SOTD: Saturday 27 May - Friday 2 June 2023.

SOTD: 27th May 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic.
Face & Head lather.
Lather: Ach Brito Mogno Shaving Soap Bar.
Razor: Parker 94R. Vidyut/Supermax Super Stainless. (D1)
Razor: Gillette guard. (Head/Dome) (D1.)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Davidoff Cool Water ASL./ Creightons Sensitive PSB.

(Face & Head Shave)

A new shave set up to start the weekend....A near repeat of my previous shave.

I used the Ach Brito Mogno Shaving Soap Bar like a shave stick rubbing it directly into my stubble then started to build up a lather with my wet brush adding more water to the tips of the brush continued building the lather until i got it to the consistency i like, adding more water to the tips of brush in-between each pass.

Another enjoyable close comfortable face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with few small dollops of Creightons Sensitive PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling cool smooth, & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Sat 27
Soap CBL Tonsorial Cigar Shop Hombre
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice
Razor Wade & Butcher 7/8 "Steamship" Wedge
Aftershave Stirling Haverford Splash
Lovely aromatic cigarish scented with a nice slick lather...whip-up luxuriously by the large brush...
Beautiful hefty razor for today's shave. 3 smooth and crisp passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230527_121808.jpg

Sat 27th May

Cyril Salter MS ED2band
L’Occitane Cade soap
RR Hawk V3 A plate
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 6 )
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

Am really enjoying my recent Shaves with the Hawk paired with a K.Pink blade. Have a meeting to go to on Sunday in Essex, so will go and stay with Sister in Law, and pop in to see youngest son. Hope to beat Tunnel Traffic.

25946B32-C328-437F-A557-77917C10E0F7.jpeg

Today's shave:

rdt230527f3dt8.jpg

- WestMan Ribalta
- Tatara Semogue Boar
- Tatara Masamune Mini with Sputnik blade
- Tüff sensitiv aftershave

:D

27/05/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - Martin De Candre Original
Razor - Merkur 1904 (42C)
Blade - 7 o' Clock Yellow
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - Williams Aqua Velva Musk
Wk 22 (1).JPG
A very enjoyable shave with the old West German 42C, Fitted with the Gillette "Sharpedge" it gave a very comfortable 3 pass shave for a BBS result.
The Smog-hog was a bit of soap eater this morning, not sure why and surprised when using it with the MDC? so the final lather was a little thin.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

SotD-27/05/23.

Well the weather is set very fair this weekend so I started it with an aquatic touch & very nice it was too..

Pre: - Hot Shower & Steamed Towel
Razor: - H&S Efficient Ti
Blade: - Rapira Platinum Lux (New)
Brush: - Trotters Handcrafts 'Oneirophrenia' Manchurian
S&S: - Southern Witchcrafts 'Labyrinth'
EdP: - Creed Silver Mountain Water

Happy Shaves To All & Enjoy Your Weekend .

20230527_082225.jpg20230527_082532.jpg20230527_082646.jpg20230527_083001.jpg

Sat 27th May
Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: Barrister & mann Seville
Splash: Barrister & mann Seville
Balm: Barrister & mann Seville
Edt: Barrister & mann Seville

bowl: Giles shaving co
Brush: alpha outlaw
Razor: Gillette Adjustable
Blade: feather 2nd use

Morning folks went for the usual 3 pass shave this morning and another full set today had a brilliant shave this morning great lather and scent also the fatboy and feather was a excellent combo very efficient and smooth have a great weekend

20230527_084018.jpg20230527_083445.jpgq20230527_084515.jpg20230527_084524.jpg

PXL_20230527_101440932~2.jpg
May 27. 2023.

Milky May.

Brush - Alpha / Thater - Bully Boy T400 silvertip fan
Soap - Bee Clean Soaps - Peppermint
Razor - Shield Predator
Blade - Gem #3
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - Tea Tonique - Miller Harris EDP

Still carrying on with Milky May and today's soap was new to me so my first use today.
It was nothing short of fantastic, a luxurious creamy lather with a wonderful scent and made here in the UK, Yourkshire no less!
I recommend this, go ahead and buy some before they run out! :)
The Shield Predator (a stupid name) fitted with a Gem blade made short work of three days growth, no dramas at all.
I'm also loving the Bully Boy brush, it's just fantastic, nice weight with a 26mm silvertip fan knot and it feels great in the hand.
The finish was of course super smooth skin that felt good after the shave
Milky soaps win again!

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy!

Paul.

Last edited:
27 May

Extro Bergamotto di Calabria
PAA Peregrino
Rex Ambassador
Treet Platinum
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

0DDFF182-6C20-426D-819A-1F1FC9D15761.jpeg
What a difference a day and a change of brush makes. A superb, rich and luxurious lather this morning with no effort, unlike yesterday. I’ve come to the conclusion that I mustn’t buy any more boar brushes. I’ve tried many and always had the same issues with poor and dissipating lather, issues I don’t get with synthetic brushes and very rarely with badger.
The shave, by the way, was first class all the way. The Rex Ambassador is a smooth and efficient razor when set to around 2.5 for me.

27 May

Extro Bergamotto di Calabria
PAA Peregrino
Rex Ambassador
Treet Platinum
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

View attachment 106459
What a difference a day and a change of brush makes. A superb, rich and luxurious lather this morning with no effort, unlike yesterday. I’ve come to the conclusion that I mustn’t buy any more boar brushes. I’ve tried many and always had the same issues with poor and dissipating lather, issues I don’t get with synthetic brushes and very rarely with badger.
The shave, by the way, was first class all the way. The Rex Ambassador is a smooth and efficient razor when set to around 2.5 for me.
Just a thought, when you buy a boar brush do you give it a good clean with dish soap before use, it may be the stinky funk on the bristles that is affecting your lather.
As I said it's just a thought because I've never had any problems with lathering with a boar brush.

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom