SOTD: Saturday 27 May - Friday 2 June 2023.

Yes, I do feel like a young seraph, these soaps are wonderful for keeping me looking youthful! :)

Paul.
baby_child_small_child_face_cute_boy_human_newborn-1099377.jpg!d

Thrsday 1st June

AJFCJaUG3g7VO70ggywoFwAY04f_zjV1Gt2cAG6aROv5egNUG9r65IGLwCnOhhwKUfhCwcCrd6oMhmtb-pZ4XuZwWPlvCdsu8SuDKu6JGy5EoqgC4fAQxF48I9PveeEAkj31kpldMH5Z9mcnxYOZRdtRrGet4w=w1200

Imperial Leather (Vintage) Shave Bowl & Macy Associates No.5 w/Muhle Silvertip Fibre 22mm
Gillette Tech pre-War American (Brass) & Super Gillette Blue (1)
Imperial Leather Classic (Vintage) Aftershave

Switching out the NOS Super Gillette Blue for a present day Thai-market and I am absolutely inclined to say that the older ones are a LOT sharper. Present day are much more refined. Glad I have a good stash of both!

I'd give them all a try but can't find a UK seller for their soaps .
Did you say they do EDC as well as a splash ?

I think I bought mine from The English Shaving Company originally.

Indeed I have the EDC. Odd that it comes in a splash form not a spray. Just think their splash but concentrated.

Rockwell 6S (R2 and R4) :: Feather blade (2) :: Stirling Arkadia soap :: Omega 10066 boar brush :: P&B Albion splash
IMG_20230601_212136.jpg
Started with R2 just to try a 'mild' plate for once, hoping that Feather would work well (as it tends to for me in milder razors). But... no. I gave up halfway through the first pass and swapped to R4, familiar efficiency.
The soap's performance was excellent, but I just can't get used to the geranium scent.

Fri 2
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake
Razor John-Bert Cutlery Rattler
Superb soap & matching splash. The nice creamy & slick lather whip-up pleasurably by the brush.
Superb shave from this razor. 3 very smooth and keen passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230602_113152.jpg

02/06/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - OSP Dark Matter
Razor - Mühle R89 Twist
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Williams Aqua Velva Musk
Wk 22 (7).JPG
Early start = early shave
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Yes it is a Friday as we know it Jim, but even so this is not my final shave of the week. However I am proud to present last night's effort themed, 'You'll Never Shave Alone'

20230601_193008.jpg

Jurgen Razor - Tatara Nodachi
Roberto Blade - Polsilver Lodz
Mo Brush - Highlander LFC 24mm Cashmere
Coady Soapo - ADP Collezione Barbierre
Virgil Van Moisturiser - Collegen

'Satan, Satan, Satan, Rah Rah Rah'

First outing and sink time for the new Highlander. Giles was a bit worried about the size of the handle but with hands the size of shovel heads, not a problem. In fact a perfect fit. In comparison to other hand sized objects it makes exaggerating rights a necessity. Ever since being introduced to the Cashmere knot I can't see much further. Again this one reinforces my thoughts. Superb. Giles, a job well done. Soaping material suitably supplied by the heavenly ADP and lathering duties perfectly and efficiently dealt with.

The Tatara doesn't really need any further words on what I have said before and a lovely smooth finish and massive grin value was the order of the day. And it was.

Have someone viewing the house this morning so must shoot. Have a good one folk and much to your annoyance, see you later.

And of course......

No idea who these are as my Japanese translation skills are failing me so early in the morning. May be by tonight when hammered I can probably speak it fluently. Or so it may appear that way.

Back
Top Bottom