SOTD: Saturday 27 May - Friday 2 June 2023.

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green)
Blade: Kai (3)
Brush: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green) -Synthetic
S Cream: ES – Fragrance Free

Decision paralysis comes to mind looking at today's SOTD photo. Something that has become prevalent in pretty much all aspects of our lives.
From what TV programme to watch to which Broadband supplier offers the best deal. We live in fear that a better deal was to be had elsewhere.
Same in shaving.....how many of you found the blade that gives you a great shave and yet you are still purchasing blade sample sets or looking at other experiences shared by members you think that blade will definitely give you a better shave.

Well with today's SOTD I encourage you NOT to do that. Don't go and buy Kai DE blades because they're not great. Yes they're sharp but sharpness isn't everything. I don't find them particularly smooth and overall was not a great shave. So don't buy them! (and I'm sure this is the exact reason why some of you will buy them just to see how bad they are - reverse psychology? :unsure: )

View attachment 106640
I've really only had good to great shaves with Kai blades, so I suppose your mileage varied. :)

How do you find the Krokos?

Personally I think it is one of the best Soaps I have come across and the splash and EDC to be superb scents. Certainly different.It's a premium
Can't fault the soap and splash in anyway either .
I've never come across anything even similar fragrance wise . Have you ever tried any other of their soaps or splashes ?

Wednesday 31st May

AJFCJaUG3g7VO70ggywoFwAY04f_zjV1Gt2cAG6aROv5egNUG9r65IGLwCnOhhwKUfhCwcCrd6oMhmtb-pZ4XuZwWPlvCdsu8SuDKu6JGy5EoqgC4fAQxF48I9PveeEAkj31kpldMH5Z9mcnxYOZRdtRrGet4w=w1200

Imperial Leather (Vintage) Shave Bowl & Macy Associates No.5 w/Muhle Silvertip Fibre 22mm
Gillette Tech pre-War American (Brass) & Super Gillette Blue (NOS T4 1999) (3)
Imperial Leather Classic (Vintage) Aftershave

Gosh! This blade is sharp! Another superb shave. I'll be switching over to the Thai marketed Super Gillette Blue tomorrow, so will be able to confirm but I rather feel that this NOS blade is more akin to the modern Gillette London Bridge than the present Super Gillette Blue. Seriously sharp blade and super-smooth with it.

Loving the Imperial Leather Classic aftershave - it is very different to the regular (older?) Imperial Leather splash and more like if Puig Quorum got mixed with Old Spice on the two to one ratio. It's certainly sweeter than the original but the leather is boosted. Lovely!

Actually, I was thinking what fun it is to be shaving with a blade that's now 25 years old, but the rest of the kit pails that into insignificance ... what with an 85 year old razor, 65 year old brush when it was first marketed, 55 year old soap and even the splash at probably 40 years old. Super, super vintage shave.

Last edited:
Decent second shave with the Chinese Super Blue, this time with the trusty Mk.I Gillette Adjustable

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Gillette Mk. I Adjustable 195 'Fatboy' (1960)
Blade: Gillette Super Blue
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Men Rock Black Pomegranate
Aftershave: Cella Lozione Dopobarba https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/64779a9b7561cd6e4045cc0b

Blade: London Bridge (1)
Razor: Razoroc Game Changer .68
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap & Splash: Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime

A hot day and a head cold. Wanted something both refreshing and too try and clear my sinuses a bit, but without the menthol burn. Probably not my best choice as the splash doesn't have the best skin care, probably should have gone down the Zingari Man route for their splash, although I find their soaps have a much milder clean scent than what I was looking for today

Attachments

• 20230529_211615.jpg
    20230529_211615.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 5
SOTD 20230531 ABC by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: Semogue 1305, Boar Premium 90% Tops, 22x55x108mm, 56g
  • Software: A&B Cosmetics Ribera Set (Sapone 150ml / Lozione 100ml)
  • Razor: Hess Ezy Shave No.1010
  • Blade: Personna Hair Shaper #10
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan

IMG_1839.jpeg
SOTD: 31/05/2023

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: Yaqi Plastic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Murphy & Mcneil Magh Tured Puck
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Woody Oud EdP

The 6s can do no wrong even in the caravan, especially after I’ve had a few days of eating and drinking badly my skin becomes dreadful but it’s still smooth as silk with the 6s. Just a great shave and the base in this soap can seemingly take loads of water to make a slick and wonderful lather!

Yesterday's shave I used the WW2 bakelite tech. Rex 1955 and Tequila Tease splash. PAA synth

Today's and tomorrow's shaves will be using the Falklands issued Tech, Tabac stick and splash. Away working.

The bakelite tech is a bit draggy, but a little more aggressive than the 80s issued Tech.

Great shaves so far from both, expect tomorrow's will be good too!

Attachments

• 20230531_233920.jpg
    20230531_233920.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230530_174155.jpg
    20230530_174155.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 6
Thu 1st June
Soap Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake
Razor Joseph Rodgers 5/8
Aftershave Clubman Gent's Gin
Fantastic lather whipped up with the excellent brush. Creamy, slick, and smell nice...augmented by one of my favorite splashes!
This razor's performance is good. Enjoyed 3 smooth passes for a bbs-ccs finish...
20230601_111913.jpg

SOTD: 1st June 2023.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Fine Fresh Vetiver Classic Shaving Soap.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D2)
Razor: 1940's Thin Handle Gillette Flat Bottom Tech. (ENG)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Blue Stratos ASL./ Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

(Gillette Tech & clone focus month)

Greetings,

A relaxing shave to start June which I will be doing a Gillette Tech & clone focus for the full month carrying on pairing them together with an assortment of DE blades.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom