SOTD: Saturday 27 May - Friday 2 June 2023.

SOTD 20230531.
2Z1PEyc.jpg

Noxzema "Classic" pre-shave cream.
Semogue SOC.
Castle Forbes "Lime Essential Oil" shaving cream.
Seygus Ti "Zeppelin" V2.1 0.7 razor.
Astra Superior Platinum (3).
Clubman Pinaud "Lime Sec" ASL.

SOTD 31-May
20230530_090930 (1).jpg
Brush: Highlander Chubby
Soap: A&E The Novelist
Razor: Friodur 17

Excellent start to the day, the 17 making swift work with minimal fuss. I always expect the slightly larger blade to make things more awkward but it really doesn't, I wonder whether it continues to be as easy with those monster 8/8+'s. It's no more than a wondering though, I've never had any desire to get my hands on one.

Another sunny day, out with the Mrs for lunch whilst the in-laws entertain the little terror.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Wednesday 31 May
Another month bites the dust, well around here no rain for a week so plenty of dust, soon be hearing about hose pipe bans :ROFLMAO:
Good morning Mr Wolf. The WR1 0.86 gap open comb. The oc delivers a closer/coarser shave than a sb but maybe the Astra isn’t the sharpest although only on second use. The razor does the work though, lightest of touch only needed.
The brush was a bit of an impulse buy, I love old silver shaving gear and this baby is a William IV Sterling Silver brush - London 1833, so nearly 200 years old. The bristles were probably original as you can see,

IMG_0098.jpeg

Nevertheless after fitting a new bristle knot it works a treat. Bay Rum from Glasgow soap, easily and creamily applied and 2 passes plus pick ups for a trouble free bbs finish. Bay rum after shave splash and the day is kick started in the finest possible way.
Enjoy the day fellas!

IMG_0097.jpeg

31/05/23
Last of MDC May
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - DS Cosmetics synth
Soap - Martin De Candre Vétyver
Razor - Edwin Jagger D89 Acrylic Handle
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Williams Aqua Velva Formula 1
Wk 22 (5).JPG
I have enjoyed trying all the MDC samples sent to me by very generous members of TSR.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green)
Blade: Kai (3)
Brush: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green) -Synthetic
S Cream: ES – Fragrance Free

Decision paralysis comes to mind looking at today's SOTD photo. Something that has become prevalent in pretty much all aspects of our lives.
From what TV programme to watch to which Broadband supplier offers the best deal. We live in fear that a better deal was to be had elsewhere.
Same in shaving.....how many of you found the blade that gives you a great shave and yet you are still purchasing blade sample sets or looking at other experiences shared by members you think that blade will definitely give you a better shave.

Well with today's SOTD I encourage you NOT to do that. Don't go and buy Kai DE blades because they're not great. Yes they're sharp but sharpness isn't everything. I don't find them particularly smooth and overall was not a great shave. So don't buy them! (and I'm sure this is the exact reason why some of you will buy them just to see how bad they are - reverse psychology? :unsure: )

SOTD.jpg

Last edited:
Wed 31st May

Stirling Syn 26mm
MWF
Schick Type I1
Schick S/S Twin- Japan ( 4 )
GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

Still waiting for builders to finish works, but not here today so decided on a Pub Lunch. Was a bit late getting ready, so had the luxury of starting a Twin Blade rotation mid week. An excellent choice as without any hassle attained a rather splendid close all round finish.

F13027C8-79C8-4FA6-8C7E-716E11F3365A.jpeg

Razor = Karve CB ( B )
Blade = London Bridge ( 2 )
Brush = C&H Copper & Navy V15
Soap = Wickhams Russian Leather with matching balm.
Splash = Boots Freshwood
IMG_1120.jpegAnother Classic from Wickhams and a top drawer shave.
I decided to dial the Karve down to a B plate,
not something iv done before but it worked a treat.
The Scent on this soap is right up my street,
It’s been a while since i had imperial Leathet but i’m sure it’s very similar.
All the best boys n girls
Stay Safe

Back
Top Bottom