.

Have a Stupid Fun Day Folks !!
View attachment 83895View attachment 83896View attachment 83897
Nice razor Sir !

Evening all,

Prep, hot water and flannel
Brush, Razorock Beehive
Razor, Blackland Blackbird
Blade, Supermax Diamond Edge (2nd use)
Soap, HWF No 2, Lanolin
A/S, Bond Spacequest

Although there wasn’t a huge amount of material to shave. I couldn’t resist using the new HWF soap.

It lathered up extremely well, a nice not overpowering scent. It went on very nicely with lots of protection and slickness.

Very happy with the results, no nicks / weepers / cuts etc. And no discomfort from the application of the A/S. An extremely close and clean shave. I might not need to shave tomorrow!

Have a good evening and weekend all!

Best,

Ben

Friday AM 2022-02-04
Facebook founded on this date in 2004 - cheer or groan
EUrde4Z.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/48)
Floris Verbena shaving soap (tallow)
Haircut & Shave P076-SB Copper
Personna 74 Tungsten (3)
Guerlain Vétiver aftershave (vintage)
jRTL0Pb.jpg

A13F4C4F-822F-4934-8F88-B3774ED7AF4A.jpeg

Hot shower
Asylum Rx w/
Kai Sharpblade
A&E Spartacus, on the dense side

The Shave: ATG, ATG, done. No touch-ups.

The Rx was okay with a Kai mild, not bad with a Proline, but I was beginning to think there wasn't any kind of special shave awaiting. In with a fresh Sharpblade, and away we go... I've found my combo for the next while.

Now to source some more Sharpblades...

Razor = Karve CB ( C )
Blade = Voskhod. ( 3 )
Brush = PAA Amber Aerolite 24mm Synthetic
Cream = ES Bay Rum with matching balm
Splash = Myrsol Don Miguel
BE78CD0A-044F-4063-89F4-0D4FF9CD288B.jpegAn Absolute wonderful shave tonight
Actually the best shave iv had with the Karve.
Over the last few months iv been using the Karve less & less and was considering getting rid but now i’ll keep it in the mean time.
I bought a lot of blades a few months back and forgot how good the Voskhod’s were,
well maybe not forgetting but just trying different options.
i can’t remember but i’m assuming it’s the first time iv used this razor/blade combo and it was top drawer.
This cream should be finished in 3-4 shaves so definitely another on the cards
Onwards & Upwards boys
Stay Safe

Razor = Karve CB ( C )
Blade = Voskhod. ( 3 )
Brush = PAA Amber Aerolite 24mm Synthetic
Cream = ES Bay Rum with matching balm
Splash = Myrsol Don Miguel
View attachment 83922An Absolute wonderful shave tonight
Actually the best shave iv had with the Karve.
Over the last few months iv been using the Karve less & less and was considering getting rid but now i’ll keep it in the mean time.
I bought a lot of blades a few months back and forgot how good the Voskhod’s were,
well maybe not forgetting but just trying different options.
i can’t remember but i’m assuming it’s the first time iv used this razor/blade combo and it was top drawer.
This cream should be finished in 3-4 shaves so definitely another on the cards
Onwards & Upwards boys
Stay Safe
You should've been quicker ;)

Back
Top Bottom