SOTD: Saturday 27 May - Friday 2 June 2023.

Thursday 1st June
InjecTR v1 3D - Schick Proline B #3 - Speick Vegan Stick - Vig Shaving Synth - Blue Stratos AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20230531-204810-01.jpg

SOTD 01-Jun
20230601_072716.jpg
Brush: Dogwood DG B16
Soap: MDC Fougère
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Super Thin

Wonderful shave this morning, didn't need anything too extreme so picked up the slim and turned it down a notch. More than acceptable finish and decided to slap on a sample of the Noir Extreme, quite nice, prefer the likes of ombre leather but a change is as good as a rest.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

PXL_20230601_085742653~2.jpg
June1. 2023.

Razor - Gillette Tech with Red Horseman handle
Blade - Gillette - Super stainless
Soap - Rex - 1955
brush - Alpha - Betahive
post - Refinery ASB
frag - Tea Tonique - Miller Harris Edp

A great shave with the Tech made better imo
by the Red Horseman stainless steel handle, both in looks and handling.
The Alpha Betahive brush whipped the Rex 1955 soap into a fab lather giving me maximum protection and glide.
Tea Tonique from Miller Harris to finish off this lovely shave.

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy!

Paul.

1 June

Barrister’s Reserve Fern
Simpson Chubby 2
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

2E642D87-E046-43F9-8E32-0DD310E13AC4.jpeg
Even better than yesterday’s shave. A superb lather from the B&M soap and a close and very comfortable shave with the Feather. Great stuff.

1/6/23
Brush- Trafalgar T3 synthetic
Blade- Gillette Nacet (3)
Soap- Pinnacle grooming Pepe le Bleu
Razor- Yaqi Final Cut
Post- Pepe le Bleu splash

Cracking shave today. Forgot how good the pinnacle grooming soap and splash were. Tallow based, none of that veggie stuff around here. Nicely scented dupe of a famous French designer fragrance. Razor continues to impress me. Haven’t used anything else since I bought it. Blades work perfectly as always for my skin. Finished off with a skoosh (Scots slang for spray) of BDC edp.

Attachments

• IMG_1116.jpeg
    IMG_1116.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 12
01/06/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Erasmic 26mm Shavers delight Tuxedo knot
Soap - OSP Sandalwood
Razor - Merkur 1904 (42C)
Blade - 7 o' Clock Yellow
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Pashana Original
Wk 22 (6).JPG
A nice change in the soap today, the 42C really is becoming a favourite of mine.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Can't fault the soap and splash in anyway either .
I've never come across anything even similar fragrance wise . Have you ever tried any other of their soaps or splashes ?

I have. I also use their Matteo 911 which is a very good soap in every respect. Not quite the Krokos and a different formulation, but still worth a stab.

IMG_1850.jpeg
SOTD: 01/06/2023

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Yaqi Plastic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Proraso Green Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave
Fragrance: PAA Awesome Sauce EdP

Decided to try the final pass with the 6s on plate 6 and wished I’d started it that way! Genuinely an amazingly smooth shave that can hit BBS without even thinking about it, it just doesn’t look as pretty as some. However with shaves this good who cares?

View attachment 106696
Karve Overlander alu - Gillette SB - Simpson Special best - Signature Capra & Epsilon Blue.

P. - I meant to ask - after a month of using this stuff and its ilk - you must have the complexion of a 10 year-old seraph? :)

- saludos a todos - I.

@Blademonkey
Yes, I do feel like a young seraph, these soaps are wonderful for keeping me looking youthful! :)

Paul.

Starting Tech Jun(e)kies with the only Tech I have to hand, a gold fat handle Canadian from 1952.
I'm not sure I'll do a whole month if I can't find any others (I definitely have an aluminium handled Tech somewhere). Maybe swapping handles after a week will help keep some variety (if variety is the spice of life why do people keep saying it?)

Eighth shave with the Personna 74. Pushed it a bit too far I think. 7 would have been best. I finished the shave with the third go on the Eversharp and despite its name it's not so sharp now. Binned that too!

The Cussons shave soap is very similar to Imperial Leather. The celluloid base once started melting in a very hot and humid bathroom some years ago which led me to start using it rather than keeping it NOS).

Every time I see this balm I read it as the Institute of Karate!

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Gillette Fat Tech gold (1953)
Blade: Personna 74
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Cussons Shaving Soap (celluloid bowl)
Additional Care:
Institut Karite Shea aftershave balm https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/6478cdb97561cd6e4045cccf

Back
Top Bottom