SOTD: Saturday 27 May - Friday 2 June 2023.

2 June

Wickham 1912 Club Cola
Simpson Trafalgar T3
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

F8ACB7DD-C9E3-4697-8EAC-E808F4E18AF4.jpeg
Another faultless Feather shave. Accompanied today by a new, to me, Wickhams soap, very nice, and a new brush, also very nice. The Simpson brush is one of their newer special editions called Black Magic, the pictures don’t do it justice, as well as the black and red that you can see there is also a smokey grey/silver in the mix too.

SOTD 02-Jun
20230602_083828.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: M&M Granuaile
Razor: Tedalus Essence
Blade: Feather ProGuard (1)

Found a pack of ProGuard tucked away so decided to give it a bash, should have stayed tucked away. Didn't like them in the Hawk back in the day either and this wasn't much better, much prefer the standard Feather Prof or Prolines.

Just got a handful of dupes from The Essence Vault (TEV), this is pretty much spot on with the sample of the original or at least as far as my nose can tell, we'll see how it is for longevity but so far so good. Also picked up Noir, Vetiver and Tobacco Vanille so plenty to play with.

Smelling good and ready for the day, hope everyone has a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
PXL_20230602_094830753.MP~2.jpg
Friday 2. 2023.

Razor - Gem Contour
Blade - Gem Super Stainless
Brush - Alpha - T400 silvertip fan
Soap - Barrister and Mann - Spice
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - B&M Spice Aftershave

I received this razor yesterday from fellow member @ATG with a few blades, thanks D, so I felt it only right that I give it it's first use, ( with me )
Of course it was going to be an excellent shave, a Gem razor fitted out with a Gem blade, just perfect!
The soap is new to me also and I give it the thumbs up, a great copy of Old Spice and the aftershave was spot on too.

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy!

Paul.

Friday 2 June
Thought I would give the Merkur 42C a whirl seeing as how a few of us have sung it’s praises recently. Used my silver travel brush from the 1930s but again re-knotted with synthetic badger. TOBS Sandalwood always been a favourite of mine and if I had to choose one for the rest of my razoring life it would be this, well perhaps Tabac, or maybe Puros :unsure:
Moving on, armed with a new Derby extra super stainless blade and previous experience, wherein the razor didn’t perform as well as I had hoped, viz and to wit didn’t cut stubble worth a damn, I slackened off the handle tightness a tad. Not so much as it was too loose but enough I felt to give a bit more blade exposure.
Bingo! 2 passes and pick ups and bbs result.
So it’s an adjustable 42C, who’d have thought it?
Poets day, carpe diem fellas!

IMG_0099.jpeg

SOTD 20230602.
BV6fX2i.jpg

3P "La Crema Prodigio" pre-shave cream.
Semogue SOC.
Dr. K Soap Company "Lime" shaving soap.
Maggard slant / MR14 handle.
Personna Lab Blue (2).
Dr. K Soap Company "Lemon 'n Lime" ASB.

Blade: London Bridge (3)
Razor: Razoroc Game Changer .68
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap & Splash: Zingari Man The Navigator

Still feeling ill and gross so this was just what I needed. A lovely clean smelling soap that is gentle on the face, and a splash that is soothing and smoothing on my damaged skin.

Attachments

• 20230601_155911.jpg
    20230601_155911.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom